Bho Extractor With Taps N Shit?

• Thread starter Mr Bee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

been wondering so butane leach stuff form plastic what is going on in all the lighters we are using ?

are we dosing are self with something every time we inhail the gas off the flame??

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
been wondering so butane leach stuff form plastic what is going on in all the lighters we are using ?

are we dosing are self with something every time we inhail the gas off the flame??

Plastic as in PVC tubing is what most people are talking about. The plastic lighters are a different kinda plastic.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Pressing nuggs is NOT answer unless you have 5+ ton press.

I'm going to press bubble Hash or Dry sift.

Pressing nuggs only get you about 45% of the Resins
Yes but could the squeezed weed not be blasted with butane to get out the rest?

D

dabarino

unless your running a closed loop youll spend more in butane then you would make back on that material... it really wouldnt be quality product either since most of the cannabinoids would have been removed with the rosin press

Graywolf

Graywolf

We've tested their pots, as well as their 4" passive extractor, and their 6" ASME certified unit. It has all been of good quality.

As a designer, I don't agree with all of their designs, from the stand point of the size of the columns vis a vis collection pot, but the fish trap exists only to capture the fish, so design is not paramount and engineers have a saying that something stupid that works, isn't stupid.

More to the point, if we'uns man childs agreed on everything, we would have killed each other off over the same woman eons ago...................

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Of course you could but.

Butane is explosive abd burns at 5000 degrees. Alcohol burns at 650-700 degrees.

Impurities in butane

Mystery oil in butane cans.

Me i understand alcohol, abd know how to use it safely. I use alcohol stoves every day almost 5 years.

I have made QWISO, winterized it to remove clorophyll fats and solids.

I vaped QWISO and I prefer it over BHO. No irritated throat or lungs.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

What do youse think of this one @dabarino @Graywolf @Two.Bears? its £119 ($170/180).i dunno how to do links so screen shots will have to do.this one looks a lot better to me than the first one I asked about.
IMG 1376
IMG 1377
IMG 1378
IMG 1379

It gives u practically everything u need to blast apart from a Pyrex dish.
Also I'm wondering.how does it get onto the parchment still intact?do you line the Pyrex dish with parchment or something?or is it just scraped off onto the parchment.
Please forgive all the questions guys but I'd rather ask people who clearly know what theyr talking about over info that coulda been put up by amateurs.i know gray wolf has been giving good advice on doing extractions for many years on this forum.any and all help is appreciatted.

D

dabarino

What do youse think of this one @dabarino @Graywolf @Two.Bears? its £119 ($170/180).i dunno how to do links so screen shots will have to do.this one looks a lot better to me than the first one I asked about.View attachment 677792View attachment 677793 View attachment 677794View attachment 677795
Also I'm wondering.how does it get onto the parchment still intact?do you line the Pyrex dish with parchment or something?or is it just scraped off onto the parchment.
Please forgive all the questions guys but I'd rather ask people who clearly know what theyr talking about over info that coulda been put up by amateurs.i know gray wolf has been giving good advice on doing extractions for many years on this forum.any and all help is appreciatted.

no offense but you still have a lot to learn before you should go blasting anything.. with that said you should blast onto the pyrex and scrape it onto the parchment.. and that looks better then the last one you posted for sure but still questionable. i dunno why but theres something about that top mini ball valve and the way they call it MB and its suppose to act as a check valve? they also dont use thread tape, that just doesnt seems to legit? id have to inspect it and pressure test things before i could make an actually assessment tho

the one you just showed will hold 1 ounce give or take

this is a very basic video showing the basic set up and use of this type of extractor

Last edited:
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

What do youse think of this one @dabarino @Graywolf @Two.Bears? its £119 ($170/180).i dunno how to do links so screen shots will have to do.this one looks a lot better to me than the first one I asked about.View attachment 677792View attachment 677793 View attachment 677794View attachment 677795
Much better tube. Just check all the screws.

Don't blast into parchment paper tge liquid butane abd cannabinoids will seep through the paper leaving you with a mess

Most people blast into a pyrex. Tgen scrape the BHO OUT of the pyrex abd out on parchment paper for tge purge.

I gave heard yoy can blast directly into Slick Sheet, abd it makes it a Dream to gather tge oil.

Ive never done it or seen it done. All i can tell you what i heard.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Was just posting it out there. Not aimed at you.

Slick sheet...isn't that like parchment paper rolls, but teflon?

Graywolf

Graywolf

It will work and should meet ASME requirements.

From a pricing stand point, here is a Glacier Tank link to price out the individual components for building your own.

http://www.glaciertanks.com/

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

no offense but you still have a lot to learn before you should go blasting anything.. with that said you should blast onto the pyrex and scrape it onto the parchment.. and that looks better then the last one you posted for sure but still questionable. i dunno why but theres something about that top mini ball valve and the way they call it MB and its suppose to act as a check valve? they also dont use thread tape, that just doesnt seems to legit? id have to inspect it and pressure test things before i could make an actually assessment tho

this is a very basic video showing the basic set up and use of this type of extractor
No for sure I'm well aware iv got a good bit to learn and usually I would just crack on and do it but with the inherent danger in bho extraction is kinda stopping me from just trying to learn a bit before I even buy anything since if I buy a peice o shite I don't have the money to then buy another better model.
I appreciate the help lads.big time.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

It will work and should meet ASME requirements.

From a pricing stand point, here is a Glacier Tank link to price out the individual components for building your own.

http://www.glaciertanks.com/
Thing is I don't know how it goes together.its like wen I bought my turbo kloner.it wasn't until after I got it and seen what it was made of that I thought "I woulda been better served making my own" but that's just the way it goes I suppose.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Thing is I don't know how it goes together.its like wen I bought my turbo kloner.it wasn't until after I got it and seen what it was made of that I thought "I woulda been better served making my own" but that's just the way it goes I suppose.

Starting from the top, you have a 1 1/2" sanitary endcap, with a 1/8" hole drilled through it. it is sitting on a Viton sanitary gasket, which sits on a 1 1/2" sanitary tube, around 18" to 24" long. It is held in place with a 1 1/2" triclamp.

On the bottom you have a Vition sanitary gasket with a screen molded in, which sits on a 1 1/2" X 1/4" FNPT sanitary endcap, held in place by another triclamp, in this case with legs welded on, but easily clamped to something else.

The plumbing is a 1/4" NPT X close 304SS nipple, with a stainless ball valve. There is a final fitting the bottom that looks like a quick disconnect, but I can't tell for sure. Not critical to the open blast operation.

D

dabarino

this is the one i showed you
Includes:

• Platinum Cure Silicone Non Stick Pad
• 304 Stainless Material Tube
• 304 Stainless Barb/Flare End Caps w/ Heavy Duty Miniature Ball Valves
• (1) Tri-Clamp
• (1)Tri-Clamp Quadpod
• (1)Viton Gasket
• (1)Viton 100 Mesh (150 Micron Gasket)

Specifications:

• Dimensions (Inches): 1.5" x 12" Diameter Tube
  • Weight: 6-10 lbs.
  • Operating Temperature Range: -30-200F
  • Construction: All components made of 304 Stainless Steel.
  • Intake Fittings: Flare Fitting where Can tip adapter will fit in.
  • High Polish Interior
  • (Rated to 500psi, Working pressure will only reach 40-50 PSI when using solvent cans)
  • Stainless Steel 1/4 flare; and 1/4 Barb port.
  • Gaskets are designed for Oil Processing.Temp range -30-200F

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

That just goes to prove iv got a lot to learn as I had no clue you needed that vacuum thing(still not sure what it's for.i assume to make sure the thing is totally empty of air/gas before use?) or that you put it in an ice bath.

D

dabarino

a vacuum pump? yes you need that to evacuate the air in the material tube for a safe extraction.. there also used to evacuate the air in a vacuum chamber which is what you should use to properly purge your oil

Top Bottom