BigCube's grow show and tell.

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigCube

BigCube

I think I may have to rob you of that technique. That's rope right? Did you just tie it to the stem. Or if I missed it in your thread just let me know so I don't make you have to repeat yourself. So simply brilliant.

Be my guest man! I would be honored 😍
The rope is cotton. It goes to the bottom of the net pot and frays out. I just busted a couple little pieces of plastic out of the pot bottom to squeeze the rope in.

From there I used a garlic mesh bag stuffed with promix hpcc. But a peat puck or rockwoll would work just as good I'm sure. You may even be able to just use more rope. Lol

I only used the garlic mesh and promix to test if it would work like a peat puck... It does!

But also as you've seen with the solo cup wick system, you could just stick the entire solo cup in to your bucket.

I am going to keep refining the method, so if you have any ideas let me know! My next attempt I was just going to do the same thing but with a rockwool cube.

Maybe I'll try a seed after that.. lol. I hate the 4 plant limit man. I would have so many tests going right now if I could. What I really want to work on I call "wickenscrog"... I'm sure you can tell what it is from the name... think my small tent.. but wickenscrog.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Week 1 of flower

View attachment 880240

Week 2 of flower

View attachment 880232

Week 3 of flower

View attachment 880234
View attachment 880237

Week 4 of flower

View attachment 880233

Week 5 of flower

View attachment 880236

Today, mid week 5 of flower.

View attachment 880238
View attachment 880252
View attachment 880256

More to come. Weekly updates fridays.
BACK! SYMBA, BACK! beast.
lots of room to stretch out. another, spoiled, bytch! lovely! nice work n payoff!

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

The rope is cotton. It goes to the bottom of the net pot and frays out. I just busted a couple little pieces of plastic out of the pot bottom to squeeze the rope in.

From there I used a garlic mesh bag stuffed with promix hpcc. But a peat puck or rockwoll would work just as good I'm sure. You may even be able to just use more rope. Lol

I only used the garlic mesh and promix to test if it would work like a peat puck... It does!

But also as you've seen with the solo cup wick system, you could just stick the entire solo cup in to your bucket.

I am going to keep refining the method, so if you have any ideas let me know! My next attempt I was just going to do the same thing but with a rockwool cube.

Maybe I'll try a seed after that.. lol. I hate the 4 plant limit man. I would have so many tests going right now if I could. What I really want to work on I call "wickenscrog"... I'm sure you can tell what it is from the name... think my small tent.. but wickenscrog.
this process, cost some... less handy, idiots... significant dollars and months searching for special order clerks, who didn't retire, or die. very clever!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Fuck man you have a great mind for this shit. I am definitely going to give this a try on my next grow. It makes absolute sense and I can see it increasing early growth rates even faster with the possibility of rockwool cubes. With those there is 0 need to transplant. I can see replacing my hydroton with that and just starting straight in the system with a wick and croutons

BigCube

BigCube

Fuck man you have a great mind for this shit. I am definitely going to give this a try on my next grow. It makes absolute sense and I can see it increasing early growth rates even faster with the possibility of rockwool cubes. With those there is 0 need to transplant. I can see replacing my hydroton with that and just starting straight in the system with a wick and croutons

Wow yeah, croutons! That's an awesome idea man! Love this community driven R&D. I don't have any croutons but I do have some cubes I can chop up 🤣

As soon as my big girl comes down, I'll start in on it. Should be a week or so.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Wow yeah, croutons! That's an awesome idea man! Love this community driven R&D. I don't have any croutons but I do have some cubes I can chop up 🤣

As soon as my big girl comes down, I'll start in on it. Should be a week or so.
Will be watching for it.. really great shit man. I'm pumped to see the outcome.

BigCube

BigCube

Heh. It's pretty much the same thing minus the wick. The bottom of their pot has a nipple that sticks in the water acting as a wick. Once the roots get long enough they enter the reservoir. They could toss in an air stone to make it better. But keeping dirt around dwc systems is a recipe for disaster.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah, end game is pure hydro. Hopefully fast out of the gate.. in DWC, the bottleneck has always been from cutting to netpot. I'm attempting to widen that bottles neck up some 🤣
If this goes well it's going to make things so much easier and a fair bit faster out of the gate.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

bottleneck:

i laid those stretchers, down, aqua: scropped. :(

u zealot r liars n whoors... gonna bypass me! i would get the pots, b in croutons... fox farms, the next, roots, the following and by Monday, I'd b out $500, b Solomon grundy, bat guano, crazy- have fried a season... u'd b laughing at me, harvesting pounds and I'd b back to killin seedlings.
u bet ur comments make me middle finger, ANGRY ! ;D

20191204 125557
20191204 125553
20191204 125323
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

next challenge: create a plant spreader, from the top, dorn. plants from seed, r pretty semetical. know those claws in springs, when i drop shyt? something, like that, only lockable, expanding. sell it to groyo...

u guys r diy gods- were u to start a thread, voting for cool n unavailable tools... imagine the possibilities. take votes... however many of u, compete to build ur personal best... start talkin to reps... b a fun, timelapse, video... makeup, special effects COMPETITION, meets: BUUUU DDDD! could get- let's get ready to rumble guy, don king n mjke Tyson, as ref. THE KING OF BUDS

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

another crazy Canadian showed me his plans, for a muffler (intake/exhaust). cheap. looked pretty cool. i can post it, tomorrow, when she stops looking at me, like THISSSSSS.... if u like. the guy wanted it shared, gratis.

Top Bottom