• Tagged users None
BigCube

BigCube

20200208 191212

Sideways roots? Nah, straight up roots.
Think my humidity is high enough?

BigCube

BigCube

So I've been looking forward to getting some cuttings off of a plant my dad ran last cycle and re-vegged. It was from a 10+ year old seed, ended up being some kind of blueberry.

Now, I will say this: My dad really really sucks at growing. Not that he doesnt know how, just that he is a cheap ass lazy mofo. He doesnt buy decent nutes, he doesnt pay attention to his plants and is super unclean. So he constantly gets pests.

Well, he's re painting his grow room, and as a result, he put the fucking plant outside. It's been out for days now. Its frosted over every day this week. He just revegged it, then he puts it out in the winter cold and short light..... SMH.

I tell him all this shit to his face, so it's not like I'm trash talking him behind his back. And he knows better! This is the guy who taught me how to grow years ago.

Anyways, now I'm praying the plant lives long enough for me to get over there this weekend to clone it. Hope he hasn't royally fucked it. Cause even with his shit grow, it had great flavor. Most blueberry I've tasted in years. His best guess is that it's the original blueberry.

It makes me so fuckin mad he half asses grows now. I wont even go in to his grow room anymore cause of the potential for contamination..

Hope in the next couple weeks I'll have good news about the blueberry. Cross fingers or whatever. 🤣

Srenots

Srenots

So I've been looking forward to getting some cuttings off of a plant my dad ran last cycle and re-vegged. It was from a 10+ year old seed, ended up being some kind of blueberry.

Now, I will say this: My dad really really sucks at growing. Not that he doesnt know how, just that he is a cheap ass lazy mofo. He doesnt buy decent nutes, he doesnt pay attention to his plants and is super unclean. So he constantly gets pests.

Well, he's re painting his grow room, and as a result, he put the fucking plant outside. It's been out for days now. Its frosted over every day this week. He just revegged it, then he puts it out in the winter cold and short light..... SMH.

I tell him all this shit to his face, so it's not like I'm trash talking him behind his back. And he knows better! This is the guy who taught me how to grow years ago.

Anyways, now I'm praying the plant lives long enough for me to get over there this weekend to clone it. Hope he hasn't royally fucked it. Cause even with his shit grow, it had great flavor. Most blueberry I've tasted in years. His best guess is that it's the original blueberry.

It makes me so fuckin mad he half asses grows now. I wont even go in to his grow room anymore cause of the potential for contamination..

Hope in the next couple weeks I'll have good news about the blueberry. Cross fingers or whatever. 🤣

cool, get that cut back to normal....rock it and keep updated...its killer~

dire wolf

dire wolf

Holy shit , i got the same exact story , except now hes 90 , been doing it since he was 70, i go to the house , i say what the fuck did you do to the timer, ugh it was broken i fixed it , why the fuck is it 1000 degrees in there , uh , the fan noise is annoying while im watching tv , why are they bone dry ? Why are they drowing ?

20 years of this shit , same story, my wife says he (dad) just likes fucking with you to argue..... its nuts

And now he has dementia and we are at burger king , and he goes , hurry up and finish eating , we gotta go water the plants....

I told him we shut it down 2 years ago , and he starts arguing with me 😊😊😊 good luck !!

And same story , always taking shortcuts because hes so cheap

And when were were done he would stare at the large ziploc with this shit eatin grin and calculate how much the bud was worth.....

Cattapilla

Cattapilla

We might all have the same dad, as far as being cheap ass dudes. He can do -anything- and has the cash to buy everything. But he has 10 Mr. Coffee's in the garage for spare parts, and won't even fertilize his tomatoes.

BigCube

BigCube

Holy shit , i got the same exact story , except now hes 90 , been doing it since he was 70, i go to the house , i say what the fuck did you do to the timer, ugh it was broken i fixed it , why the fuck is it 1000 degrees in there , uh , the fan noise is annoying while im watching tv , why are they bone dry ? Why are they drowing ?

20 years of this shit , same story, my wife says he (dad) just likes fucking with you to argue..... its nuts

And now he has dementia and we are at bufger king , anc he goes , hufrh up and finish eating , we gotta go water the plants....

I told him we shut it down 2 years ago , and he starts arguing with me 😊😊😊 good luck !!

Hah. Yeah. My dad is 65 this year, so he's not that old yet. But he seems to have gotten a hell of a lot slower and less aware of things since he retired a few years ago.

This is the guy that taught me how to clone, how to spray everything down with bleach water, how to change your clothes and wash your hands before fucking with your plants.

He knows more than I do for sure, or did... now he's using my runoff and buying dollar store Scott's all in 1 fertilizer, if he uses nutrients at all. And he's the guy that always used GH trio, and probably the reason I still use it.

Back when it actually ment something (late 80s early 90s) He ran old Hawaiian and skunk on flood tables with 1000w HPS's just hanging on a cord with china hats on them. Best stuff around back then.

Now he's half-assing everything. I would maybe think it's a money thing, but he's been buying lots of other stuff.

I've been on him about it, been refusing to go in the grow room or to look at his plants. Telling him he has to take care of the pests, and the mold, and the algae... take it more seriously cause I'm tired of you killing most of the healthy plants I give you... it all came to a head, it was chop time so I go over to help him trim. Bring and extra change of clothes and shit. I'm ready to help trim these plants I haven't seen in weeks. I'm not shitting you, there was more mold than there was bud.

Nice looking buds on the outside, a bit burnt from shitty nutes, but not bad looking, until you start trimming.
Half might me a slight exaggeration, but the amount he kept was about 1/4 what it should have been. He was crestfallen, he smokes what he kept, I wont. The only plant that seemed to be immune to the mold was the blueberry.

Anyways, I basically fed him back what he taught me 30 years ago. Explained how you reap what you sew. The importance of a controlled environment with proper airflow, temperature and humidity. How the more you give the plant what it wants, the more it gives you in return... almost word for word how he would have told me.. the entire time he's like I know, I wasn't ready, I need to change things around, blah blah blah... he knows... I want to smack him 🤣

Anyways, thanks for letting me vent.
He got busted growing back in the 90s. Story from him says they tested it at 20%.. I know for a fact he lies about shit all the time. So take that for what it's worth. He only started again when it became legal.

SMH, if that's the original blueberry, and he's killed it... F

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

I hear ya , kind of funny , i might post a pic of him at 89 in front of a box of chems,

Yea , when it meant something.....funny , im new here , and i quickly realized that talking about the 80 's etc seeds , strains isint even worth bringing up ...

Damn , we grew out the entire sensi , sagamartha , soma, mr nice, etc
When dna
And , thseeds came out , they were the new kids on the block , i dont think 90 % of the members here even know what im talking about,
We had killer breeder steve , dj's Some reefermans....

You know The story , now all i hear about is gelato , and so much wedding this snd that , its cool , but we had to bust hump a little more back then , so yea sometimes that alone deserves a little respect ....

And hortilux eye was the god......

Well , i guess we gotta give dads a little respect , we're probable going down the same road...

But killing a vintage blueberry , hmm might have to slap him one,
No excuses there...

Oh shit , i just realized , im only 2 years younger than your dad 😂

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

Oh yea , remember when we wouldent enter a grow area unless we changed cloths etc.....
What happened to that philosophy ? , it was like rule #1 back in the day...
I used to keep a plastic trash bag in my trunk with clean cloths before i went to any grow...
You just reminded me .....

Also just remembered another crazy habit he had , he was in no rush come trim time , he lloved holding me captive for company , so he wouldnt use a scissor, he just yanked the leaf off one by one , even the tiny ones , and crushing the bud while he was doing it , it was agonizing,
Then his hands were so fucking black it took him an hour to clean them , and he only wanted to clean his fingers with orange stolichnaya vodka , then drink it
It made me fucking nuts.....

Thanks , venting 😊

Last edited:
BigCube

BigCube

Yeah, but I must admit gelato is pretty damn good. I would trade it for the original skunk in a heartbeat though.

I cant wait for all the old strains to come crawling out of the hippies gardens and start making seeds for the rest if us. If any of it is still around.

TBH I would never claim that to be the original blueberry. There is no way to know. I would just call it blueberry and when asked I'd tell the story. Lol

He's got other old seeds too. He's just got to find them. He moved a few years ago and still hasn't unpacked everything.

For now, gelato will do. Its flavorful and strong. 👍

BigCube

BigCube

Oh yea , remember when we wouldent enter a grow area unless we changed cloths etc.....
What happened to that philosophy ? , it was like rule #1 back in the day...
I used to keep a plastic trash bag in my trunk with clean cloths before i went to any grow...
You just reminded me .....

I still do it. Come home take off street clothes, put on fresh house clothes, take crap, smoke joint, wash hands visit plants. Basically my daily routine 🤣

Will also wash my before going in to the grow room normally, specially if I've handled any produce.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Yeah, but I must admit gelato is pretty damn good. I would trade it for the original skunk in a heartbeat though.

I cant wait for all the old strains to come crawling out of the hippies gardens and start making seeds for the rest if us. If any of it is still around.

TBH I would never claim that to be the original blueberry. There is no way to know. I would just call it blueberry and when asked I'd tell the story. Lol

He's got other old seeds too. He's just got to find them. He moved a few years ago and still hasn't unpacked everything.

For now, gelato will do. Its flavorful and strong. 👍
Yea , that might be my problem , im not out there getting new cuts , just holding on to my old stuff....

No disrespect if thats what you got growing , i didnt even think to look .....

dire wolf

dire wolf

Where should i look to get a good seed or cut , i think its time i check out the new generation.....

BigCube

BigCube

Yea , that might be my problem , im not out there getting new cuts , just holding on to my old stuff....
No disrespect if thats what you got growing , i didnt even think to look .....

None taken. I hate the names of the new shit. Gelato, birthday cake, girl guide cookies... stupid names.. made me not want to try it. But it was the most flavorful stuff I could find at the dispensary I went to. So when it came time to get seeds, it's pretty much all new shit anyways. So better the devil you know. I must say, I grow it way nicer than whoever grew for the dispensary..

BigCube

BigCube

Where should i look to get a good seed or cut , i think its time i check out the new generation.....

I'm in Vancouver, cropking has a store u can just walk in and pay cash. That's where I got mine. As for a cutting, well I guess if you live near someone that runs it, you could probably get/trade one.

BigCube

BigCube

Just a general update.

My first DWC in over 10 years is going well. 3.5 gallon buckets are too small. I'm changing the water every 4 days 🤣
They only take 2 gallons to fill. This is week 1 of flower. This weekend I'll be doing a massive defoliation.

20200219 114609

Little side project:

Starting early topping and training on a micro clone. Under BLUELIGHT! 🤣 mainly to see how cannabis reacts to pure blue light. This is just over 1 week from rooted micro clone. Under the blue light for 1 week today.

20200219 114356

20200219 114456

It is growing rather nicely, all new growth is perfect and not too much stretch.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Yea i was gonna say.....i think your humidity in from another planet........
Oh now i see , i didnt read the photo caption before...

Top Bottom