BigCube's grow show and tell.

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
newh

newh

thats like hempy style .Ive done a few before with 2 buckets ,its works good.I didnt like how the res bucket got slimy so I would just change the bucket every week which got to be a pita when they got big.These were back when I was rockin cfls lol
oh yeah,the bottom bucket has a small hole an inch or so up the side to let runoff out every feeding.I used coco and perlite 50/50 in the top bucket.dtw everyday or so

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

thats like hempy style .Ive done a few before with 2 buckets ,its works good.I didnt like how the res bucket got slimy so I would just change the bucket every week which got to be a pita when they got big.These were back when I was rockin cfls lol

Cfl’s and blurples. And you still have an amazing grow. That pic belongs in cubes thread. Such creative grows.

BigCube

BigCube

Alright. After 9 days of hanging, it's dry and in the bucket. Final weight is 357g. About 40g or so is what I would consider popcorn and will be going to a buddy who makes shit out of it along with all the trim.

BigCube

BigCube

Wick system update (maybe final).

Well about 3 weeks in flower, the wick system is definitely possible. I must say it is very very picky on nutrients. I am very use to this plant, but keeping up with the nutrients is a bit rough.

I've been using miracle grow 20 20 20 since this is just a test, I dont want to waste my GH.. it takes 1/4 recommended nutrients, then I have to change it out every 3 days cause it starts to show deficiencies if I leave it too long.

This girl is going to my dad's house. Where I take everything I dont want. Lol
He might kill it cause he's pretty absentminded. But we will see. Knowing him he will transplant it somehow.
20191227 104204

20191227 104218

Srenots

Srenots

Wick system update (maybe final).

Well about 3 weeks in flower, the wick system is definitely possible. I must say it is very very picky on nutrients. I am very use to this plant, but keeping up with the nutrients is a bit rough.

I've been using miracle grow 20 20 20 since this is just a test, I dont want to waste my GH.. it takes 1/4 recommended nutrients, then I have to change it out every 3 days cause it starts to show deficiencies if I leave it too long.

This girl is going to my dad's house. Where I take everything I dont want. Lol
He might kill it cause he's pretty absentminded. But we will see. Knowing him he will transplant it somehow.View attachment 924713

View attachment 924714
thats badass brother...nice work ~

BigCube

BigCube

I've been working on flowering this gelato for about 8 weeks now, about to start flushing.

20200116 081733

It was started from seed. It grows easy and clones nice. But its much shorter than white widow. Probably a great scrog plant.

20200116 0818222

Sure smells damn good.

BigCube

BigCube

Well, going to try DWC again. I'm not super sure what people do these days. So I'm going back to what I did 10 years ago. Basically buckets with air stones, hydroton, net pots and general hydroponics nutrients.

20200122 105127

They are 3 weeks from clone, 1 week and a bit in the tent. Both fixtures are on full brightness, hanging about 10 inches from the top of the tent. The 400cfm exhaust fan draws its air right from the top of the tent about 6 inches from the heat sinks.

20200122 105116

I plan to scrog them, but who knows. I'm just feeling things out. Feel free to comment, make suggestions and tell me what I'm doing wrong. 🤣

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well, going to try DWC again. I'm not super sure what people do these days. So I'm going back to what I did 10 years ago. Basically buckets with air stones, hydroton, net pots and general hydroponics nutrients.

View attachment 932679

They are 3 weeks from clone, 1 week and a bit in the tent. Both fixtures are on full brightness, hanging about 10 inches from the top of the tent. The 400cfm exhaust fan draws its air right from the top of the tent about 6 inches from the heat sinks.

View attachment 932680

I plan to scrog them, but who knows. I'm just feeling things out. Feel free to comment, make suggestions and tell me what I'm doing wrong. 🤣

Classic and modern. I like it!

BigCube

BigCube

After about 5 days of flushing, the plant started folding itself over. So I cropped it a couple days early rather than spend hours trying to keep it propped up.

20200121 084623

My first gelato grow went very well. The plant is supposed to be picky, but I find it quite easy. Acting on a tip from a fellow grower here in the farm, I fed it calmag the entire grow, and it loved it!

20200122 104939

Smells great, cant wait to sample this girl. I have clones going in DWC atm, so expect more in the future.

basscaptain

basscaptain

View attachment 932679

View attachment 932680

i'm going to watch this , cause I'm starting the same thing in a 3x4 area with a few tota's just simple set up I'm making right now...... as I type.......

BigCube

BigCube

Things are looking good in the DWC, plants are growing nice. It's almost time to put in the net.

20200124 094753

Strange how they are growing different, both clones taken from the same plant at the same time. One is taller with longer deeper roots, the other is bushier with thicker more populated roots.

20200124 094727

20200124 094657

FacelesDoll

FacelesDoll

Some strains are like that. I think it has to do with where the cut was taken. Some have more hormones than others and express it by outperforming its rivals. I always mother the nicest clone for that reason. I follow the vigor for all the benefits. Looking good though!

newh

newh

View attachment 932679

View attachment 932680

nice idea on the drain valves.i see lots of people using the sight tube for draining.and i gather the the extra rooter foam is for refills?smart fella

BigCube

BigCube

nice idea on the drain valves.i see lots of people using the sight tube for draining.and i gather the the extra rooter foam is for refills?smart fella

Yeah for top ups and refills. Wasn't a fan of having clear sight glass lines. The valves make life easy lol.

Top Bottom