BigCube's grow show and tell.

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

How are you liking your VIVOSUN tent? They seem to be a lot cheaper price wise than some other brands. I already have a room, a walk-in closet and a tent dedicated, but I thought that I might try to limit myself to one more tent before I open up another full room. Is the quality still good for the price? Any information is truly appreciated. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

BigCube

BigCube

How are you liking your VIVOSUN tent? They seem to be a lot cheaper price wise than some other brands. I already have a room, a walk-in closet and a tent dedicated, but I thought that I might try to limit myself to one more tent before I open up another full room. Is the quality still good for the price? Any information is truly appreciated. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

I havent owned any other tents, so I dont have much to compare it to. I have 2 vivosun 3x3x6 tents. Made about a year apart. They are both working out great. I prefer the older one, due to a couple little things that have nothing to do with the tent as a growing environment. The new vivosun velcro strap that holds the door open is 1/2 the length of the original one, so you have to open your front flap all the way to be able to use the velcro to hold it open, not a big deal. And the 2nd one is the top zipper stops at the front of the tent. Just enough to open the door flap. The old one zipped all the way around the tent, so you could zip the tent fully open made it easier for defoliating.. but these arent deal breakers for me.

All in all, I'm very happy with vivosun tents. But as I said I have little to compare it to. My buddies tent is some other brand name, he paid more and it's not as nice, so I guess that's good 👍

Srenots

Srenots

I havent owned any other tents, so I dont have much to compare it to. I have 2 vivosun 3x3x6 tents. Made about a year apart. They are both working out great. I prefer the older one, due to a couple little things that have nothing to do with the tent as a growing environment. The new vivosun velcro strap that holds the door open is 1/2 the length of the original one, so you have to open your front flap all the way to be able to use the velcro to hold it open, not a big deal. And the 2nd one is the top zipper stops at the front of the tent. Just enough to open the door flap. The old one zipped all the way around the tent, so you could zip the tent fully open made it easier for defoliating.. but these arent deal breakers for me.

All in all, I'm very happy with vivosun tents. But as I said I have little to compare it to. My buddies tent is some other brand name, he paid more and it's not as nice, so I guess that's good 👍

got a link for the folks?

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

I truly appreciate the thorough explanation brother! I am just starting back up, so I am nowhere near utilizing all of the available space yet, but I know how the struggle goes; more plants, more space, more lights, more fans/ventilation and repeat haha. I am just trying my best to be prepared. I was already checking them out on Amazon, but thanks for the link as well. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Last edited:
BigCube

BigCube

Just an update on the current plant I am training. It started with a small clone with its roots growing straight up.

20200208 191212

I planted it in a yogurt container, and started training it out.

20200224 115729

Here it is today, trying to encircle the rim of the pot.

20200229 214542

20200302 111240

BigCube

BigCube

Wednesday picture of the bonsai.
I am thinking of selfing this plant.

20200304 091936

20200304 091953

Been defoliating and training every couple days. Will probably colloidal silver one of the branches and let the rest seed. This Gelato is nice, I'd like to keep some seeds around 🤣

BigCube

BigCube

So, an update for those who follow my ramblings. That old blueberry my dad left out in the frost looked pretty shabby, but I did manage to get a cutting off of it. It's been 2 weeks today, and it's just showing signs of roots! Happy day! Looks like project blueberry will happen!
20200307 115449

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey bigcube , happy to hear that the blueberry pulled thru , i cant stand when i lose a good cut , bllueberry one of my all time favorites , just for sentimental reasons , back in the day if you had a good dj , or breeder steve or sagamartha blueberry going , well that was as good as it gets....
But now there are so many more choices , but still have a place in my heart for the blueberrry......all crinkly and mutated as they come ,

BigCube

BigCube

Lol. This is a 10+ year old seed. Even grown crappy it had more blueberry flavor than I've had in the last 10 years at least. I'm not even sure what it is, but its blueberry something 🤣

I want to work my magic on it, and if it ends up to be something good, ima self it 🤣

dire wolf

dire wolf

Lol. This is a 10+ year old seed. Even grown crappy it had more blueberry flavor than I've had in the last 10 years at least. I'm not even sure what it is, but its blueberry something 🤣

I want to work my magic on it, and if it ends up to be something good, ima self it 🤣
Good idea , blueberry is harder and harder to find .....

BigCube

BigCube

Just an update on my first DWC in 10 years 🤣

20200309 133944

They are looking good, despite a major issue. I am using 3g buckets...
I have run them almost dry a couple times 🤣. Now in flower week 3 or so, I'm replacing the nutrient solution every 2 or 3 days.

Next time I DWC, I'll use 10g per plant minimum. Might as well be in dirt with the amount of changes I have to do lol

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

I got into a fight with a Vivosun 4x4 today and I am pretty sure that I won haha. It was extremely easy to put together, comparatively to some more bulky tents that I have constructed. It is probably manufactured with cheaper materials than what I am used to, but I would guess for the price, it can't really be beat. I was pleasantly surprised to find no light leaks whatsoever, after reading several reviews of pinhole light leaks everywhere. I just wanted to thank you again for selling me on this purchase. I truly appreciate you brother! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Top Bottom