Billy Goat's Chem4 X Choc Thai

• Thread starter Invictus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Lookin real good nice grow.. I love Alien Dog.. The Chemdog #4 X Chocolate Thai sound dank I wish I got 2 try that strain in SF when I had a chance..

PorchMonkey4Life

PorchMonkey4Life

PM,
It looks like you may have not read my post. The girls are being run in Sub's Supersoil and I have done many runs with the same formula and have not encountered this issue. How do you overfeed when it's an all organic soil that is only being watered with straight H2O, besides some Bud Candy, which is nothing but sugars and Mg?

Invictus
The soil to hot for the strain . its a low ec plant. next time just add less shit to it, Subcool himself, ive seen get a new cutting he has never grown and in his grow shows, finds out the plants a low feeder..and burn them up a bit in his soil mix........ the mix is just to hot for that strain . from the beginning pics it screams fert burnt, dont get butt hurt it happens,

Invictus

Invictus

The soil to hot for the strain . its a low ec plant. next time just add less shit to it, Subcool himself, ive seen get a new cutting he has never grown and in his grow shows, finds out the plants a low feeder..and burn them up a bit in his soil mix........ the mix is just to hot for that strain . from the beginning pics it screams fert burnt, dont get butt hurt it happens,

PM,
LOL, Not butt hurt. I just responded to your statement with a question because I've never encountered this before with many runs with different strains under my belt with his mix. The confusion that I'm experiencing and that you are not seeing of which I had written about, is that many of the same plants, are not affected with the necrosis that is being displayed on the pics. Granted most of the girls that are being burnt are all from seeds and every plant is different, but some of my girls that are clones like my Sour Diesel have experienced the necrosis, and the cloned sister of her that is directly next to her in the same Supersoil isn't showing the same issues. There in lies my confusion. Same Supersoil mix, that was created at the same time and some tramps have not shown issues while some do.

I just re-reviewed all the pictures I posted and I would appreciate knowing which pictures you are referring to that "scream fert burn." The curling and browning of the leaves may be because of a K deficiency not from toxicity or overfeeding. If the plants had too much N then more than likely they would display a decrease in tensile strength of the fiber and stalk breakage could occur; of which I have not experienced. The flowers would also be smaller and most likely be sparse. An excess of K would cause wilting, of which I have not experienced. Furthermore, if I had excess K than that would lead to a deficiency in Ca or Mg and I see no signs of Ca deficiency as the plants are far from being stunted and again the stalks are not brittle. If I had excess Ca then the girls would show signs of wilting as well as signs of Mg, Fe or Mn deficiencies. The girls don't show signs of Mg deficiency and if I had Mg toxicity then not only would the leaves be curling, but they would also be small and very dark, of which they are not. No signs of deficient or excessive Fe are being displayed. Mn deficiency is not being displayed and neither is toxicity.

My response has nothing to do with being butt hurt, it has everything to do with trying to understand what you are writing. If you can provide me more info on what you are looking at as well as what signs are being displayed that point to a deficiency or toxicity of the abiotic problem then I'm a willing and able student. Finally, if all the same clone girls were being affected with the same issue then I would have at first glance agreed with you and that all signs point directly to being a fertilizer toxicity issue, but as mentioned above some of the same cloned girls are acting differently. If your only willing to respond in short statements without providing me more info to understand then I'm at the same place I was before your statement, i.e., still stumped.

Invictus

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
On the leaves the Choco Thai isnt a huge eater. Topped her out bout 900 ppm and that was pushing here. Just a little more picky then most. Well worth it though. Killer run man. Nice beans to boot also.

I have quite a few runs with the Choco Thai under my belt just for the background.

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

PM,
I just re-reviewed all the pictures I posted and I would appreciate knowing which pictures you are referring to that "scream fert burn." The curling and browning of the leaves may be because of a K deficiency not from toxicity or overfeeding. If the plants had too much N then more than likely they would display a decrease in tensile strength of the fiber and stalk breakage could occur; of which I have not experienced. The flowers would also be smaller and most likely be sparse. An excess of K would cause wilting, of which I have not experienced. Furthermore, if I had excess K than that would lead to a deficiency in Ca or Mg and I see no signs of Ca deficiency as the plants are far from being stunted and again the stalks are not brittle. If I had excess Ca then the girls would show signs of wilting as well as signs of Mg, Fe or Mn deficiencies. The girls don't show signs of Mg deficiency and if I had Mg toxicity then not only would the leaves be curling, but they would also be small and very dark, of which they are not. No signs of deficient or excessive Fe are being displayed. Mn deficiency is not being displayed and neither is toxicity.

My response has nothing to do with being butt hurt, it has everything to do with trying to understand what you are writing. If you can provide me more info on what you are looking at as well as what signs are being displayed that point to a deficiency or toxicity of the abiotic problem then I'm a willing and able student. Finally, if all the same clone girls were being affected with the same issue then I would have at first glance agreed with you and that all signs point directly to being a fertilizer toxicity issue, but as mentioned above some of the same cloned girls are acting differently. If your only willing to respond in short statements without providing me more info to understand then I'm at the same place I was before your statement, i.e., still stumped.

Invictus

Hey Bro,
Your girls are looking mighty fine. I am starting to exhibit some of the same signs you are seeing so if you come up with a solution I would love to hear what it may be I would like to correct it for my girls also. You have been a fountain of priceless information from what I have experienced. I am very grateful for all the insight you have offered me so far and clearly just reading what you have written you show an advanced knowledge of your plants and there responses to various deficiencies and excesses. Keep up the great work.

Invictus

Invictus

On the leaves the Choco Thai isnt a huge eater. Topped her out bout 900 ppm and that was pushing here. Just a little more picky then most. Well worth it though. Killer run man. Nice beans to boot also.

I have quite a few runs with the Choco Thai under my belt just for the background.

Thanks Cemchris,
Since this is a Supersoil run it's a little impracticable to unwind and change it up. This run has been fairly straight forward, but the next run I will almost certainly be a coco run. I'm going to be poppin some of Billy's Purple Nam and Nam Wreck this week. I'll have to touch base with him to inquire what he thinks may be ideal for those new little girls.

Invictus

Invictus

Hey Bro,
Your girls are looking mighty fine. I am starting to exhibit some of the same signs you are seeing so if you come up with a solution I would love to hear what it may be I would like to correct it for my girls also. You have been a fountain of priceless information from what I have experienced. I am very grateful for all the insight you have offered me so far and clearly just reading what you have written you show an advanced knowledge of your plants and there responses to various deficiencies and excesses. Keep up the great work.

Thanks Doc,
I've been doing this for a little while and I try to be as thorough as I can when it comes to these girls. Every now and again things don't go as well as I would like and the yield and quality can suffer. It's all good though.

Whenever a girl doesn't perform the way I think she should and especially when I'm in direct contact with the breeders it's most probably my error. One of the great things about these girls- "They never lie." They show you sooner or later whether or not they can tolerate abuse or not.

I'll run them again in a hydro set up in the near future where I will have much more control of NPK ratios and abiotic conditions that influence their yield.

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
Do ya think maybe some of the super soil had hot spots of nutes bro? like maybe a few clumps where the nutes stayed condensed. Just a thought, great grow none the less bro! Respect

Invictus

Invictus

Do ya think maybe some of the super soil had hot spots of nutes bro? like maybe a few clumps where the nutes stayed condensed. Just a thought, great grow none the less bro! Respect

RS,
It's quite possible that I failed to mix up some of the soil, and the girls that are crispy are just unlucky and received too much of the supersoil mix and not enough unamended dirt. Maybe PorchMonkey and CemChris are right and the entire mix is just too hot. At this point, I'm still at a loss but it's a learning experience, and the nugs should turn out OK.

Here are today's updated pics as well as a preview for another show (Verticle bare bulbs in soil and Coco) I'll be starting in the very near future.

11 A CDXCT 071311

11 B CDXCT 071311

13 A CDXCT 071311

13 B CDXCT 071311

16 A CDXCT 071311

01 A Alien Dog 071311
01 C Alien Dog 071311
02 A Alien Dog 071311
03 A Alien Dog 071311
01 A Shishkaberry 071311
01 A Sour Diesel 071311
01 B Sour Diesel 071311
Invictus

Invictus

Preview for Next Show- Vertical Grow in Soil and well as Coco

Preview of a few different girls for another journal I'll be doing shortly.

1A 071311 Vertical Grow
1B 071311 Vertical Grow
1A 071311 Fan Leaf Shishk
1B 071311 Fan Leaf Shishk
Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Thanks Doc,
I've been doing this for a little while and I try to be as thorough as I can when it comes to these girls. Every now and again things don't go as well as I would like and the yield and quality can suffer. It's all good though.

Whenever a girl doesn't perform the way I think she should and especially when I'm in direct contact with the breeders it's most probably my error. One of the great things about these girls- "They never lie." They show you sooner or later whether or not they can tolerate abuse or not.

I'll run them again in a hydro set up in the near future where I will have much more control of NPK ratios and abiotic conditions that influence their yield.

I like your preview of coming attractions bro those fan leaves at damn HUGE. Your group shots of the current ladies well hell it looks like Christmas to me.

I know my girls have taught me a number of lessons just on my first grow. Unlike you I think a lot of my problems will be solved changing to super soil.

Keep up the fine work we all have a lot to learn together yet.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Morning,

for some reason I'm not getting my updates through email. Got me, but glad to see things are going well. As for the leaf problems. I'm thinking it might be the soil. You'll know more once your run the in hydro. Then you be able to see what they are really eating. Soil, has gotten me kind of Peed off lately. I've got allot to learn about soil. Lucky, I'm going to have access to a old Nam Vet that is going to show me everything about soil

These plants should be fine and do well like you posted. Next run will give you a better idea of what's going on. I'm about done with soil and just using the last of it up. I'll be making the switch to coco perlite mixture in bucket system.

Glad to hear your going to run those new seeds. You should have fun with them. Let me know if you need anything and if your heading to the Hemp Expo. Swing by the booth and say high and check us out.
Take care,
BG

Invictus

Invictus

Morning,

for some reason I'm not getting my updates through email. Got me, but glad to see things are going well. As for the leaf problems. I'm thinking it might be the soil. You'll know more once your run the in hydro. Then you be able to see what they are really eating. Soil, has gotten me kind of Peed off lately. I've got allot to learn about soil. Lucky, I'm going to have access to a old Nam Vet that is going to show me everything about soil

These plants should be fine and do well like you posted. Next run will give you a better idea of what's going on. I'm about done with soil and just using the last of it up. I'll be making the switch to coco perlite mixture in bucket system.

Glad to hear your going to run those new seeds. You should have fun with them. Let me know if you need anything and if your heading to the Hemp Expo. Swing by the booth and say high and check us out.
Take care,
BG

Billy,
The girls are looking pretty good, and the flowers are starting to put on some serious weight. I'll post some pics tomorrow to show their progress. I'm pretty fired up to pop the new beans too and will actually be soaking them tonight. I'll do my best to make it by the Expo and check out you and RD.

Take Care,
Invictus

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

enjoying this journal,in the vertical room how many lights and what size invictus?

Invictus

Invictus

enjoying this journal,in the vertical room how many lights and what size invictus?

Killer show man Im tagged.

very nice bro! Love the vert...glad I found this thread!

Guys,

I wanted to stay on topic and continue with this flat garden of Billy's stuff. I messed up and introduced those pics in that thread instead of doing a separate thread for it.

So just stay tuned for another thread and I'll tell all there. :banana1sv6:

Thanks- Peace
Invictus

Top Bottom