BKs Bean Popping & Chucking Adventure

• Thread starter bunkerking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bunkerking

bunkerking

When I bred African cichlids, F1 after a species stood for first generation fry from wild caught parents. How does it correlate with pot plants? I looked through the terminology thread but can't recall seeing it.

Look into flower breeding and how traits are passed on. Should find help info. Sadly all the firefly plants died. Didnt get any pollen.

Enforcer

Enforcer

When I bred African cichlids, F1 after a species stood for first generation fry from wild caught parents. How does it correlate with pot plants? I looked through the terminology thread but can't recall seeing it.

F1 in cannabis botany refers to the first generation of seeds produced by 2 distinct parent plants. They do not have to be “wild” strains, just plant A bred with plant B. If you force a female plant to produce pollen, and then use that pollen to seed the same plant. Those seeds will all be female (feminized) and referred to as S1.

bunkerking

bunkerking

And if you force that female to make pollen. Putting it on anything else (different strain) would make a reverse. R1. Ty Enforcer i didn't get his question.

bunkerking

bunkerking

I feel like I'm being kind of grumpy lately again. Sorry if so. The new meds are working better but still have these waves of feeling wonky.

@Enforcer I'm thinking you are right with going with a 600w. Maybe 400w. Should cover the entire 4x4 tent nicely. Well 600w dimmable would be ideal. Can ramp up as needed for power.

IMG 20200212 200610
Enforcer

Enforcer

I feel like I'm being kind of grumpy lately again. Sorry if so. The new meds are working better but still have these waves of feeling wonky.

@Enforcer I'm thinking you are right with going with a 600w. Maybe 400w. Should cover the entire 4x4 tent nicely. Well 600w dimmable would be ideal. Can ramp up as needed for power.

Yeah man, a 600w will cover the 4x4 well. A 400w would be ok for veg, but I don’t think you’ll be happy with the results in flower. The buds will be smaller.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Yeah man, a 600w will cover the 4x4 well. A 400w would be ok for veg, but I don’t think you’ll be happy with the results in flower. The buds will be smaller.

well.. not so much "smaller nugs" just reduced footprint and smaller growing area?
Assuming I run a cool tube and can keep it closer to the canopy.

Id rather get super mature fat buds over fluffy ones for weight.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Good looking out for yourself, bro! Being aware of our... grumpiness is huge. Meds can play a big role.

ribble rabble ribble rabble. idk why i dislike sadbad so much. Need to just block him and forget about him.

Going back into the doc's today for a checkup/med review.

God they might put me on 1 more, hope its not rough.

Enforcer

Enforcer

well.. not so much "smaller nugs" just reduced footprint and smaller growing area?
Assuming I run a cool tube and can keep it closer to the canopy.

Id rather get super mature fat buds over fluffy ones for weight.

Yes, it will also reduce the footprint. But light intensity is directly related to cannabis flower development. It’s not the only factor, but it’s a big one. All things being equal, a 600w light will produce a fatter bud than a 400w. Up until flower development hits the limiting factor. Which could be a variety of things depending on your situation. If all you have is a 400w then rock it (I do in veg), but if you’re planning to upgrade at some point a 600w will be more versatile.

Fluffy buds are usually the result of genetics or high heat during flower.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Yes, it will also reduce the footprint. But light intensity is directly related to cannabis flower development. It’s not the only factor, but it’s a big one. All things being equal, a 600w light will produce a fatter bud than a 400w. Up until flower development hits the limiting factor. Which could be a variety of things depending on your situation. If all you have is a 400w then rock it (I do in veg), but if you’re planning to upgrade at some point a 600w will be more versatile.

Fluffy buds are usually the result of genetics or high heat during flower.

Autos, so maybe it was genetics. Hmmm. Ok good to know ty.

bunkerking

bunkerking

I could use my 250w as a backup or a veg tent when I move as well. Only thing is OR rec laws limit 8oz. Rather not have to trim all the time. Aka hitting 8oz every 3 months would be just amazing. Two plants in flower. Two in veg. And just rotate that way.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I could use my 250w as a backup or a veg tent when I move as well. Only thing is OR rec laws limit 8oz. Rather not have to trim all the time. Aka hitting 8oz every 3 months would be just amazing. Two plants in flower. Two in veg. And just rotate that way.
That’s what I do. A small perpetual garden. Also, OR rec law is 8oz per adult in the house. Even though it’s limited to 4 plants per household. Plus if you have extra you can always act like a boss and give it away to family and friends.

bunkerking

bunkerking

That’s what I do. A small perpetual garden. Also, OR rec law is 8oz per adult in the house. Even though it’s limited to 4 plants per household. Plus if you have extra you can always act like a boss and give it away to family and friends.

Ah shit I did not know that. I knew the house was limited to 4 regardless. But that makes total sense.

I live alone but i could donate it or have my brother store it. If I hit over my limit. Just also want to keep the power cost down.

So... yah 600w dimmable. Once I get some income again. Got a few more interviews. I've no joke Sent over 200apps. Sucks having shit ppl skills.

Enforcer

Enforcer

You could stash some with family. But to be real, unless you’re obviously running a pot farm and selling illegally, or your neighbors are complaining, nobody gives a shit what you do. The amount of people growing cannabis at home in Oregon is huge. The entire Willamette Valley smells like weed in October from all the back yard growers. Just keep your head down, and stay off the radar. You’ll be fine. I mean come on. Four legal outdoor plants competently grown, harvested, and dried will yield pounds of product and put you way over the allowed 8oz per adult.

bunkerking

bunkerking

You could stash some with family. But to be real, unless you’re obviously running a pot farm and selling illegally, or your neighbors are complaining, nobody gives a shit what you do. The amount of people growing cannabis at home in Oregon is huge. The entire Willamette Valley smells like weed in October from all the back yard growers. Just keep your head down, and stay off the radar. You’ll be fine. I mean come on. Four legal outdoor plants competently grown, harvested, and dried will yield pounds of product and put you way over the allowed 8oz per adult.

Being my neighbors and I don't get along. No, not just me. 4 people have called the cops multi times for loud music. Don't want to risk it at this location. Nice to have oregon police on your side weed wise.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Being my neighbors and I don't get along. No, not just me. 4 people have called the cops multi times for loud music. Don't want to risk it at this location. Nice to have oregon police on your side weed wise.
Oh yeah, good call. That might be too much heat lol.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Oh yeah, good call. That might be too much heat lol.

Yah cops are out in front of my house often. I gotta move in 6 months or so. Just best to play it safe. It's why I Dont make oil. But great tip on roommates.

Top Bottom