Bodhi Seeds Thread.

• Thread starter happy b
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OrganicBandt

OrganicBandt

Here are some Silver Mountain shots
The one female out of 4 beans I popped last run.
Sweet lemon fuel smell to her.
Missed out and couldn't get a cut of her
Worst part was I wanted to reveg her but fucked up and chopped her.
Runnin some more!

Minitiger

Minitiger

IMG 0456

Close-up of one of the Apollo 11 f4's. Sorry it loaded sideways, not sure why that happened. Already developing a little frost on the leaves, not even three weeks into flower. I think it's day 18 right now. Maybe day 19. Switched to 14/10 a couple weeks before I switched to 12/12. Let them start flowering and then switched to 11/13 after two weeks of 12/12. So, like, two or three days ago. I remember reading somewhere (think it was Grantland, actually) in an interview with DJ Short that he highly recommended flowering with an 11/13 schedule, as opposed to 12/12. He essentially said that the phenotypical expressions of the plants would be more pronounced using 11/13. Also, it just makes sense to me to try to mimic the outdoors as much as possible. Diminishing light schedules is one way to do that, I think.

Really sorry I haven't posted more and better pics. I know I keep saying I will. It's just such a hassle.... Haha. Tonight or tomorrow night, for sure, absolutely, cross my heart and hope to die, I'll take the "real" camera in there and try to get some decent shots. I'm not happy with the lighting in the shots I took last week. Plus, they're way more into flower now than they were last week. Obviously.

Limonene

Limonene

View attachment 563604

Close-up of one of the Apollo 11 f4's. Sorry it loaded sideways, not sure why that happened. Already developing a little frost on the leaves, not even three weeks into flower. I think it's day 18 right now. Maybe day 19. Switched to 14/10 a couple weeks before I switched to 12/12. Let them start flowering and then switched to 11/13 after two weeks of 12/12. So, like, two or three days ago. I remember reading somewhere (think it was Grantland, actually) in an interview with DJ Short that he highly recommended flowering with an 11/13 schedule, as opposed to 12/12. He essentially said that the phenotypical expressions of the plants would be more pronounced using 11/13. Also, it just makes sense to me to try to mimic the outdoors as much as possible. Diminishing light schedules is one way to do that, I think.

Really sorry I haven't posted more and better pics. I know I keep saying I will. It's just such a hassle.... Haha. Tonight or tomorrow night, for sure, absolutely, cross my heart and hope to die, I'll take the "real" camera in there and try to get some decent shots. I'm not happy with the lighting in the shots I took last week. Plus, they're way more into flower now than they were last week. Obviously.
Great post. I ran my last crop on 11/13, it was mainly amnesia haze, my pheno takes 10 weeks normally but was perfectly ready in 9 weeks on that cycle so that is another added bonus. .
Switching to 14/10 would you count day 1 of flower when you change to 11/13? Interested to see how it goes for you. I know someone who ran 13 on 11 off and they stated that it adds a week on to flowering times but you get better yield. Not so keen to try that technique myself though.

mancdank

mancdank

Great post. I ran my last crop on 11/13, it was mainly amnesia haze, my pheno takes 10 weeks normally but was perfectly ready in 9 weeks on that cycle so that is another added bonus. .
Switching to 14/10 would you count day 1 of flower when you change to 11/13? Interested to see how it goes for you. I know someone who ran 13 on 11 off and they stated that it adds a week on to flowering times but you get better yield. Not so keen to try that technique myself though.
Yep the 13 on 11 off is supposed to be used with a 36 hour darkness to start then 12/12 for 2 weeks and then the 13/11 with finishing them on 36 dark to ripen my friend swears by this method and says he's gone from 7000 to 8500 g per crop and says it's down to this he also said the flower time was the same but needed to dark at the end because they don't look like there guna finish :)

mancdank

mancdank

Yep the 13 on 11 off is supposed to be used with a 36 hour darkness to start then 12/12 for 2 weeks and then the 13/11 with finishing them on 36 dark to ripen my friend swears by this method and says he's gone from 7000 to 8500 g per crop and says it's down to this he also said the flower time was the same but needed to dark at the end because they don't look like there guna finish :)
This method is mentioned in great detail in a book called how to super charge your garden :)

Minitiger

Minitiger

No, I started counting flowering when I switched to 12/12. Using the 14/10 lighting schedule for a couple weeks was just my way of "easing" them into flower. I feel like going from 16/8 and then abruptly switching to 12/12 could kind of "shock" the plants, for lack of a better word. Like I said, I wanna try to mimic nature as much as I can.

I've also noticed, with my extremely limited knowledge/growing skills and observational ability, that plants seem to do most of their growing during lights off. Probably I read that somewhere, but from what I've noticed, it seems like, during lights on, they're just harvesting/storing the energy from the sun/light(s) and waiting for the darkness to do their thing. I try to stay out of the tent as much as possible, so I'm not paying too much attention (is that bad? Haha!), but I definitely have noticed that the plants grow/stretch/flower/whatever when the lights are off.

mancdank

mancdank

No, I started counting flowering when I switched to 12/12. Using the 14/10 lighting schedule for a couple weeks was just my way of "easing" them into flower. I feel like going from 16/8 and then abruptly switching to 12/12 could kind of "shock" the plants, for lack of a better word. Like I said, I wanna try to mimic nature as much as I can.

I've also noticed, with my extremely limited knowledge/growing skills and observational ability, that plants seem to do most of their growing during lights off. Probably I read that somewhere, but from what I've noticed, it seems like, during lights on, they're just harvesting/storing the energy from the sun/light(s) and waiting for the darkness to do their thing. I try to stay out of the tent as much as possible, so I'm not paying too much attention (is that bad? Haha!), but I definitely have noticed that the plants grow/stretch/flower/whatever when the lights are off.
I've noticed massive reduction in stretch if the plants are veg on 18/6 rather than 24 hr light so in my opinion your theory may stand up :)

Minitiger

Minitiger

Never heard of a 13 on/11 off lighting schedule for flowering. I think a maximum of 12/12 is the general consensus. Maybe certain strains would respond to that 13/11? 36 hours of darkness to start and finish? That ain't natural haha. Like I said, I'm trying to mimic the outdoors as much as I can. And again, like I said above, I don't think more light is the key. It seems to me (again, with my extremely limited knowledge and experience) that what the plants want is more dark, not more light.

I used to work out all the time, got super-into lifting weights and one thing I learned from that was that the resting period was just as important as the workout itself. Giving your body time to rest and recover is just as important as the actual workout itself. Maybe even more important than the actual workout. In fact, I would do a two month "bulk then cut" thing and after the two months, I wouldn't work out for a week, just so my body could recover and heal. Seems like the same type of mindset could maybe possibly apply to plants?

Sorry, rambling and thinking out loud (on keyboard haha). My point is: don't discount the value of lights-off. Not saying you are, I'm just talking haha!

Minitiger

Minitiger

I've noticed massive reduction in stretch if the plants are veg on 18/6 rather than 24 hr light so in my opinion your theory may stand up :)

Oh, yeah, for sure. I would NEVER veg under 24 hours of light. Never understood why anybody does that. This is my first run in a loooooong time, but I vegged 16/8. Anything more than that seems like overkill. And again, like I said in my post above, plants, just like human beings and everything else, need time to "sleep."

mancdank

mancdank

Never heard of a 13 on/11 off lighting schedule for flowering. I think a maximum of 12/12 is the general consensus. Maybe certain strains would respond to that 13/11? 36 hours of darkness to start and finish? That ain't natural haha. Like I said, I'm trying to mimic the outdoors as much as I can. And again, like I said above, I don't think more light is the key. It seems to me (again, with my extremely limited knowledge and experience) that what the plants want is more dark, not more light.

I used to work out all the time, got super-into lifting weights and one thing I learned from that was that the resting period was just as important as the workout itself. Giving your body time to rest and recover is just as important as the actual workout itself. Maybe even more important than the actual workout. In fact, I would do a two month "bulk then cut" thing and after the two months, I wouldn't work out for a week, just so my body could recover and heal. Seems like the same type of mindset could maybe possibly apply to plants?

Sorry, rambling and thinking out loud (on keyboard haha). My point is: don't discount the value of lights-off. Not saying you are, I'm just talking haha!
A guy once said opinions are like arse holes every 1 got 1 :) me personally have been growing a while and I'm quite happy veg for 18/6 and flower for 12/12 all I was stating was a experience from a old freind and the method came from the book I mentioned which I borrowed and read picked up a few nice little tips in the process but hey if it's not broken n all that :)

Minitiger

Minitiger

A guy once said opinions are like arse holes every 1 got 1 :) me personally have been growing a while and I'm quite happy veg for 18/6 and flower for 12/12 all I was stating was a experience from a old freind and the method came from the book I mentioned which I borrowed and read picked up a few nice little tips in the process but hey if it's not broken n all that :)

Fo sho. If it's working, it's working, ya know?

Limonene

Limonene

Also @Limonene did you notice any difference in terpene profiles/high/whatever when you flowered with an 11/13 schedule? Any differences besides finishing time?
yes actually i did, the amnesia seemed a lot deeper in smell but i put that down to an organic product that i used that a friend of mine makes. The only time i used it before i experienced the same thing but maybe it was also the 11/13 as well. Hard to say but 11/13 DEFINITELY knocks time off sativas.
I don't think it increases the strength, maybe its slightly weaker actually but its hard for me to judge that as i rarely smoke nowadays! Maybe a cheeky one every 2 weeks. Last time i had some gg4 and i reversed my car into a neighbours parked car :/

Limonene

Limonene

i agree, as standard operating practice for a few years now i do 36 hours of dark before flower cycle commences. i don't think it adds any tangible benefits other than plants seem to enjoy it. A bit of a rest before the show starts so to speak. If i ever get a slightly unhappy plant i always move it to the most shaded part of the room to recover, full intense light is only good for happy plants in my opinion. Imagine trying to run a marathon with a cold is the metaphor i usually use there.
I can't vouch for the 13/11 myself but my friend who told me about it says it makes a significant increase in weight, i however wouldn't want to add any extra time on to a crops cycle.

Minitiger

Minitiger

yes actually i did, the amnesia seemed a lot deeper in smell but i put that down to an organic product that i used that a friend of mine makes. The only time i used it before i experienced the same thing but maybe it was also the 11/13 as well. Hard to say but 11/13 DEFINITELY knocks time off sativas.
I don't think it increases the strength, maybe its slightly weaker actually but its hard for me to judge that as i rarely smoke nowadays! Maybe a cheeky one every 2 weeks. Last time i had some gg4 and i reversed my car into a neighbours parked car :/

Haha! Good ol' Gorilla Glue.... Since this is a Bodhi thread, I won't state my opinion on that strain. But, like @mancdank said, everyone's got one, right? An opinion, that is.

I didn't necessarily switch to 11/13 to "help" the plants finish faster, although I do know that that's one of the benefits (if you wanna call it that). I'm a pretty patient guy, most of the time, so I'm not in a big big hurry or anything. Shit, man, I vegged these plants for sixty days before inducing flower. Like I said, I'm just trying to mimic nature as much as possible.

I will say, though, that considering the fact that the Goldstars and the Prayer Towers SHOULD be Sativa-dominant (though one of the two PT's I have looks pretty Indica-ish), an 11/13 schedule should help them along. I dunno if it'll benefit the lone Clusterfunk I have growing (which, btw, has developed this insaaaaaane "burnt rubber" smell that's fucking overwhelming), but it seems to me that I should listen to anything DJ Short has to say about growing. Right?

Limonene

Limonene

Haha! Good ol' Gorilla Glue.... Since this is a Bodhi thread, I won't state my opinion on that strain. But, like @mancdank said, everyone's got one, right? An opinion, that is.

I didn't necessarily switch to 11/13 to "help" the plants finish faster, although I do know that that's one of the benefits (if you wanna call it that). I'm a pretty patient guy, most of the time, so I'm not in a big big hurry or anything. Shit, man, I vegged these plants for sixty days before inducing flower. Like I said, I'm just trying to mimic nature as much as possible.

I will say, though, that considering the fact that the Goldstars and the Prayer Towers SHOULD be Sativa-dominant (though one of the two PT's I have looks pretty Indica-ish), an 11/13 schedule should help them along. I dunno if it'll benefit the lone Clusterfunk I have growing (which, btw, has developed this insaaaaaane "burnt rubber" smell that's fucking overwhelming), but it seems to me that I should listen to anything DJ Short has to say about growing. Right?
Yeah i reckon dj short knows a thing or 2! @happy b told me about djs method to increase the female ratios in reg seeds, i get more males than most in general so I'm going to try it out on my next pop.
Wasn't the PT a mixed pollination or have i got that wrong? i though he used an indy and a sat but i might be getting it mixed up with something else. Looking forward to seeing your pics of those girls, i saw an amazing PT organic grow last year, one of the biggest buds I've seen in soil.
Personally i think once we take the plants and put them in a grow room under hid lighting then nature has flown out the window! I've given up trying to mimic it, u mentioned weightlifting earlier, there is nothing natural about that but it will add layers of muscle to you and bulk you up, thats what I'm trying to do to my plants, get them down the gym i want to see their guns.

Top Bottom