Bodhi Seeds Thread.

• Thread starter happy b
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

@Bulldog11 help me out here haha.

I have really been trying to sample as many buds as possible, with as many growers as possible. The majority of well grown, clean, pretty buds come from indoor crops.

When I rate the top smoke I have ever had in my life, of the top 5, 4 have been grown outdoor. The fifth is Hassan, and always grown indoors. I plan to change that, and sample some outdoor buds in my light deps this year.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I have really been trying to sample as many buds as possible, with as many growers as possible. The majority of well grown, clean, pretty buds come from indoor crops.

When I rate the top smoke I have ever had in my life, of the top 5, 4 have been grown outdoor. The fifth is Hassan, and always grown indoors. I plan to change that, and sample some outdoor buds in my light deps this year.

Yeah, looks-wise, outdoor tends to come up short when compared to indoor bud. And as much as I love the aesthetic aspect of well-grown weed, ultimately the flavor and high are what I value the most. And well-grown outdoor bud KILLS well-grown indoor.

Right now I'm remembering a pic you posted on this thread a while back of, if I remember correctly, one of Bodhi's Northern Lights mix. Might have even been his "Back to the Future" Northern Lights, might've been a hybrid, can't remember specifically (big surprise.... Haha), but it was this massive cola that was as big as your forearm. Really impressive. I also remember you saying you didn't love the high, but either way.... If I had my druthers, I'd be outdoor, all the time. Again, the way nature intended hahaha!!!

Minitiger

Minitiger

First pic is the "canopy," obviously. The one in the back right-hand corner is the lone Clusterfunk. Notice the extremely purple stems. My gut is telling me that that's a genetic expression, but maybe it's some sort of deficiency. Either way, it's looking like it'll be the last to finish. Even the Goldstars are well ahead in terms of flower-development or whatever. I would've thought that the Clusterfunk, considering the genetics, would be the second to finish, after the Apollos. Having said that, the CF stinks like burnt rubber, which isn't necessarily one of my favorite smells/flavors, but whatever. Smells strong, but it looks like its gonna be the last to finish.

Second pic is a close-up of one of the Apollos. These two pics I took with my phone, but I also snapped some pics using the Nikon, just gonna have to wait until tomorrow to upload them, since I dunno how to do that.

I dont wanna be all like, whatever, but, um... I'm kind of proud of myself haha! And I can't reiterate and emphasize enough that @Bulldog11 and @Seamaiden are essentially responsible for this grow. We are so lucky to have such knowledgable and helpful people on this site. I could NOT have done this without their invaluable advice and patience with all of my newb-ass questions haha. Still got a ways to go, so I'm not gonna be patting myself on the back just yet, but yeah, I'm pretty pleased with how everything looks right now.

IMG 0466
IMG 0467
Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

One thing I noticed about the Apollos is that for a while, when they were vegging, two of them were exhibiting the "zig-zag" thing that the Genius is known for. But then they straightened out or something. The plants aren't zigging and zagging like they were earlier. Strange. Either way, they look good.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Man, I gotta say, I think I like the pictures taken with my phone better than the Nikon. Either way, here are a few. It's really weird, the pics taken with my phone seem to display the actual color of the light and shit more accurately than the pics taken with the "real" camera. Either way.... And anyway....

These pics that I'm posting now look like I'm growing underneath an HPS or something. Which I'm not. Strange how the nice camera picks up on the red light of my Apache more than the way my phone does. But whatever.

Cameras are dumb... Hahaha!!!

First pic is a little group shot of the Apollos. Horrible lighting and exposure. I'll fuck around with the camera settings over the course of the next few weeks and try to figure out the best combination to take and post acceptable pics. Either way, you can see just how branchy they are. I'm not kidding, there are a ton of bud-sites on all of them. Very impressed with these. Ultimately and obviously, how they smoke will be the determining factor, but as of right now, I'm glad I have a decent amount of these seeds left.

Second pic is just one of the Apollos. Again, I really don't like the way the lighting is so fucking red. I may just update with pics taken with my phone until serious frost is developing and the plants are getting closer to being done and there's a reason to take very detailed pics.

The others are just random little "nug" pics, if you wanna call them that. Some frost on some of the leaves already, though. I think at exactly 21 days into flowering today. Maybe 22. Considering the fact that I don't know what I'm doing and there have been a few (read: multiple) hiccups along the way, I gotta say.... You know.... Mothafuckin' Bodhiiii hahaha!!! Dude's skills are very good, I have to say.

But y'all know that already...

Just blazed some of his Ancient OG (which I love more than I thought I would) and I'm all like...,"Mmhm. Yep...." So that's it, I guess.

IMG 1881
IMG 1878
IMG 1883
IMG 1885
IMG 1882
Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

Front to back, starting with the left row: Apollo 11 #5, Goldstar #2, Goldstar 1. Middle row: Prayer Tower 3 in the front, Apollo 4 in the back. Far-right row: Apollo 3 in the front, Prayer Tower 2 and the Clusterfunk in the back right-hand corner.

IMG 1888
Minitiger

Minitiger

I checked my email today...looks like I won a pack of Bodhi. 88 cherry...from GLG..any info on this one??

No idea, but just outta curiosity I searched it. Some seedbank I've never heard of (and don't want to name in case it gets me banned) lists a Bodhi Cherry Hashplant and says the genetics are Afkansastan x the 88 g13/hp, so maybe that's what you got?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Nope @Minitiger. They are two separate strains. I don't know what exactly the differences are, however they are both listed at several different sights. Never mind, here it is.......

cherry hashplant (afkansastan x 88g13/hp)

88 Cherries (Cherry pie x 88g13/HP)

Minitiger

Minitiger

Nope @Minitiger. They are two separate strains. I don't know what exactly the differences are, however they are both listed at several different sights. Never mind, here it is.......

cherry hashplant (afkansastan x 88g13/hp)

88 Cherries (Cherry pie x 88g13/HP)

Ahh, okay. The Cherry Pie cross sounds much more interesting, so good to know. Thanks. And you got three packs? Mothafuckin' bulldog.... Haha!!! Always with the,"Yeaaaahhhh, I have fifty packs of this strain, another fifty of that...." etc etc hahaha!!!! I'm exaggerating, but that list you posted a while ago is starting to look like that "Bodhi's Fridge" list I've seen somewhere haha.

Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

enjoy that f4
After Mr Soul said he was coming back these seem to be ghost.
Def be looking for some apollo after he gets the ball rolling though

I will do my best to enjoy it haha.

Nice Tom Waits quote, btw. I have a pretty amazing original print that was taken by Henry Diltz of Tom Waits. It was a gift, definitely don't have money to be spending on frivolous shit like that haha, but I do love looking at it every time I walk into the kitchen. Love Tom Waits.

IMG 0486

Random plant pic that I took this morning, right after I woke up and about two minutes before the light turned off. Judging from the frost, I think it's one of the Apollos, but the more I look at it, I think it could also possibly be the more Sativa-leaning Prayer Tower. Either way, it's a Bodhi strain, so I suppose it should be posted here.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

I have a pretty amazing original print that was taken by Henry Diltz of Tom Waits.
Very nice
Is that a silver gelatin print?
I have a couple older pressings of his and got to see him at the 2013 Bridge School Benefit
But an original print, that's pretty sweet

Minitiger

Minitiger

Very nice
Is that a silver gelatin print?
I have a couple older pressings of his and got to see him at the 2013 Bridge School Benefit
But an original print, that's pretty sweet

I dunno if it's a silver gelatin print, as I don't know too much about photography (which should be painfully obvious from the quality or lack thereof of the pictures I post ((and despite the fact that my dad was a pretty amazing photographer))), but I do know it came directly from Henry Diltz. One of my siblings is very good friends with him. She has a BUNCH of photographs that he personally gifted to her. She has a bunch of Jim Marshall photographs, too, including that one of Johnny Cash giving the camera the finger. When I moved into my apartment in Koreatown like twelve years ago, she said,"As a house-warming present, you can pick any of my photos...." So I said,"Well, okay, I want the Johnny Cash one." She said,"No, any of them but that one." So I said,"Okay, the Ray Charles one." Again,"Sorry, any photo but those two," hahaha. So I "settled" for the Tom Waits. It's a great pic, though (it's Henry Diltz and Tom Waits, so DUH!). Maybe I'll snap a pic and post it somewhere here (probably in my grow thread, as I'd like to make that thread a sort of "random thread where you can post whatever the fuck you feel like posting"-type thing haha), but it is a great photograph.

Top Bottom