Boss's light test. LEDvsHIDvs Maybe Bad boy.

• Thread starter BOSSMAN88188
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What do you think of Ledgirl and her product.

• I should be banned for an honest hands on test and opinion.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I should not be Banned.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Wicked results... So is this right

So LED at .25gpw
HID at .19gpw
Badboy at .19gpw ( you have the 648w version yes?)

Way to grow!!!

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Right-on bossman, but im a bit confused with herbs last post, so are leds the way forward in tents and small spaces and the Badboy for bigger grow-ops? How can a flourescent ou-perform an HID,, doesnt make any sense.

G81

beezleb878

beezleb878

Well its not an ordinary T5 I think. I was surprised by it a bit myself and now I wonder how you cool at 10 x 4 area with those? hehe.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Dont forget I think he used a 400w hid and a 648w badboy (i think if its the 12 light).

So yeah, LED kicks butt by the looks of things. Badboy and 400w coming in an equal second.

Bet that Badboy gets warm.. my 8 strip t5 lightwave emmits a fair bit of heat.

beezleb878

beezleb878

I think at the medium level on up your talking about maximizing your yield. It would depend on electrical costs I think overall if its worth it for Led's looking at it from a large grow perspective. The size of the buds are a bit discouraging in comparison but thats hardly the whole story and I withhold opinion until I sample the quality grown from a led. I dont mean to make it sound like led buds are small, that is really not what I mean to illustrate but just what I think I see in comparison to the HID and Bad Boy lights.

Someone please correct me with merit as I want the Led to work for a medium size grow but the yield difference is vast to care to much about pure efficiency on another factor other than costs.

I mainly see for a medium style grow leds being more used for additional lighting in comparison but for smaller and stealth grows I see the advantage.

Once again, someone with merit please correct me. I will gladly be wrong in my assessment.

I also understand environmental and individual grow requirements would change the values and importance of led aspects thus favoring LED's and thus I am mainly not figuring this situations into my thinking. Such as those with heat issues and more than few other factors.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Damn!!! Badboy=Badass
Great test Bossman!!!

My feeling also.
It is my pick for a winner.

is it me or is the HID have the smallest buds too???

The pic is deceiving. The HiD nuggs were much larger then the led. And second to the Bad boy.

Damn, that bad boy did awesome! Thanks Boss.

Thanks bro, You called it.

I applaud you.
Thanks bro,

Wicked results... So is this right

So LED at .25gpw
HID at .19gpw
Badboy at .19gpw ( you have the 648w version yes?)

Way to grow!!!

Thanks bro,
Though the reason I did not post the GPW was I kept the Bad boy much higher then I good of. Because it is much stronger then the Led. I beleive it was more then double the Foot candles at 2 feet then the LED. Plus I could have fit 5 more girls under there. My GDP has been only yeilding 1z per girl under a 1000 watt. She has gone sour And been let go at this point.
My next run I will push the Bad boy with the goal being a pound from it. And I think it will be easy.
So in my opinion the Led was supposed to yeild as good as a 400 watt. And I do not think it did so.

Kick ass Grow Bossman!!!!!
Thanks for checking out the test.

Right-on bossman, but im a bit confused with herbs last post, so are leds the way forward in tents and small spaces and the Badboy for bigger grow-ops? How can a flourescent ou-perform an HID,, doesnt make any sense.

G81

What up,
The Led would be great for 1 big bushy plant. In a space where heat is an issue.
The bad boy puts out less heat then a 400 watt HID. And can fit 8 well trained girls.
So I would recomend the Bad boy.

Well its not an ordinary T5 I think. I was surprised by it a bit myself and now I wonder how you cool at 10 x 4 area with those? hehe.
I am very impressed with the Bad boy.
My next run with it. I am going to try to surround A MPB style super bush with 3 of them

Dont forget I think he used a 400w hid and a 648w badboy (i think if its the 12 light).

So yeah, LED kicks butt by the looks of things. Badboy and 400w coming in an equal second.

Bet that Badboy gets warm.. my 8 strip t5 lightwave emmits a fair bit of heat.

I think the Bad boy is awesome. The LEd has its applications. But for 100$ less after bulbs. The bad boy
Can fit 8 verses 1 under the Led.

I think at the medium level on up your talking about maximizing your yield. It would depend on electrical costs I think overall if its worth it for Led's looking at it from a large grow perspective. The size of the buds are a bit discouraging in comparison but thats hardly the whole story and I withhold opinion until I sample the quality grown from a led. I dont mean to make it sound like led buds are small, that is really not what I mean to illustrate but just what I think I see in comparison to the HID and Bad Boy lights.

Someone please correct me with merit as I want the Led to work for a medium size grow but the yield difference is vast to care to much about pure efficiency on another factor other than costs.

I mainly see for a medium style grow leds being more used for additional lighting in comparison but for smaller and stealth grows I see the advantage.

Once again, someone with merit please correct me. I will gladly be wrong in my assessment.

I also understand environmental and individual grow requirements would change the values and importance of led aspects thus favoring LED's and thus I am mainly not figuring this situations into my thinking. Such as those with heat issues and more than few other factors.

The Led buds were so much smaller. The density was not good either. The stoney,flavor all lagged.
So far I have sampled each.
And the Led buds where barely worth smoking.
I have shown the Bad boy buds to many grower's and they are all amazed.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
So far I have sampled each.
I have shown the Bad boy buds to many grower's and they are all amazed.

that pretty much sums it up for me :thinking

K

kuz

I am very impressed with the Bad boy.
My next run with it. I am going to try to surround A MPB style super bush with 3 of them

I picture a 4'x3' rectangular plant about 2' thick, surrounded by 1944 watts of light. lol.

beezleb878

beezleb878

Whats the amps on those t5 12 light setups if anyone knows. I couldnt find that.

Whats the best way to cool those? Just good intake and outtake? Lots of fans? How hard is it to control the temperature with those.

M

MediMary

Originally Posted by BOSSMAN88188
"So far I have sampled each.
I have shown the Bad boy buds to many grower's and they are all amazed."

If you listen real close, you can hear LEDgirl yelling somewhere.
haha
J/K ledgirl = )

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
If you listen real close, you can hear LEDgirl yelling somewhere.
haha
J/K ledgirl = )

just glad this thread inst in ledgirls forum or there would be a shitload of editing going on

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

Great test bossmann I'll be waiting to see you take another crack at LED's, and Im super impressed with the badboy.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Shame about the Led buds, I had high hopes.

R

rhead

I was debating a LED upgrade until now. I would rather battle heat issues with an exhaust setup then wait 4 months to smoke shitty dope.

I can go do that right now...! :joint:

P

Pandaman

You are the unofficial tester for this site. Your word pulls a lot of weight. Your tests are very thurogh and informative. In other words... YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

+1

Keep up the good work :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom