Breeders Die

• Thread starter Calicannabiseed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
depends i guess if u only like whats available now then yes. but if ur looking for soemthing new then no i dont think they are.

B

Bluberry

I guess all the old school growers were breeders in some way, and without them what would we smoke?

TortureKill

TortureKill

Some breeders are really fucking things up yes.. There's many opinions on this matter. A lot of greed has infiltrated the seed buisness, and its the buyers job to research the breeder and their techniques before supporting them by buying their seeds.

I encourage everyone to do their part.:anim_09:

B

Bluberry

Some breeders are really fucking things up yes.. There's many opinions on this matter. A lot of greed has infiltrated the seed buisness, and its the buyers job to research the breeder and their techniques before supporting them by buying their seeds.

I encourage everyone to do their part.:anim_09:

I would agree totally with this - any BUSINESS will have its fair share of crooks, but some seem to think that if they are selling anything related to the weed they must be trustworthy.

Unless they offer provable facts supported by data and backed nu with an ironclad reputation then I must assume they are talking shit.

But still, the reputable breeders are doing a great job at offering strains to suit every taste, making the weed more accessible to all. That has to be good?

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Did the breeding of brussel sprouts destroy the kale industry? Does the existence of Boston Terriers mean that the wolf population is in danger?

It's ridiculous to assume that artificial selection is harmful to the process of natural selection that created the parent species.

The introduction of hybridized lines into a pure landrace strain environment could be temporarily harmful, but as long as the natural biological pressures of the given environment remains the same then the artificially bred characteristics will certainly be squeezed out of the gene pool.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
trolls eat dick

breeders die huh? thats a pretty fucked up statement

B

Bluberry

Thing is, no matter how fast breeder in the west change things - out in Afganistan and Iran and everywhere else they are still breeding pure. They are not wasting their time ion this strain or that clone - the have been growing the same shit for a LONG time, and will keep doing it as long as there are people alive to smoke it. The western breeders are just filling a gap in a changing market.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Theoretical speculation: I see a day when advanced technology will be able to untangle much of mystery surrounding the genetic ancestry of many, if not all of the mj strains. The money to advance the study shouldn't be much of a problem once it's legalized. Just an idea that I've been spinning around. I may be missing something.

C

Calicannabiseed

I tend to agree with Ganja so maybe we aren't as bad as I think haha. Some day some scientist will come and unravel my hard work..........GREAT!!

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

I tend to agree with Ganja so maybe we aren't as bad as I think haha. Some day some scientist will come and unravel my hard work..........GREAT!!
Nothing wrong w/ being immortalized- better than the alternative, anyways. lol :smiley_joint:

When you're lucky enough to be a part of the modern day equivalent of the wild, wild, west (replete w/ a gold rush, greedy oil barons, stage coach hold-ups, posses, whore houses and moonshine- not necessarily blue), some bickering, confusion and a fist fight or two are part of the territory.

We're living in a window of opportunity that hasn't begun closing- not just yet. Someday, mark my words, (and if I'm wrong, I won't be here for you to call me on it anyways), people will look back wistfully and long for the Golden Age of mj breeding and production that we are currently living in. Big business and science will change everything and small, independent, specialty growers like myself, (i'm not a breeder- stay away from it every chance I can get :)), will gradually be phased out.

A cannabis genome project might clean up the pollen in the air and give us a clear picture of the cannabis family tree- but as the mystery goes, so goes a lot of the fun. IMHO

johnursery

johnursery

i think we should just have caution and try to preserve our landrace genes, for the same reasons we need to do the same with our food supply genes

beezleb878

beezleb878

You are responsible for what you grow. Dont blame breeders or anyone else for your choice of seed.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

i think we should just have caution and try to preserve our landrace genes, for the same reasons we need to do the same with our food supply genes
I'm trying to do my part. I got some Moroccan LR seeds laid on me, grew out some for my room and passed tissue and the beans off to a breeder friend who will do it right. I do happen to get all of my genetics from him, but it made me feel philanthropic anyways. :wink:

C

Calicannabiseed

It is my strong belief that breeders have weakened the gene pool. The fact that 20 years ago I never saw powdery mildew, never saw or heard of anyone with spider mites. Now there is an epidemic of these things. It is a direct result of feminizing which takes out the male gene thus making the plant weak and susceptible to disease and pests. I stress that it is not the breeders fault but the growers demand for all female seeds.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

I stress that it is not the breeders fault but the growers demand for all female seeds.
I'm being anything but contentious here. I agree that female seeds are a problem but I think the problem is twofold. True, if there wasn't a demand, we wouldn't be discussing the topic. *Some* seed houses could have a vested interest in selling feminized seeds as well. It gives their new releases a longer sales window by making the beans a bit more difficult to knock off. my2c

Top Bottom