Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
That thing looks like it's got some heft to it, and as I recall, it was tiny, late in the cycle.

I extracted about half a pound or so into 1.6L coconut oil; this stuff was pretty good last time around, and getting dry ice is a chore right now. Bent the jar some putting it back in, lol.

I think I got most of it back, actually. By the looks of it. I wonder if I just lather myself up from head to toe, if that would do anything. ie. the transdermal effect. Lets see here. 🧐

IMG 20211021 220817
Last edited:
Bdmack

Bdmack

That thing looks like it's got some heft to it, and as I recall, it was tiny, late in the cycle.

I extracted about half a pound or so into 1.6L coconut oil; this stuff was pretty good last time around, and getting dry ice is a chore right now. Bent the jar some putting it back in, lol.

I think I got most of it back, actually. By the looks of it. I wonder if I just lather myself up from head to toe, if that would do anything. ie. the transdermal effect. Lets see here. 🧐
How does the dry ice factor into the coconut oil extraction?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
How does the dry ice factor into the coconut oil extraction?
Sorry, two different process.

I was going to make some hash/keif, but not possible. Cause dry ice is unavailable due to flu right now. Apparently, much of the dry ice production is going to keeping the vaccines cool. Don't know if it's more widely available yet, but I doubt it.

I've still got a few boxes of buds back there for that process though, when it does come around again. I do enjoy this method above and beyond the others.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I sent the guy that rev got the banana og from a message, I’ll let ya guys know if he has anymore info on the strain.
Rev tells me digger sent it to me 🤣 I’m like no he didn’t he’s never had banana og but when he mentioned the other strains he got with it I knew who sent it to him.😃

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter

Which?... The Wild Child?
I've infused coconut oil as used it as a topical... But it doesn't get me high.
I sent the guy that rev got the banana og from a message, I’ll let ya guys know if he has anymore info on the strain.
Rev tells me digger sent it to me 🤣 I’m like no he didn’t he’s never had banana og but when he mentioned the other strains he got with it I knew who sent it to him.😃
🤘👍

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Which?... The Wild Child?
I've infused coconut oil as used it as a topical... But it doesn't get me high.

🤘👍
Yea agreed. Perhaps it kind of relaxed me some; especially my muscles, seems like the ache's and pains were set back a notch, I certainly smell like a big hash brownie from head to toe, but that's about it. 😜 I did sleep good.

It was worth a try, I'll probably make a shitload of brownies, or cookies. Take a big portion of this to Brian, since he's still struggling with those cancer radiation treatments, and chemotherapy. I don't know for sure what there giving him, but he's not looking the greatest. I feel badly for him.

He looks very pale, has no energy, and a bag of bones. It's sad too see.

IMG 20211022 135243
Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

Sorry, two different process.

I was going to make some hash/keif, but not possible. Cause dry ice is unavailable due to flu right now. Apparently, much of the dry ice production is going to keeping the vaccines cool. Don't know if it's more widely available yet, but I doubt it.

I've still got a few boxes of buds back there for that process though, when it does come around again. I do enjoy this method above and beyond the others.
Really? I’ve moved to dry sifting seems to produce better quality for me

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
You can whip it with a hand mixer... I poor in some Po Sum On... Fucking amazing muscle rub.
Pretty cool stuff there, never seen that one. Looks like you can put it on your taco also. lol

I think I need explore this method also, I got the sifters. Maybe I'll just cool it in the ice box first.

If you melt in a little bees wax or candelia wax, it will keep it solid but spreadable at warmer room temps (for topical). I also add menthol crystals.
It's actually at the close to the consistency of wax, actually. Very thick stuff, I can tell its' strong. Good thing I didn't put a whole pound in there. This was enough.

Now, if I can get it to actually mix. I raided the dollar store. lol

IMG 20211022 164326
amekins

amekins

Freeze your pollen sifter and bud. Put maybe half inch to an inch of material in the sifter with some (I toss in 10-20) stainless steel bee bees and then do the kind of gentle side to side tipping/swirling motion for about 30 seconds. Collect your kief. Put it back in the freezer another 5-10 mins and repeat twice, for a total of three passes. At this point or any point sooner if you’re seeing a lot of green, you’re shaking too hard or it’s done. Toss the spent material (or you can still infuse oil for a mild topical). Repeat until it’s all gone.

ETA: for @Frankster

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Freeze your pollen sifter and bud. Put maybe half inch to an inch of material in the sifter with some (I toss in 10-20) stainless steel bee bees and then do the kind of gentle side to side tipping/swirling motion for about 30 seconds. Collect your kief. Put it back in the freezer another 5-10 mins and repeat twice, for a total of three passes. At this point or any point sooner if you’re seeing a lot of green, you’re shaking too hard or it’s done. Toss the spent material (or you can still infuse oil for a mild topical). Repeat until it’s all gone.

ETA: for @Frankster
Yea, should have done that first, next time. I've got some boxes of old grow's sitting up in the closet, so it needs to be done.

LOL, I know my wife will be eating these, and probably forget there cannabis. Should have seen her eyes and expression when she came though the door looking at them. She said "I am the cookie monster"🍪🍪🍪 I should maybe put the bulk of them up high, where she can't get at them.😂🤣 or she'll be Wiggin out. So crisp, maybe added about 1/4 cup to batch to get the right consistency, so 1 1/4, maybe 1 1/3 for all 4 small bags. A little of the oil actually bleeds though to the cookie sheet. So there good and saturated, no doubt about that one.

IMG 20211022 174454
Last edited:
Top Bottom