Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Lunch meat.... Too bad I'm not a Frenchy...

Could always take up escargot farming. There everywhere
PXL 20220629 165018044

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Well and I'm actually doing something besides just rouging it. The goal here is to heal the land and improve it back to it's prior glory..... Whereas the association just ignores the damage.

So yeah 👍 I agree. It's a worthy cause. I'll post up some pictures of the upper area in the coming weeks. It's pristine with old growth up there.
And the average person who watches tv 8 hours a day would be watching they love that shit. And the marijuana to boot!

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
At the outside gate the Tesla drivers and expensive European vehicles drive in bye the dozens and hundreds of other people. Seen some Aston Martin and Ferrari out there this weekend. Getting above onto the mountain 🏔️ Can hardly get bye them in my old Ford. Told the forest service I will push them out with my truck if there in my way a few years ago....

Maybe I should start with trying to make some inroads with the local rich folks coming up in the summer...

My land makes an ideal base camp for going to the waterfall and lake above

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
And the average person who watches tv 8 hours a day would be watching they love that shit. And the marijuana to boot!
That's the thing... I wouldn't want to alienate anyone over the Herb from wanting to help..

But it could give some people a better perspective of cannabis growing 💗

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

referring to ?
I have a couple grow systems im working on with @Moe.Red

Ill be growing in a couple weeks using a crude design of one… im not sure if i will doing the aero or hydro system yet. Should be a shit show of growth and i have a feeling i will struggle with the nutrients at first because the growth rates should be pretty ridiculous in a new setup with new light, new nutrients, new system and some ring rust

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
If you want information on a specific disorder google it and feel free to reach out to me or someone else perhaps @Aqua Man he's a 👍 resource also
My question totally missed the boat, my bad Frank. I was mostly curious if any early research or “bro science” existed about why strains became medical and why some didn’t. “A bunch of early strains with Pinene helped people with anxiety” yadda yadda yadda. Fck Tbh I just wish there was any good literature or decent studies on cannabis interactions with brain Chem. I was looking for the hefty hefty @Frankster response 🤣🤣

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
So come on guys pool some ideas for me...

What should I do for winter ❄️❄️❄️❄️ accomodations...

Not sure the shipping container is totally on my land and don't want to upset Dan or anything... He's got a tight ass. But Mr Killian is cool AF and down with everything. I can burn his cabin to the ground and find solid level ground there for a season or two... Until I get farther inward. Or some spots a little bit higher on my land itself.

Required,. Mid 20s f is lowest temperature but it gets windy here... Especially during storms.

Wood 🪓 and water are doable. Got three decent chainsaw and gear.. water tubes and pump coming down off the hill soon.

Uphill climbing is a bitch the first 20-30 feet. Then better. I got a huge Marine Afghanistan barracks sitting in the truck but it's heavy AF don't know how to get it up here. I can't budge it and it was put in with a fork lift. Maybe 3-400 lbs. Maybe rigging? Need to figure if I can do it. That I can cut poles for out back here with the alder.

Other consideration.... Or possibly a crude cabin building. Lots of spare roofing stuff I think I can scavenger on the mountain. Or bring up new stuff. Shouldn't weigh much one at a time. Need to keep under say $1500 or $1k better. Unless I'm building something permanent.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
My question totally missed the boat, my bad Frank. I was mostly curious if any early research or “bro science” existed about why strains became medical and why some didn’t. “A bunch of early strains with Pinene helped people with anxiety” yadda yadda yadda. Fck Tbh I just wish there was any good literature or decent studies on cannabis interactions with brain Chem. I was looking for the hefty hefty @Frankster response 🤣🤣
There's a lot of real science behind some cancer treatment glaucoma and epilepsy no doubt. Research is the main obstacle since it's technically still an illicit controlled substance. Thus ineligible for federal research 💰💰💰💰💰

Believe me when I put on my Bio Chemistry hat. There's many possibilities for engineering medical benefits with various strains. The possibility seems pretty endless IMO

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So come on guys pool some ideas for me...

What should I do for winter ❄️❄️❄️❄️ accomodations...

Not sure the shipping container is totally on my land and don't want to upset Dan or anything... He's got a tight ass. But Mr Killian is cool AF and down with everything. I can burn his cabin to the ground and find solid level ground there for a season or two... Until I get farther inward. Or some spots a little bit higher on my land itself.

Required,. Mid 20s f is lowest temperature but it gets windy here... Especially during storms.

Wood 🪓 and water are doable. Got three decent chainsaw and gear.. water tubes and pump coming down off the hill soon.

Uphill climbing is a bitch the first 20-30 feet. Then better. I got a huge Marine Afghanistan barracks sitting in the truck but it's heavy AF don't know how to get it up here. I can't budge it and it was put in with a fork lift. Maybe 3-400 lbs. Maybe rigging? Need to figure if I can do it. That I can cut poles for out back here with the alder.

Other consideration.... Or possibly a crude cabin building. Lots of spare roofing stuff I think I can scavenger on the mountain. Or bring up new stuff. Shouldn't weigh much one at a time. Need to keep under say $1500 or $1k better. Unless I'm building something permanent.

You have a well? Build over it or beside it and use geothermal system …. Warm in winter and cool in summer and no bills

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
You have a well? Build over it or beside it and use geothermal system …. Warm in winter and cool in summer and no bills
Yeah there's a stream coming from above but it's ice cold 🥶🥶🥶 😆. But the rocks up there are huge and solid

That's what I thought makes this area ideally for growing. They cool down the summer heat and the north side only gets the higher 🌞🌞🌞 in the day... It's way cooler and shorter intense light hours during the day

Just need to flip them early enough

I've got wood 🪓🪵 I'll heat with and I'll have generator and propane heater for backup
PXL 20220629 194146720

Last edited:
Observationist

Observationist

I have a couple grow systems im working on with @Moe.Red

Ill be growing in a couple weeks using a crude design of one… im not sure if i will doing the aero or hydro system yet. Should be a shit show of growth and i have a feeling i will struggle with the nutrients at first because the growth rates should be pretty ridiculous in a new setup with new light, new nutrients, new system and some ring rust
right!
right on, looking forward to em.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

If you go back 20 years medicinal meant it had CBD in it. Nowadays it means whatever the marketing person decided.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
If you go back 20 years medicinal meant it had CBD in it. Nowadays it means whatever the marketing person decided.
More nuggets. That makes a lot of sense. Preciate ya!

Was that because they didn’t want too much of a psychoactive effect? I’m wondering if they were careful with first medicinal strains as to not scare away uninitiated folks. My mother deals with bad vertigo and I gave her a few low level strains and she liked it. However the second I gave her something too strong she absolutely hated it and “weed” and told me she probably won’t try anymore 😢 🤣

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

More nuggets. That makes a lot of sense. Preciate ya!

Was that because they didn’t want too much of a psychoactive effect? I’m wondering if they were careful with first medicinal strains as to not scare away uninitiated folks. My mother deals with bad vertigo and I gave her a few low level strains and she liked it. However the second I gave her something too strong she absolutely hated it and “weed” and told me she probably won’t try anymore 😢 🤣
Do you remember the story of Charlotte Figi?

It’s the story that first got tv notoriety on CNN for CBD as a cure. I’m pretty sure this story was the first major general public’s positive view of weed as medicine. So this was the real start of the current legalization movement. This is what was first medicine for the masses.

Fast forward to today and Charlotte’s Web Is big business. Google it and CBD and you will get the idea.

Legally medical means different things depending on where you are standing.

Today medical means anything if I am medically legal in my state and I say it works and has some percentage of THC. So pretty much just weed in general.

As far as your mom yes CBD will take some of the psychoactive bite out of thc in any strain. If thc scares her get a lower thc strain or one that is higher in CBD. I grow a 1:1 thc:CBD strain for my mom.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Do you remember the story of Charlotte Figi?

It’s the story that first got tv notoriety on CNN for CBD as a cure. I’m pretty sure this story was the first major general public’s positive view of weed as medicine. So this was the real start of the current legalization movement. This is what was first medicine for the masses.

Fast forward to today and Charlotte’s Web Is big business. Google it and CBD and you will get the idea.

Legally medical means different things depending on where you are standing.

Today medical means anything if I am medically legal in my state and I say it works and has some percentage of THC. So pretty much just weed in general.

As far as your mom yes CBD will take some of the psychoactive bite out of thc in any strain. If thc scares her get a lower thc strain or one that is higher in CBD. I grow a 1:1 thc:CBD strain for my mom.
My guy thank you very much. Helluva an answer 🌱😍

sambapati

sambapati

Thai stilt house culture  - ảnh 1Stilt house of the Thai
Thais build houses on stilts about 1 meter above the ground. They later they raised the height from 5 steps up to 7 steps and then to 9 steps to protect themselves from wild animals such as elephants.
Thai stilt house culture  - ảnh 2The Thai's house is built on high stilts.
The Thai build wood houses without nails. The wood beams and pillars are tied together with bamboo and rattan strips. The ends of the roofs are reinforced with stout logs.
Almost all family activities take place inside the stilt house: a ceremony to welcome a newborn child, a teenage girl learning to weave and embroider, a teenage boy holding a farm tool for the first time. The balcony is where men gather to make fish nets, rattan containers, and other items. Young boys and girls sing and dance in a communal stilt house hoping to find a romantic partner. Ceremonies to worship ancestors, welcome a new bride, or inaugurate a new house take place in the stilt house. Some stilt houses have rooms for as many as 13 couples.
Folklorist Lam Ba Nam said: “To talk about Thai culture is to talk about the stilt house. The stilt house is a symbol of the Thai and a cultural space of the Thai. A man is born, grows up, and dies in a stilt house.”

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Also maybe take a look at some of the Basecamp like tents in Cabela’s and other places. They are made for accommodating wood stoves and other accoutrements. Probably have to build a raised floor And are Kind of pricey but they look pretty sturdy. Especially if they don’t have to accommodate a snow load.

TSD

TSD

Also maybe take a look at some of the Basecamp like tents in Cabela’s and other places. They are made for accommodating wood stoves and other accoutrements. Probably have to build a raised floor And are Kind of pricey but they look pretty sturdy. Especially if they don’t have to accommodate a snow load.
Or a yurt lol. Maybe a badass tree house... The stilt idea is cool though!

Top Bottom