CA5P3R's Friendly Mag+ Grow

• Thread starter CA5P3R
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Day 6 of 12/12
Well look at the stretch on these ladies. Seems that The Flav and Vortex are stretching a lot more then Qrazy Train and Pandora's Box is still propped up to keep height.
Gave them a feeding about an hour or 2 before these photos, they were very thirsty.
F61
F62
F63
F64

K11NG

K11NG

looking good my friend, gotta let me know how those genetics turn out, reading this book on breeding and im stuck on strain selection, brain is hurting lol my next run is going to be a little grand daddy purps, and some headband, cant wait!

S

Santi

Hey bro want to thank you for documenting all this LED grow. I had been trying to make the decision whether to go w hid or led. U made my choice easy. Although I do have a few questions. Which light should I go with and what size tent?
Peace

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

looking good my friend, gotta let me know how those genetics turn out, reading this book on breeding and im stuck on strain selection, brain is hurting lol my next run is going to be a little grand daddy purps, and some headband, cant wait!

Would like to see those purps man, always had a giant soft spot for the purple plants, that's why I am really hoping my Qrazy Train turns out good.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Hey bro want to thank you for documenting all this LED grow. I had been trying to make the decision whether to go w hid or led. U made my choice easy. Although I do have a few questions. Which light should I go with and what size tent?
Peace

Welcome to the brotherhood haha.

HIDs are proven and in the right setting are prolly optimal just because they are so cheap to jump into.

I see LEDs as more of the hobbyist urban grower type of thing since invest initially and better on the electricity bill and not a lot of clutter and more low profile.

As for what light I can't really speak for a lot of the lights out there as all I have ever used is the Mags. I know they work for me and would recommend them, you may want to check out K11NG's journals as well, he uses the Blackstars and seems to have great success. Me and him had a couple of grows goin at the same time and it was fun dropping into each others threads cause we were both killing it, he's a good dude. He has got more growing experience then me for sure, he's running mostly or all hydro these days I believe, I ain't quite there yet, but soon enough I think.

Anyway there are a handful of good LED lights out there right now so do your research and don't buy any of the ebay type crap cause a lot of that is either complete scam junk or older technology that was the primary cause for a lot of the LED bashing.

As far as tents, not sure what you are working with but get out the tape measure and find out what space you can spare, I would suggest the Secret Jardin DR tents. My original is the DR60 ProII and it is light tight and pretty much air tight too, as soon as I zip it up it sucks the walls right in. I can't say the same for the 2x3ft tent I bought off Ebay for my Mag+, it is not near air tight and is not light tight either, it manages because it is in a closet but I wouldn't flower in that thing in a bright room.

My 2 cents.

S

Santi

Well to be honest since I am so new to this I am going to just grab a mag+ and a 4x4 tent and basically copy what you have done. I have checked out K11ng grow and possibly after speaking with him may change to what he has but want to get his advice on what he thinks. I want to start off as simple and basic as possible. i would love to go w hydro but not sure if I am ready for it. Also do u or anyone u know know anything about the supercloset? they are expensive but they are a closet stealth aeroponic system but for a newbie I was thinking might be a good start?

K11NG

K11NG

Well to be honest since I am so new to this I am going to just grab a mag+ and a 4x4 tent and basically copy what you have done. I have checked out K11ng grow and possibly after speaking with him may change to what he has but want to get his advice on what he thinks. I want to start off as simple and basic as possible. i would love to go w hydro but not sure if I am ready for it. Also do u or anyone u know know anything about the supercloset? they are expensive but they are a closet stealth aeroponic system but for a newbie I was thinking might be a good start?
Whats going on santi glad to hear that your gonna go led. always out to help a fellow grower especially using led technology. As far as what light you should purchase thats entirely up to what you feel comfortable with. My stealth grows are great lights but a little on the pricey side. Ive really seen these mags pull some good numbers and great quality. I own a black star 900 which pulls around 525w for 100o bucks and gave me a good run. Like i said all 3 companies are proven and its really gonna come down to how good of a grower you turn out to be. I know casper said I have much more experience but Ive only been growing for a yr and I jumped in head first and Ive only grown with leds and hydro. But my numerous strains, different hydro systems, perpetual grows, and lack of growing information with leds have forced me to learn very quickly and teach myself to adapt. The best advice I can give you is to read over and over any information you can that Doesn't mean use everything you read but you will have to sift thru all the info and use it to your advantage. I would advise you to go with any of the 3 lights mentioned, stealth grow, mags, or black stars. And i wasn't going to even mention my new purchase until it arrived and start my journal but I just purchased a super closet trinity. I am in the process of finding a new location for my LEDs so in the meantime i wanted to purchase a system that i feel can produce a good yield and I can start to dabble in breeding. So if you want to stick around and watch out for my new journal it will be with my new system. and deff keep watching casper, he is definitely someone who takes pride in growing and his journals are proof that with a little work using LEDs work and work good.

S

Santi

K11ng
I was wondering what light set did u purchase ? Did u pay for the extra LED? Or go with what was standard?

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Yeah man that would work with the Mag+ and 4x4 or same with any of the lights K11NG mentioned.

I actually have never heard anything about the Supercloset, gonna have to do some research now. :)

Yeah Soil is a little more forgiving for new growers, well actually it isn't even soil I use, I guess technically I am doing hydro to because I use promix which is soiless, its mostly peat moss, but a very passive form of hydro.

Play around and don't get down on urself if you first grow doesn't go well, I was lucky and have had great success on all my grows so far but I have friends that had a train wreck of a first grow with 4x Magnums in a 8x4 tent, but they cleaned their tent out and started from scratch and just had a beautiful grow of some Cheese Quake and Jillybean. Just keep at it and pay close attention to ur plants, they will tell you what they like if you really listen.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Whats going on santi glad to hear that your gonna go led. always out to help a fellow grower especially using led technology. As far as what light you should purchase thats entirely up to what you feel comfortable with. My stealth grows are great lights but a little on the pricey side. Ive really seen these mags pull some good numbers and great quality. I own a black star 900 which pulls around 525w for 100o bucks and gave me a good run. Like i said all 3 companies are proven and its really gonna come down to how good of a grower you turn out to be. I know casper said I have much more experience but Ive only been growing for a yr and I jumped in head first and Ive only grown with leds and hydro. But my numerous strains, different hydro systems, perpetual grows, and lack of growing information with leds have forced me to learn very quickly and teach myself to adapt. The best advice I can give you is to read over and over any information you can that Doesn't mean use everything you read but you will have to sift thru all the info and use it to your advantage. I would advise you to go with any of the 3 lights mentioned, stealth grow, mags, or black stars. And i wasn't going to even mention my new purchase until it arrived and start my journal but I just purchased a super closet trinity. I am in the process of finding a new location for my LEDs so in the meantime i wanted to purchase a system that i feel can produce a good yield and I can start to dabble in breeding. So if you want to stick around and watch out for my new journal it will be with my new system. and deff keep watching casper, he is definitely someone who takes pride in growing and his journals are proof that with a little work using LEDs work and work good.

^^^^^ this man knows.

Thanks for the kind words K11NG, always such a classy dude. I thought u had been groing longer then a year, guess since u were running so many different hydro setups I just assumed. Looking forward to that hightimes shot.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Yesterday's update
Day 10 of 12/12
Well looky here, we now have the start of some Bart Simpson heads popping out, not the fun really begins, man I love this part. :)
F101
F102
F103
F104
F105

CAM3RON27

CAM3RON27

hey hows it goin? great post on led grows! i just got an LED grow light today in the mail actually, but i didnt read your post that says not to buy off ebay so i hope what i got will work ok :/ heres a link to the one i got if anyone can check it out and let me know what you think i would appreciate that.

i started all my plants with 8 of the 23w cfl's and just got them under this new LED light today...im hoping i got a decent one, but let me know if its not.

heres a link to my post, i could def use some help if anyone can shoot me some advice! thanks and i look forward to seeing yours finish buddin out!

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/first-time-hydro-grow-cfl-indoor-please-help.48067/

thanks guys, 3RON

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

hey hows it goin? great post on led grows! i just got an LED grow light today in the mail actually, but i didnt read your post that says not to buy off ebay so i hope what i got will work ok :/ heres a link to the one i got if anyone can check it out and let me know what you think i would appreciate that.

i started all my plants with 8 of the 23w cfl's and just got them under this new LED light today...im hoping i got a decent one, but let me know if its not.

heres a link to my post, i could def use some help if anyone can shoot me some advice! thanks and i look forward to seeing yours finish buddin out!

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/first-time-hydro-grow-cfl-indoor-please-help.48067/

thanks guys, 3RON

Hey thanks for popping in and the positive feedback. :)

Yeah I can't really say if that is a decent light or not. I haven't seen anyone running that particular light but hey man, keep the journal going and let's see what it can do.

I don't anticipate you will have issues, I mean you could totally do the entire grow with your CFLs and end up with something. As long as keep your other elements in line(earth, wind water) your fire shouldn't hold you back from getting a crop, just the quality and yield will vary. These plants are pretty resilient. :)

Welcome to LED growing dude.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Day 16 of 12/12

Alright so my Vortex and The Flav are stretching out like crazy. This is something new to me as my old OG Strain that I ran for my first 3 grows had barely any stretch in it. Honestly I don't like the tall stretchy plants nearly as much as I like the more Indica looking ones. Gotta say for the future I think I will likely stay with Qrazy Train and Pandora's Box. They are the shorty stubby style I like working with or at least these phenotypes that I have ended up with.

The Pandora is quite short but it is beautiful with so many natural colas developing and it was also the plant if you look way back to the earlier stages of this thread that was doing just fine while some of the others were struggling. That is likely the plant for me so maybe the next time I do this I will run 2x Pandora's Box and 1x Qrazy Train in 3.3G Smart Pots in a SCROG.

Mind you the decision isn't final considering when these are all done if either Vortex or The Flav end up with some super bud I will wrestle those stretchy bastards into a screen and slave them out haha.

Anyway a look at some puff heads.
F161
F162
F163
F164
F165
F166

CAM3RON27

CAM3RON27

Hey thanks for popping in and the positive feedback. :)

Yeah I can't really say if that is a decent light or not. I haven't seen anyone running that particular light but hey man, keep the journal going and let's see what it can do.

I don't anticipate you will have issues, I mean you could totally do the entire grow with your CFLs and end up with something. As long as keep your other elements in line(earth, wind water) your fire shouldn't hold you back from getting a crop, just the quality and yield will vary. These plants are pretty resilient. :)

Welcome to LED growing dude.

thank you for the feed back man! i will def keep my post goin and giving updates on how this particular light does, they seem to be liking the LED's so far so im sure everything will be fine, but i will just do my best to keep a close watch over everything and hope for the best!

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Day 23 of 12/12

Well look at the sugar, mmmm mmmmmmmmm. This is always my fav time, when it all starts to look edible haha.

Gave them a nice feeding, saw a bit of leaf curling on The Flav but nothing major. They were quite dry so are likely gonna lush up in the next few hours.

Well we are just shy of a third of the way through flower, Pandora is looking like a real keeper.
F231
F232
F233
F234
F235
F236

S

Santi

Morning C
I forget what size tent are you using for flower? And what size do u use for veg? Thanks again bro for keeping us all informed

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Morning C
I forget what size tent are you using for flower? And what size do u use for veg? Thanks again bro for keeping us all informed

I did this entire grow in a 3 x 1.75 x 5.25ft tent since I already had my Kush flowering in my smaller tent but will be using the smaller as a veg tent going forward. The Veg tent is a DR60 ProII which is 2 x 2 x 5.25ft.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Day 32 of 12/12
Well things are moving along, The Flav and Vortex are kinda meh right now, both getting a little burn on the leaves and so stretched that the buds look pretty small but very crystally.
Qrazy Train and Pandora's Box are looking nice and healthy and the buds are looking on track. For sure these are looking like my 2 strains going forward.
Feeding day tomorrow. :)
F321
F322
F323
F324
F325

Latest posts

Top Bottom