Captain's Log: Dispatches from Planet Milson

• Thread starter Milson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
but you dont pick one and trichomes alone will have you cut way early. When a plant is finishing it has a certain overall appearance. In the weakened end stage the plant will build up even more defenses (trichomes and terpenes) to be able to get pollinated before it dies. So if you cut early you miss layers of trichomes that develop late in the plants life.

My mentor waaaaaaaay back in the day... "Grow the leaves off them boy. Why you stopping so soon...?"

I've got two finishing. Their fans are all knarly and eating themselves. But they are still sputter spitting flower. Won't be long...

And what's with this thing I keep seeing about keeping them in total darkness for the last 48 hours? Is that valid or no?

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

I know I’m gonna have to just develop my own feel for this stuff over multiple harvests but I hope I do this one right too in the meanwhile. I like the idea of not checking trichs til I look at her and think she looks ready. I’m slowly realizing my goal is maximum cerebral/meditative effect, so I’ll have to pay close attention to my harvest windows. Maybe even do a few branches per day and use that as a test of sorts.

i was reading one of @MIMedGrower ‘s posts in the summer and it got me thinking. So I cut my outdoor NL’s in stages And I’ll be damned. They change and you really get to know the plant that way. They all smoked different but still none went amber on the plant.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My mentor waaaaaaaay back in the day... "Grow the leaves off them boy. Why you stopping so soon...?"

I've got two finishing. Their fans are all knarly and eating themselves. But they are still sputter spitting flower. Won't be long...

And what's with this thing I keep seeing about keeping them in total darkness for the last 48 hours? Is that valid or no?

well 24 hours gets the excess starch back to the roots and out of the buds. Which should shorten cure time.

and i read a test recently that showed higher thc but lower terpenes as the plant stayed in the dark. But after 3 days started to degrade.

i have not tried. My rooms run perpetually.

sshz

sshz

Just know, you have about a 2 week window for maximum potency........ and if you harvest in the window, you'll be fine. Personally, I look at the plants overall appearance, and towards the end it goes thru subtle chances that signal its time. The biggest mistake people do make is cutting too early, time and again.

I also think it's beneficial to take samples towards the end, I dry small pieces in a food dehydrator. It kills the flavor, but it will give you a chance to sample the buzz.

Last edited:
Terpz719

Terpz719

:) Small world :) Lived in the Quarters, Marigny, Lower GD, and Algiers Point. Mmmmm... PoBoys and I'm hungry. Verde Mart on Royal (?) in the Quarters imo best roast beef poboy in the city AND delivery 24/7. Oh MAN I miss that. So sloppy you had to eat it in the bathtub. I'd give anything to have that city time machine back to the mid 90s. Oh the freaking opulent decadence expressed in 3 day long parties...
Now that's a real deal roast beef poboy!

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Help i was held at gunpoint and forced to order these seeds on a black friday deal I swear!!!! 😂😆😶🙃

Screenshot 20201129 115017

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Honestly my wife is spending 3x what i do on plants and this is all silly bitcoin money. Like yes i could pull it down to cash.....but i don't need to nor want to lol.

what kind of plants is she buying? My fiancée won’t stop with the succulents.

Fudge

Fudge

Help i was held at gunpoint and forced to order these seeds on a black friday deal I swear!!!! 😂😆😶🙃

View attachment 1061748

Extremely jealous right now, not a nice trait I know but Sour bubble has been on my hit list since day dot lol. Im 100% going guerilla to run some regs in the spring.

Must admit though, think Ive got a serious problem myself, just been eyeing up the 3x3 thinking , I could easily make space to turn this into a 3x6. Ive already got 1 huge room with 3 tents in, turned my other spare into a store room/drying room. and have made space on the upstairs passage way to house my seedling/mother tent>

Its taking over my life and my house slowly, and of course, dont get me wrong I love having all the different dankness to smoke.
But its the growing bug thats got me, SO SO MUCH MORE than the smoking bug.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Extremely jealous right now, not a nice trait I know but Sour bubble has been on my hit list since day dot lol. Im 100% going guerilla to run some regs in the spring.

Must admit though, think Ive got a serious problem myself, just been eyeing up the 3x3 thinking , I could easily make space to turn this into a 3x6. Ive already got 1 huge room with 3 tents in, turned my other spare into a store room/drying room. and have made space on the upstairs passage way to house my seedling/mother tent>

Its taking over my life and my house slowly, and of course, dont get me wrong I love having all the different dankness to smoke.
But its the growing bug thats got me, SO SO MUCH MORE than the smoking bug.
It's the growing. For sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom