Caregivers...Get Ready to Register Your Grow Site and Pass Inspection!

• Thread starter canaguy27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

redearth

Landlord signed off. They didnt ask who owns but it was apparent they did homework. They knew history of home(date of occupancy, permits pulled since built) so i assume they knew who owner was. They have his address and notarized signature on file. He has not been contacted.
Yes "Im not afraid" could be famous last words in this biz. Point well taken. But any words at all could be last in this biz as we all know, right? How would you rather feel? You are either living in fear or not, regardless of who might come knocking. I choose not to live being afraid of that knock and I took action I deemed appropriate for myself. The knock came, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I , and many of you, are thinking it might be.
What I meant by "im happy to be able to grow just one plant", was in context of legally being able to cultivate mmj at all as compared to 12 years ago.
Courage necessitated out of stupidity perhaps regarding my "jump in the pool". Many feel and are NOT saying a thing to city. Might prove to be less hassel, but ultimatly would prove more worry for a person like myself.
And NO-I dont have a lawyer. I contacted several regarding this issue,including the prominents, but they wouldnt touch untill laws broken and/or arrest or summons served. The legal advice I did receive was "Tread lightly."

D

DoobyScoo

chickenman;633928Also what about outdoor grow? No electric inspection needed said:
Just wait, they got a crack team of monkeys working around the clock on this one.
'How do we make it impossible to grow a plant outdoors?' State Legislature of Colorado.

Answer:
'You gotta have sharks with fricken lazer beams on their forehead!'
'But we're a landlocked state?'
'Do it, or else!'

G

gettogro

Hey redearth, I was wondering if they gave you a heads up as to when they were coming to do an inspection. Did they call a day or so ahead of time? Just curious, I wouldn't want them to pop in during tree harvest week. That would be bad

R

redearth

I knew it was coming but not when. They came by unannounced. i didnt awnser. inspector left message on door to call and set appointment. I did latter that same day. This way I knew exactly when to expect next visit.

C

canaguy27

The building inspectors etc will not bother with your plant counts or patient paperwork. That is for the police, when/if they come by. It sounds like you are on the up and up. I just hope you live in a place with a decent DA.

You are the first person I know that is going through all of this. I wish you luck.

R

redearth

I am first I know of as well. I will continue to keep all updated here.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Just wait, they got a crack team of monkeys working around the clock on this one.
'How do we make it impossible to grow a plant outdoors?' State Legislature of Colorado.

Answer:
'You gotta have sharks with fricken lazer beams on their forehead!'
'But we're a landlocked state?'
'Do it, or else!'

You crack me up

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

So I take it you told your landlord and he is cool with it? I dont think mine would be down. It is kind of a catch 22 because no one wants you to grow in their house (and most people dont even want you to do it in their barn) and you could get in trouble and loose the house you own if you own a house and are growing in it. Like Dooby said "Get your sharks with lazors in a row who cares if we are land locked.

R

redearth

Yep. Cool as a cucumber landlord for sure. Vietnam vet who put his livelihood on the line for freedom in a way much bigger than I ever have. Believes that I have right to do what I want in my "home" within the law. Even though he owns the structure I live in-he told me it is my family that makes it a home. Very kind person who understands risks associated with what I'm doing. Risks for me and risks for himself and his property.
The "catch 22" you speak of is what they are counting on to thin the numbers I figure.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Damn that is awesome that your landlord is so chill. Did you tell him before you moved in that you would be making mmj or just once you needed the tax ID?

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Also I dont understand how we need a tax ID, and we need to charge tax on meds but we are not allowed to make a profit? Seems like a double standard IMO

R

RMCG

Also I dont understand how we need a tax ID, and we need to charge tax on meds but we are not allowed to make a profit? Seems like a double standard IMO

Agreed. You cannot charge sales tax on a 'service'. You can on materials, but not on the service itself.

R

RMCG

So while we are on the subject, what did he say about the extension cords?

How about running cable not in conduit?

Any sparky want to comment on some no-no's?

My subpanel was installed by an electrician and IS to code, but no permit was pulled.

I ran wiring for my light controller, but its not in conduit.

How about water lines? Can they punch through walls? Or must they come up through the floors?

Any one familiar with the codes?

M

mile hi 420

If you grow in Arvada this is good info http://static.arvada.org/docs/1308086056Ordinance_4270_Medical_Marijuana.pdf

That is a link to city of arvada ordinance 4270. It is very detailed and I kind of like some of the rules and hate others. The main stuff that caught my attention

1. NO MMC's Allowed in arvada hahaha good dont want em dont need em. Arvada encourages patients to follow the constitution and get a caregiver! LOL follow amendment 20 genius

2. Does not limit plant numbers at all just 5 patients or less per caregiver and how much square footage is used to grow medicine. Duhh thats how it should be!!!!

3. You are allowed to grow as patient or caregiver 80 sq ft in your residence with an additional 20 sq ft processing area LOL Unless its in a detached Building then you can have 160 sq ft plus 30 for processing and it says if you send in a request you can add an additional 40 ft of grow space in residence or detached building. Fucking sweet for me since I have detached garage!

3. No processing butane/ ethyl hash oil and NO outdoor garden plants bummmm deal :(,,,,,,,

4. You have to get a city tax license and register a business for profit or not

5. This part sucks: They can come "inspect" anytime if deemed "emergency"

(c) In case of an emergency involving imminent danger to public health,
safety, or welfare, the public inspector may enter any residential structure with the City to conduct an emergency inspection related to the growing, cultivation, or processing of medical marijuana without a warrant and without complying with the requirements of this § 53-43.

Other than that they seem to back up patients caregivers and amendment 20 while being anti dispensary like me! Pretty cool I may have to jump through the hoops???? anybody else gonna do it?:sign0065:

R

RMCG

"(c) In case of an emergency involving imminent danger to public health,
safety, or welfare, the public inspector may enter any residential structure with the City to conduct an emergency inspection related to the growing, cultivation, or processing of medical marijuana without a warrant and without complying with the requirements of this § 53-43."

What the hell is that?

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

So is an adjust a wing reflector ok to use when it comes to the inspection, or not even since the bulb is not enclosed, like cool tube, or other air cool relectors?:wondering

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

If you grow in Arvada this is good info http://static.arvada.org/docs/1308086056Ordinance_4270_Medical_Marijuana.pdf

3. You are allowed to grow as patient or caregiver 80 sq ft in your residence with an additional 20 sq ft processing area LOL Unless its in a detached Building then you can have 160 sq ft plus 30 for processing and it says if you send in a request you can add an additional 40 ft of grow space in residence or detached building. Fucking sweet for me since I have detached garage!

3. No processing butane/ ethyl hash oil and NO outdoor garden plants bummmm deal :(,,,,,,,

4. You have to get a city tax license and register a business for profit or not

5. This part sucks: They can come "inspect" anytime if deemed "emergency"

(c) In case of an emergency involving imminent danger to public health,
safety, or welfare, the public inspector may enter any residential structure with the City to conduct an emergency inspection related to the growing, cultivation, or processing of medical marijuana without a warrant and without complying with the requirements of this § 53-43.
What the fuck ever. Arvada doesn't have the legal right to enforce any of this shit. Telling me how much of an area I can dedicate to growing/processing? Totally unconstitutional. Blow me Arvada! Betcha don't find me. Ever!

Fuckers.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

mile hi 420: Did you read this part?

Sec. 53-27. Payment of fees by applicant for licensed nonconforming use.
(a) Each applicant for a medical marijuana business license pursuant to this Article II shall pay a nonrefundable application fee in the amount of $1500.00 at the time of filing an application for such, to cover the administrative costs of determining legal nonconforming use status and processing the application including, but not limited to, submittal review, building inspections, and background investigations.
(b) Contemporaneous with payment ofthe application fee, each applicant for a medical marijuana business license pursuant to this Article II shall also pay a license fee in the amount of $2500.00, to cover the costs of administration, monitoring, oversight, enforcement, and similar activities related to the regulation of a licensed, nonconforming use otherwise prohibited by this Code. Such fee shall thereafter be due with each application for biennial renewal of any license issued pursuant to this Article II. This fee shall be refunded in the event the application for the initial license is denied, and any subsequent license fee paid as part of an application for renewal of a license shall be refunded in the event such license is not renewed. In the event of a suspension or revocation of a license, or the cessation of a licensed medical marijuana business, no portion ofthe license fee shall be refunded.
(c) Additional fees shall include the following, as applicable:
(l) License renewal application fee: $1500.00;
(2) License renewal application for license expired not more than ninety (90) days: $500.00 (in addition to standard renewal fee);
(3) Transfer of ownership: $750.00;
(4) Modification of premises: $500.00.

Sounds super cool. Would love to pay thousands of dollars to Arvada to have my privacy invaded and my setup scrutinized by pigs so that I can pay taxes growing a plant I'm not allowed to sell for profit.

No thanks.

Top Bottom