Caregivers...Get Ready to Register Your Grow Site and Pass Inspection!

• Thread starter canaguy27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
That comes from the same document so it is damn confusing...

So I guess the way I read it is, under 5 and 30 plants is CDPHE registration which is still confidential and prety much what you do today by naming a caregiver patient relationship on your card and over 5 or over 30 plants is DOR which is public record.

Disclosing your grow location in either case seems to be what they want one way or another.

Tex

M

mendel

this seems to indicate that all caregivers would have to register

I agree, very confusing indeed.

Dorje

Dorje

Stay a patient, get an "edibles" rec, stay under 30, and don't say shit.

G

ganjherbsmoke

They haven't even fucking regulated mmcs yet and they think they can handle this?? What a joke
The only thing I'm lettin them inspect is deez nutzz
Am 20 is all I care about now

A

areUkind

are there any cities/counties that are becoming "no-no's" for legal caregivers?

R

redearth

city of wheat ride

thought you guys might find interesting. This is response I got after emailing city of wheat ridge about legality of public records and about primary caregivers being considered a business.

"Additionally, a primary caregiver is for all intents and purposes under City of Wheat Ridge law, “engaged in business” which is defined in section 22-21. The same applies to any medical or para-medical provider. www.municode.com is where you may view all codified sections of the City’s law.

A further consideration is that the City’s awareness of the location of all business activity allows for better allocation of public safety resources to protect those so engaged. That said, unless tasked from higher levels to do so, this division has no intention of seeking out any primary caregiver activity for enforcement action and instead will rely on the good faith of primary caregivers as law-abiding citizens to comply.
Sales Tax Supervisor
City of Wheat Ridge"

N

NOCO24

Woww that really sucks! my card expires in 3 months might not even get it

O

OneRedCup

A further consideration is that the City’s awareness of the location of all business activity allows for better allocation of public safety resources to protect those so engaged. That said, unless tasked from higher levels to do so, this division has no intention of seeking out any primary caregiver activity for enforcement action and instead will rely on the good faith of primary caregivers as law-abiding citizens to comply.

And there is the great disclaimer. The cities see $$$ and are always happy to find a new source of revenue. But there is nothing to prevent that information from becoming publicly available.

Please think long and hard about disclosing your location to local city governments. And if you decide to register, roll one up and think about it some more. DO NOT DO IT!!

A dr rec and a red card provide all the protection you need under Amendment 20. Your inclusion on the CDPHE database is confidential. Any other records are publicly available under FOIA requests. In other words, your address can be made public. And nothing good can come from that.

Worst case, you could be cited for a zoning violation. I think that is a fair trade-off for maintaining your anonymity in the neighborhood.

YMMV

sky high

sky high

I keep hearing about these "edibles variances/rec's".....but I personally don't think it works that way here. (Cali, yes, but we are not Cali).

Maybe someone can white out their personal/doctor's info and copy/post up a photo of one of these rec forms from the State or a doctor?

I personally think the "variance" folks speak towards is merely your substantial stack of >long-term< medical records that show you need/use more than 3/3. From my understanding of all of this, doctors can only recommend that MMJ might help you, they cannot prescibe any set amount of plants/meds to use or OK cultivation/possession rights above what the constitution offers each individual patient.

Such provisions, IMO, are reserved for the Court if the >patient< can show PROOF that they need more than 3/3.

but just the same, I'd love to see one of these "variance" forms if they exist.

Anyone?

R

redearth

This is follow up message I got a little later in day. I must say-the tone of this communication gave me a bit of hope toward situation. I bet this person is a toker!!!

"I am glad we were able to work through some of the concerns. Please know that if any PCG ever feels a threat to their safety or property their immediate report will be accorded due serious concern. The citizens of Wheat Ridge have spoken in allowing their legislative body to retain medical marijuana as a legal activity in the City and that is given all the weight in the world. Enjoy the week. The sun is coming out to bring all the parks’ beautiful flowers to bloom!"

Sales Tax Supervisor
City of Wheat Ridge

S

SoCoMMJ

I keep hearing about these "edibles variances/rec's".....but I personally don't think it works that way here. (Cali, yes, but we are not Cali)....

Such provisions, IMO, are reserved for the Court if the >patient< can show PROOF that they need more than 3/3.

Legally you are correct. 3/3 gives you an exception to the CO marijuana laws. If you have more than 6 plants or 2oz, then there is high potential to go to a court room and defend yourself against felony cultivation and possession charges. The card does give you an affirmative defense, but it's VERY expensive to execute.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

I keep hearing about these "edibles variances/rec's".....but I personally don't think it works that way here. (Cali, yes, but we are not Cali).

Maybe someone can white out their personal/doctor's info and copy/post up a photo of one of these rec forms from the State or a doctor?

I personally think the "variance" folks speak towards is merely your substantial stack of >long-term< medical records that show you need/use more than 3/3. From my understanding of all of this, doctors can only recommend that MMJ might help you, they cannot prescibe any set amount of plants/meds to use or OK cultivation/possession rights above what the constitution offers each individual patient.

Anyone?
My rec looks just like anybody elses, except in the section marked, "doctors notes" there is an additional sentence that states, "...Patient prefers edibles. Recommend 24 plants/8oz..." I have never put too much faith in it previously. But I'll be damned if I'm going to register my grow, allow inspections, or appear on any radar whatsoever. When my current patients' licenses lapse, I will not re-up them with the new change of caregiver forms that require grow location. I will start farming trees, cloning back instead of keeping moms and maintain my total plant count at 24.

Please pm me if you are somebody that knows of a doctor who will recommend more than 24 plants, thanks.

Dorje

Dorje

Anyone?

Maybe you should read 1284?

In it, they address this issue and legitimize Dr's recs for increased plant count. You may have to defend it in court, but I don't think anyone has been forced to yet... Defending it in court will not be difficult as long as your doctor doesn't admit that he made it all up so you could grow more weed and sell it to your friends.

R

redearth

I see no way for me to continue to make a good living as a caregiver in Colorado. I could scrape by at best from this point on. .
Sad but true. Me to Patients soon-"Free meds but I gotta charge you for doing your grocery shopping and you will have to pay me to clean your house a few times a week. Mayb change some cat boxes."

Colorado Caregivers I-Ching Reading of the day-
“The difficulties you meet will resolve themselves as you advance. Proceed, and light will dawn, and shine with increasing clearness on your path."

I still believe I am doing good and decent work and deeds. The gov cant take that away EVER! ONWARD HO!

B

bobby-o

Just want to say what up coming to out to CO in a few weeks.

Also wanted to add alot of negativity in this thread. I read this thread to get informed but its mostly complaining and whining.

IF your that worried adapt, I plan on moving to either CO or Cali within the next few months just weighing a couple last options. This law in Co is not bad at all definately isnt stopping any new comers who know what they want to do.. Unless there is something Im not seeing idk, but I have read 1284 and then 1043.. If they want you to disclose your grow do that. Grow at 2 spots only identify one which is completely compliant and your good to go.

O

OneRedCup

Just want to say what up coming to out to CO in a few weeks.

Also wanted to add alot of negativity in this thread. I read this thread to get informed but its mostly complaining and whining.

IF your that worried adapt, I plan on moving to either CO or Cali within the next few months just weighing a couple last options. This law in Co is not bad at all definately isnt stopping any new comers who know what they want to do.. Unless there is something Im not seeing idk, but I have read 1284 and then 1043.. If they want you to disclose your grow do that. Grow at 2 spots only identify one which is completely compliant and your good to go.

Skip CO and keep on going to Cali. No need for more douchebags to move here and further fuck up the state of CO. It really is not that difficult to comply with the law. Trees is the key.

true grit

true grit

SH- yeah its just a notation, no extra paper work. AM.20 allowed for medical necessity (to be proven in court) and 1284 locked down docs right to document medical necessity for patients to be in excess of 3/3. At a point it becomes discretion of doctor on numbers, but from what I heard the edible rec number range 24-25 plants is what the state was pretty much cool with on edible rec/med necessity. Which is why when the crack pot money doctors started getting pushed a lil, the 40-50+ plant recs disappeared and common number fell into place for all docs willing to notate med necessity and be compliant.... and fwiw, its not like the doctors writing them don't advertise, again it falls into the- 'there are much bigger fish to fry category...'

Top Bottom