Catdaddy's "heading in a new direction" grow log.

• Thread starter catdaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
catdaddy

catdaddy

All looking nice and healthy catdaddy cant wait to see what they do for you,you definetley will be swimming in dank bro!
thanks, Blazer. hope to have them looking like that Kush Inc you just banged out. wish me luck.

Looking lovely, catdaddy! Hope you're better than well!
LG
Thanks, Lady. hope the same for you as well. as for the ladies, they're looking a better with each day that goes by. this is the first time i've grown in coco with plenty of perlite and didn't realize how fast they'd dry out and required frequent watering everyday, so i got caught slipping this one.
luckily, lately i've been putting that work in, to ensure that they're healthy as possible, before i decide to make the flip.

this is a great thread man lovely work
Hey Tip, welcome to the thread and thanks for the kind words. looking forward to hearing what you think as the thread progress, so please chime in when you get the urge to do so.

catdaddy

catdaddy

Catdaddy do you use bloom boosters like MOAB or Koolbloom, if so using anyone of these the first week of flowering also helps slow down the stretch and induce quick flowering.
Roe, what's good? tbh, my last 2 grows have been mainly just base nutes with just a little bit of bloom boosters, which i didn't use until the last few wks of bloom.

this trip, i plan on hitting them with everything and the kitchen sink to see if supplements are even needed to get a good production/better yield. atm i have liquid and dry kool bloom, floralicious plus, flora blend and protekt that i plan on using throughout this whole cycle. so hoping the new regime will get the trick done this time.

as for the stretch, i hope i get plenty of it. this trip i need them to grow more upwards than outwards.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Shoot I think I might cut it completely in flower I ... I am obsessed with flavorful bud that taste like it smells and over the years I have cut back more on stinky dry amendments and replaced with mild smelling liquid additives for tea

catdaddy

catdaddy

Shoot I think I might cut it completely in flower I ... I am obsessed with flavorful bud that taste like it smells and over the years I have cut back more on stinky dry amendments and replaced with mild smelling liquid additives for tea
yeah, i feel you.
i think after this grow i am going to start my little experiment with organics. when i do, it will be a simple and basic mix than tweak and adjust as i go along.

on another note, i just flipped the OGR, and Bodhi testers along with a couple of others tonight, so day 1 starts tomorrow. will get some more pics up some time this week.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

When the flowers start growing in clusters on top of each other instead of just here and there... For example how many days until buds start forming

catdaddy

catdaddy

ha ha, i kind of figured you were talking about that. tbh, i just let them do there thing. lately i've been feeding them, or try to feed them, accordingly, but this time i might feed them with the veg nutes for the 2wks to get that stretch that i am looking for. i am pretty sure they'll start budding up in 2-3 wks, so not really concerned about that as much as the stretch.

being that i don't have enough plants to fill up the tent, i might throw the Tangerine TrainWreck Haze in there as well. have you or anyone else that reads this, ever flowered a haze hybrid under a 600w?

also, i've been thinking about buying this book, teaming with microbes (revised edition), have you heard of it. if so, what do you think about it?

Patanjali

Patanjali

ha ha, i kind of figured you were talking about that. tbh, i just let them do there thing. lately i've been feeding them, or try to feed them, accordingly, but this time i might feed them with the veg nutes for the 2wks to get that stretch that i am looking for. i am pretty sure they'll start budding up in 2-3 wks, so not really concerned about that as much as the stretch.

being that i don't have enough plants to fill up the tent, i might throw the Tangerine TrainWreck Haze in there as well. have you or anyone else that reads this, ever flowered a haze hybrid under a 600w?

also, i've been thinking about buying this book, teaming with microbes (revised edition), have you heard of it. if so, what do you think about it?
Hey CD! Plants are looking spectacular as always! I've read teaming with microbes, and I picked up a lot of good info. I would recommend reading it. In fact, it's on my library list to rent again.

I've flowered a couple of haze hybrids under 600w. Then again, I've only flowered them under a 600. Is there a reason not to?

When I was using bottle nutes I usually run the veg nutes over into flower for about a week or so. I also like the Alfalfa, I use it in my soil mixes, and in my teas.

;)

Shamus

Shamus

Teeming with microbes is a moderately bad ass book. Def one to skim thu in the least. also KILLER show man definitely going in the right direction. im tagged along for thE ride
Also I love using MOAB @ the end of week 1. Def does help things gets a stackins IMO. lol. I think how much nitrogen HOW FAR into flower depends on sativa vs. Indica. Sativas seem to like veg nutes a BIT into flower for some reason.

catdaddy

catdaddy

Hey CD! Plants are looking spectacular as always! I've read teaming with microbes, and I picked up a lot of good info. I would recommend reading it. In fact, it's on my library list to rent again. I've flowered a couple of haze hybrids under 600w. Then again, I've only flowered them under a 600. Is there a reason not to?

When I was using bottle nutes I usually run the veg nutes over into flower for about a week or so. I also like the Alfalfa, I use it in my soil mixes, and in my teas.

;)
P, thanks for the response man. i really appreciate it.
from what i've read, haze or very sat dom plants doesn't mature as fast or take longer to finish under a 600w; it was said it's best to flower under a 1k.
if you don't mind me asking, what size pot did you flower them in? mines is in a one gal air pot, but not too sure if i should up pot or just leave it.

being that you gave your recommendation, i am definitely going to pick the book up. does it teaches you how to grow organic from scratch or is it something for people that already have a general idea on how to farm organic?

Teeming with microbes is a moderately bad ass book. Def one to skim thu in the least. also KILLER show man definitely going in the right direction. im tagged along for thE ride
SM, thanks for chiming in and welcome to the thread.
glad to hear you recommend this book as well, because you do some serious gardening man. definitely looking forward to the rest of your show, and looking forward to seeing you do Ink's gear, along with the rest some, real justice.

Wbwidow

Wbwidow

yeah, i feel you.
i think after this grow i am going to start my little experiment with organics. when i do, it will be a simple and basic mix than tweak and adjust as i go along.

on another note, i just flipped the OGR, and Bodhi testers along with a couple of others tonight, so day 1 starts tomorrow. will get some more pics up some time this week.
This cat! What the hell you be reading my mind or some shit?
I just pmed you about organics and here you go talking about you want to expirement lmao.. I want to try my hand at it as well and see what's all the fuss about. But I have not noticed a difference in what people say is grown organically.

Patanjali

Patanjali

P, thanks for the response man. i really appreciate it.
from what i've read, haze or very sat dom plants doesn't mature as fast or take longer to finish under a 600w; it was said it's best to flower under a 1k.
if you don't mind me asking, what size pot did you flower them in? mines is in a one gal air pot, but not too sure if i should up pot or just leave it.

being that you gave your recommendation, i am definitely going to pick the book up. does it teaches you how to grow organic from scratch or is it something for people that already have a general idea on how to farm organic?
Hmmm... well, that makes sense. Both of them did take a lot longer to flower then the breeder specified. I had mine in 10 gallon pots - I am the Lorax, and I speak for the Trees! :) I am also growing organically with little to no bottle nutes.

Now, I could be completely off base, but doesn't Moab have something in it that you are not suppose to use on your plants? I could be totally over medicated and incorrect.

And Widow, I can tell the difference in the organically grown. A friend and I often grow the same strains and he's using straight tiger bloom through flower. :yuck: Not nearly as sweet smelling and tasting as mine (but maybe I'm just biased). :)

Teaming with Microbes - Is the starting point for growing organically. It talks about the soil food web which I think is really important.

catdaddy

catdaddy

This cat! What the hell you be reading my mind or some shit?
I just pmed you about organics and here you go talking about you want to expirement lmao.. I want to try my hand at it as well and see what's all the fuss about. But I have not noticed a difference in what people say is grown organically.
haha, yeah, you know they say great minds think alike. yeah, definitely want to give it a go. from what i've seen from organics, plants just look better i.e. resin production and from what others say, taste and smell.
i also like the fact that if you build your soil up, all you have to worry about is just watering.

i hear you on the difference as far as potency wise, the dude at the hydro store said the same thing. however, i wouldn't feel like a complete grower unless i try and succeed at it. from there, i plan on moving on to hydro.

Hmmm... well, that makes sense. Both of them did take a lot longer to flower then the breeder specified. I had mine in 10 gallon pots - I am the Lorax, and I speak for the Trees! :) I am also growing organically with little to no bottle nutes.

Now, I could be completely off base, but doesn't Moab have something in it that you are not suppose to use on your plants? I could be totally over medicated and incorrect.

And Widow, I can tell the difference in the organically grown. A friend and I often grow the same strains and he's using straight tiger bloom through flower. :yuck: Not nearly as sweet smelling and tasting as mine (but maybe I'm just biased). :)
yeah, that what i was afraid of. with this grow, the most i have is 10 wks and i don't want to push it any longer than that. i will just wait until i can start things back at the other location. hopefully, this girl don't grow all crazy on me while i patiently wait to get back there.

Wbwidow

Wbwidow

Technically you are hydro just hand feeding. I would think the only difference is that but I feel you can fit more plants in pots using coco.

Top Bottom