Catdaddy's "heading in a new direction" grow log.

• Thread starter catdaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soserthc1

soserthc1

Damn I wish I had friends like you guys do, trade plants and give plants to the homie to flower just to see how they look when you can get to them,shit I'm jealous LOL:). I tried that before and had to move to another city.
Less than 1% of all mail is ever checked ..... way to busy for that bro, unless your down right dumb in the way you ship , not that i'm advocating breaking any laws ... just saying .... but thanks for the laugh was funny shit.....

soserthc1

soserthc1

6 of 7 planted on Ghost...Train.... haze # 1 .....1 in towel still 48 hrs .....
IMG 20130402 02387

catdaddy

catdaddy

Damn I wish I had friends like you guys do, trade plants and give plants to the homie to flower just to see how they look when you can get to them,shit I'm jealous LOL:). I tried that before and had to move to another city.

lmoa..... had to move to another city ...... classic

no disrespect, but A, i had to laugh at this one myself.
stick around, hopefully someone will show you how it's done.

6 of 7 planted on Ghost...Train.... haze # 1 .....1 in towel still 48 hrs .....View attachment 302999
shit, you got me feeling like i'm slipping. no excuse on my behalf, but been having a tough time trying to figure out the new line up.

being that the Star Dawgs are having germ issues, i might have to drop something from the list of beans that i initially intended on starting to finish out the rest of the beans i have left of them. so basically i am going to pop the rest of the star dawgs (to provide more evidence on the lack of vigor in these seeds), Blue Power and Valley Dawg for now.

be on the lookout in the next few days for pics and germ reports from each line.

catdaddy

catdaddy

weekly up date.
girls are starting to whip back in shape. all except the TTH are due to hit the 12/12 in the next 7-10 days, so hopefully they're at 100% heatlh by then..
ORG mysteries
IMG 5720   Copy
IMG 5721   Copy
IMG 5722   Copy

IMG 5723   Copy
IMG 5724   Copy
IMG 5725   Copy

IMG 5726   Copy
IMG 5727   Copy
IMG 5728   Copy

Group shot of the 3 little Rascals
IMG 5731   Copy

TTH
IMG 5732   Copy
IMG 5733   Copy
IMG 5736   Copy

catdaddy

catdaddy

after you water are your containers dripping and puddle quick or i am just try to imagine how much water goes through those cant wait to see a rootball pic of a harvested plant in one of those are they root maker brand?
Caveman, if that was the case, i would have been trashed. lol. tbh, these have been the best pots i've used and have completely switched over to them.

And then there were 7 Ghost train haze # 1 (7) germed ........ 7/7 yea......View attachment 303609
nice, got to love a perfect germ rate. gl and definitely looking forward to see what comes from them.
I must ask is it (OGr) a mystery strain as in something new your testing or just something your not saying ...... ?
i had germed them at the same time and when they popped, i didn't mark the cups or tagged them. so until they're flowered out, i just labeled them as a mystery for now.

catdaddy

catdaddy

Ilike those containers have you ever tried rootmakers they are similar but different?
tbh, i've never heard of them, but will give them a look now that you mentioned them.

as promised, here's some new editions to the stable- Blue Power, Star Dawgs and Valley Dawgs.

Blue Power- went 7/8 on these.
IMG 5939   Copy

Valley Dawg- 3/3.
IMG 5941   Copy

Star Dawg- 7/14 but only 6 left. mistakenly took the head off while trying to take the shell.
IMG 5942   Copy

619ster

619ster

Damn that Tangerine is gonna be a beast!!! I wonder if anything else you're running will keep up with her stretch? Might just have to throw her in ASAP, and veg the rest for a few days so she doesn't leave everything in the dust during stretch. Of course various sized boxes and buckets help out in that department as well lol.

catdaddy

catdaddy

Damn that Tangerine is gonna be a beast!!! I wonder if anything else you're running will keep up with her stretch? Might just have to throw her in ASAP, and veg the rest for a few days so she doesn't leave everything in the dust during stretch. Of course various sized boxes and buckets help out in that department as well lol.
yeah, don't know how this one is going to play out. she's only in a one gal, while the rest are in 3 gal and she's just a big as they are.
are you familiar with flowering sat dom plants? if so, do you think i should keep her in the one gal until her stretch is over? right before i flip her?

619ster

619ster

Well if you've grown OG's, then you're pretty familiar with the capabilities of Sativa growth. The way I keep them from stretching is by feeding low ppm's during first 3 weeks of flower, and feeding ONLY when medium has dried (not til the plants wilting, but just when the weight of the pot lets you know it's dry). Once stretch is over and growth is focused on buds you can start hitting with normal nute dosage and boosters if you use them. I see you supercrop as is, so that is also a VERY handy tool for those stretchy vigorous tops. I think upcanning will actually encourage more outward branching so you should be good with an upcan. But keep them tops supercropped, and tie down even if you must. If you focus on keeping the tops from outgrowing everything, the lower branches will get more auxins (hormones) and encourage them to catch up to the tops, while the tops get less auxins and stretch less.

catdaddy

catdaddy

just a little update showing what they look like after being lollipopped and slightly defoliated. right now, they're receiving 700 ppms on a daily basis and have took off since i placed them on this current feeding schedule. a
ll accept the Tangerine TrainWreck Haze are moving to the next stage mid next wk, so stay tuned.

IMG 6000   Copy
IMG 6001   Copy
IMG 6003   Copy
IMG 6004   Copy

2#
IMG 6005   Copy
IMG 6006   Copy
IMG 6007   Copy
IMG 6008   Copy

#3- my favorite of the three thus far
IMG 6011   Copy
IMG 6015   Copy