Chemistry's persoanl grow.

• Thread starter chemistry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
chemistry

chemistry

I had some belgium pints really strong or high content, some as high as 7.5 % Cheers! Nice views.

Bit high for me these days, I'd be hung over in the morning. But, the beers in the 4.5 range are bang on. 👍 You got your diary up yet SS.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Yea, I got a "decent" 4 seedling pop, which look like Indica cannabis plants. Titled: Bagseed grow 1st. time in Coco check it out, I knew an attendant who flew Europe and would bring me bottles home. Cheers, drop on by, pic's are up. Need distilled water.

chemistry

chemistry

Good morning tokers and growers, all is well at this end, hope its the same at your end. All three plants are doing fine, the Shishkaberry is growing into the empty space, vacated by the Tangerine Kush male, would suit me if it filled the empty spot. 🙂 Shishkaberry is the biggest, stoutist plant of the 3, followed by the Franco's Lemon Cheese, and the smallest is the White Widow, all have just finished week 2 of flower and starting week 3 this morning. 😎 Thought I saw a mite attack on one leaf, but not seen anything since I ripped and burned that leaf, I assume they are still there, lurking, just out of sight, which suits me fine, because it only pisses me off if I can see them. 😁 Other than that, I'm on cruise control, orange pic time, grab your shades. 😎

Franco's Lemon Cheese.
Francos Lemon Cheese f2 a

Shishkaberry.
Shishkaberry f2 c

Shishkaberry f2 a

White Widow.
White Widow f2 a

White Widow f2 b

Group shot.
Group Shot a

This is the ice hash from last week, left is the lower grade from the larger mesh bags, and the black looking lump that's had the most attention, is the finer mesh haul, I'll leave you to work out which is the better toke. lol Was just over half an ounce on the scales, was probably a lot more, but testing took place before the final weigh in. lol
DSC00231 2

And that's where we are at the minute, got another beer kit to start when I get time today, a Porter, don't think I've had a pint of this before, a new one on me. I'll get the 5 gallons of water boiled and sterilise all the implements, ready for a brew up this afternoon. And that's me all updated, time to start the weekend, so keep tokin folks, see you next week. 👍

Last edited:
SSgrower

SSgrower

I want to "brew" my own beer, and enjoy many micro-brewery beers like Tiki Wheat from Galveston,Tx. So 5 gallon water boil 1st. off?

chemistry

chemistry

I want to "brew" my own beer, and enjoy many micro-brewery beers like Tiki Wheat from Galveston,Tx. So 5 gallon water boil 1st. off?

I love a beer and a bud, and with so many beers and ales, both world wide and local breweries to go at, would be rude not to try them all. lol

SSgrower

SSgrower

Yea, some people say they can't toke & drink, but I am fine with beer and prefer to do both when I indulge. I'll check into those kits and give it a go mate.

chemistry

chemistry

Yea, some people say they can't toke & drink, but I am fine with beer and prefer to do both when I indulge. I'll check into those kits and give it a go mate.

Most of the time I only drink the one pint, as I tend to toke in the evening, I get bored with the same old tea/coffee or soft drinks, and none of the latter really quench my thirst, but a standby beer does, tried some larger kits, but they were to fizzy, and they went flat really fast.

Madmax

Madmax

Im keen to see one of your kits in action chem.just like a small vid .where i am is the biggest hop kiln in the southern hemisphere.they are bout halfway through the hop harvest.has a huuge drying area at the top .once dried it drops to the floor below and gets pressed and bagged ready to b shipped around the world.i think theres like half a hop to a stubbie.

chemistry

chemistry

I brew in a five gallon food grade bucket, with a bubbler on the lid, then just transfer the beer to bottles when its finished fermentation, easy to brew a good drinkable beer these days Max, get your self a St Peters beer kit if can track one down, they are the easiest I've come across, they've made it so easy brew. Some were on my grow diary is a vid of the foam from the beer shooting out of the air lock, it was up the wall, even hit the ceiling. lol I've just bought another kit, should be here soon, I'll try and get you a vid, but to be honest, its easy brewing beer these days. Just be organised and you have it made. Have a look at some kits in your area, you'll be surprised how many there are once you start to look.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
so keeping all the holes well maintained, and making sure the water is protected from sunlight is really helpful, correct? are you promoting microbial growth within the setup at all?

Madmax

Madmax

I brew in a five gallon food grade bucket, with a bubbler on the lid, then just transfer the beer to bottles when its finished fermentation, easy to brew a good drinkable beer these days Max, get your self a St Peters beer kit if can track one down, they are the easiest I've come across, they've made it so easy brew. Some were on my grow diary is a vid of the foam from the beer shooting out of the air lock, it was up the wall, even hit the ceiling. lol I've just bought another kit, should be here soon, I'll try and get you a vid, but to be honest, its easy brewing beer these days. Just be organised and you have it made. Have a look at some kits in your area, you'll be surprised how many there are once you start to look.
Man we ard soo spoilt here on beer products..its a nation full of pissheads ha..not far from me is the oldest pub in aust..piss...piss everywhere 🤣

chemistry

chemistry

so keeping all the holes well maintained, and making sure the water is protected from sunlight is really helpful, correct? are you promoting microbial growth within the setup at all?

Let the spent gasses out, via the S bend water tube, and to stop bugs and moulds getting back to your beer, an S bend water barrier.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Let the spent gasses out, via the S bend water tube, and to stop bugs and moulds getting back to your beer, an S bend water barrier.
I'm talking about your hydro setup, actually, not the beer. I used to enjoy brewing, but I don't drink anymore, but I might consider doing it for the C02, actually. It's genius. Back to hydro, Are you using a sterile technique, or are you using organisms, and if so, which ones. Or have you tried adapting some bacterial nitrification techniques/mycorrhizae fungi in your media with hydroponics?

chemistry

chemistry

I'm talking about your hydro setup, actually, not the beer. I used to enjoy brewing, but I don't drink anymore, but I might consider doing it for the C02, actually. It's genius. Back to hydro, Are you using a sterile technique, or are you using organisms, and if so, which ones. Or have you tried adapting some bacterial nitrification techniques/mycorrhizae fungi in your media with hydroponics?

I'm not really as hydro as I look, its run to waste, the reason for the pots is so I can remove males or runts, and amend feed slightly for each plant, say if one needs a bit of calmag, while the others don't, I can trickle a bit in the pot. The medium I chose to surround the plants is purely because its easy to work with, and clean, and no hills of compost in the garden for prying eyes. Enzymes (Cannazyme) keep the medium right. So I'm operating a run to waste setup, with a plug hole at one end for the waste to escape, and because it's run to waste, no salt build up. 👍 Only downside as most folk will tell you is the single use of nuits, can be expensive, other than the expense, the method works for me.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
One thing I forgot to mention was my extractor fan (RAM), when I was cleaning it I noticed stress cracks on the motor housing, they were not there when I cleaned it last run, these have happened since I started my last run 4 months ago, so beware people, make proper checks on your equipment before you start a run.
View attachment 992177

View attachment 992178

So when you finish your latest run, just blow out the top of your fans and have a look, this was covered in dust as it's on the extraction side of the fan, I noticed it when I used the airline to blow out the dust. Stay frosty people. 😉
One thing I do with anything like this is I use aviation spec electrical sprays on them. I don't know how your thing died, but corrosionX can prevent a lot of failures IMO. It's hydrophobic, so it keeps all the moisture at bay while promoting good lubrication, but I never spray it anywhere near the plants, I always take stuff down, disassemble and spray, then reassemble. But I hit everything with this shit, my LED lights and drivers, my electrical terminals, pumps, switches, anything. Even my powerstrips get hit with this stuff, then gently wiped down afterwards.

Fans are expensive, and maintenance is a huge part of keeping things running over the long haul. Cleaning out the dust, re-balancing the blades, keeping out the moisture. All things that extend life of our electronics. I'm sure your on top of it, but I thought I would endorse this product, because it's such a great thing to have around. I even use it on my delicate done engines, it's that good.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I'm not really as hydro as I look, its run to waste, the reason for the pots is so I can remove males or runts, and amend feed slightly for each plant, say if one needs a bit of calmag, while the others don't, I can trickle a bit in the pot. The medium I chose to surround the plants is purely because its easy to work with, and clean, and no hills of compost in the garden for prying eyes. Enzymes (Cannazyme) keep the medium right. So I'm operating a run to waste setup, with a plug hole at one end for the waste to escape, and because it's run to waste, no salt build up. 👍 Only downside as most folk will tell you is the single use of nuits, can be expensive, other than the expense, the method works for me.

Sounds like it's being operated more like a flood table than a true hydro setup, is that a fair assumption? Also sounds like you've got a fair amount of microorganims going on also, so likely some nitrification taking place.

I know I'm promoting a lot of microorganism here in this setup, so I know that comes with some risk in hydro, so I'm trying to get a grasp on what the drawbacks are going to be, and how to mitigate any problems that will eventually arise from this technique. I got a feeling "too many" microorganisms is quite possibly an issue. For me, expensive fert is not much of a problem, I don't mind a little added cost, if the end product justifies it.

chemistry

chemistry

One thing I do with anything like this is I use aviation spec electrical sprays on them. I don't know how your thing died, but corrosionX can prevent a lot of failures IMO. It's hydrophobic, so it keeps all the moisture at bay while promoting good lubrication, but I never spray it anywhere near the plants, I always take stuff down, disassemble and spray, then reassemble. But I hit everything with this shit, my LED lights and drivers, my electrical terminals, pumps, switches, anything. Even my powerstrips get hit with this stuff, then gently wiped down afterwards.

Fans are expensive, and maintenance is a huge part of keeping things running over the long haul. Cleaning out the dust, re-balancing the blades, keeping out the moisture. All things that extend life of our electronics. I'm sure your on top of it, but I thought I would endorse this product, because it's such a great thing to have around. I even use it on my delicate done engines, it's that good.

It was about four and a half years old, think the heat from the HID broke down the plastic, but I've had my money's worth out of it, as when I ran it just in flower, it was on for 3 years solid of 12/12. lol Got a metal design this time.

chemistry

chemistry

Sounds like it's being operated more like a flood table than a true hydro setup, is that a fair assumption? Also sounds like you've got a fair amount of microorganims going on also, so likely some nitrification taking place.

I know I'm promoting a lot of microorganism here in this setup, so I know that comes with some risk in hydro, so I'm trying to get a grasp on what the drawbacks are going to be, and how to mitigate any problems that will eventually arise from this technique. I got a feeling "too many" microorganisms is quite possibly an issue. For me, expensive fert is not much of a problem, I don't mind a little added cost, if the end product justifies it.

Have a quick read on the Canna site, Cannazyme is what I use, there are other brands of enzyme, I use the Canna range because I find them stable, and the measuring bottle tops are top tech for any stoner. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom