Chemistry's persoanl grow.

• Thread starter chemistry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
SSgrower

SSgrower

Chemistry is mean to his plants "burn em in the Hood", ect. Just kidding, I've seen a coldpress before but a long time ago, thanks for the views,Cheers!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Love it, can't wait for Summer, you going outdoors with your auto's this year.
Just a couple , still frowned upon here . Lol

Prolly throw out some photos late June , my flowering season runs thru nov. and summers are very wet so gonna throw out some dragon flames gear , seems to do well with rain and pm resistant

chemistry

chemistry

Just a couple , still frowned upon here . Lol

Prolly throw out some photos late June , my flowering season runs thru nov. and summers are very wet so gonna throw out some dragon flames gear , seems to do well with rain and pm resistant

Frowned upon here too, if you say nothing and keep it to your self and keep it out of sight, then they leave you to it, it's a spiritual thing here rather than law, if you get me. 🙏 Was it your thread from last year, the auto thread, can't find the thread to look it up, if you can resurrect it I'll post mine every week as it progresses, very informative thread, there was a lot of interest in it. 👍

SSgrower

SSgrower

Ok Chemistry, yesterday still no flowers I can see blooming as of 11 days? I am looking for a hidden bay area to dump mine for an outside finish if I need to in the coastal bend here.

20210411 064926
chemistry

chemistry

Ok Chemistry, yesterday still no flowers I can see blooming as of 11 days? I am looking for a hidden bay area to dump mine for an outside finish if I need to in the coastal bend here.

Are you on a 12/12 light for flower? Would have thought you'd have seen some sort of change by now.

chemistry

chemistry

Yo tokers and growers, hope your warmer than us this week. 🥶 Been a rough week weather wise, hard frost, hail, ice cold winds, so nothing to report on the ouddoor Auto, its not put in an appearance yet, so maybe the frost got it, or it may pop next week if the weather picks up, got a spare just in case, I'll plant the spare next month if the Gellatoo expires. 🙂 Got some burn coming through on two plants, from when the PPM meter went awal, always seems to show its self a week later. So the White Widow is showing burnt tips, as is the Franco's Lemon Cheese down one side, the fan side, the other side of the cola is fine, as is the rest of the plant. The Shishkaberry is fine, seemed to like the overdose and is acting like its had a booster. lol The thing that surprises me is the White Widow is hit the worst, you'd think it being a good strong indica that it would have gobbled up the extra nuits, but it didn't? Anyway, its not the end of the world, just finished week 6 of flower, so I don't think the grow will burst into flames and leave me with ash, or at least I hope not. 😁 I've not doubt the cold weather has a bit to do with the plants up and downness, at it's not long before the cold air is sucked in and blown over your plants, and god forbid, even if you slightly open a window to let in some fresh air, it seems to find your grow. 😁 Who would want to live in a temperate zone. lol Apart from these mini problems, I'm on my way to a nice harvest. Looking forward to a toke on the Shishkaberry, not had a toke of this before, looks very Sticky Fingers in it shape, so I expect it to be a similar smoke and hit, can't say any thing about the taste until its down and cured, one I'm looking forward to. Right, time for some orange pics. 🙂

White Widow, you can see the burning. 😡
White Widow f6a

Shiskaberry. Looking nothing like the White Widow.
Shishkaberry f6a

Franco's Lemon Cheese.
Francos Lemon Cheese f6a

Francos Lemon Cheese f6b

Francos Lemon Cheese f6c

Francos Lemon Cheese f6d

If you look at the pic, you can see mites chompings on the leaves near the buds, they normally stay on the bottom leaves of the plants out of the way, but after these plants burnt, the mites moved up, why? Can't be hotter at the bottom of plant than the top, so why? I'm hoping that budding young scientist, 🤓 looking in can see a weakness in the mite behaviour, and exploit this, to the mites demise, or better, doom. Took these the other morning, wasn't going to post them, but there seems to be as many garderners as there are growers on the Farm.🙂

First one is my coldframe, living up to it's name at the minute.
Frozen Glass

There's a ten degree difference in temps inside the coldframe, which if it's freezing outide the frame, then the ten degrees higher saves the seeds/seedlings. Out doors.
DSC00083

In the frame. 😎
DSC00085

This is the water bucket I put out to air off the chlorine, it sits for 24 hours and then it's is fit to use on seedling, be warned, if you don't air it off, your seedlings will suffer, as the chlorine burns them a little, not enough to kill them, but it holds them back to a point where they stall, older plants don't seem to suffer.👍
Water Bucket

If you look at the pic above, you can see where I broke the ice up the day before, its not ice lolly weather here. 😁 Bottom pics show how hard this Spring has been up till now, never known Tulips to freeze.
DSC00104

DSC00105

We had a hard frost just as it got dark, then it hailed, and it all stuck to the leaves. Some one tell me what global warming is again? It aint here. lol I have a small collection of Primula's, I keep them for my partner, she loves them, looked stunning this year, until the cold blast arrived. 🤬 Ah well, Summer's on its way.
DSC00106

And that as they say is that, for this week, all updated, still not brewed another beer kit, don't know about every one else, but with this cold weather, I get home, shower, some thing to eat, some thing to smoke, and bang, the heat in the house knocks me out. lol So people, keep warm, stay safe, and keep tokin, see you next week. 👍

Last edited:
chemistry

chemistry

Hey tokers and growers, hope your all well, it's Saturday, again, only seems like a couple of days since I did last weeks post. 🙂 That's week seven behind us, one more week of flower to go, then it will be flush time, don't know what's up next seed wise, as it's a busy time of the year for me, twice this week I've been absent from the Farm in the evening, I sat down, had a bowl, then fell asleep, and woke up to a blank screen, in the dark, twice. lol That aside, things are good. One thing of note, is the bleaching on the tips of both cola's that are in, or nearly in the hood. 😁 I've never smoked a bowl of bleached tips, so cant comment on the smoke, but have read a bit online about it, but the info is shady, so here is my chance to see what all the fuss is about, I don't expect to be blown away, but you never know, next run I may be growing only blonde cola's. lol We still have the hard frosts at night, so the Auto is seriously slow growing, had it out the coldframe on the few sunny days we've had, but it's crawling. I think the Gorilla Glue Auto I grew outdoors was the same last year, really slow to start, but once it produced a couple of leaves to rake some energy from the sun, it was off, just need some sun. 😎
Orange pics time.

White Widow, week seven of flower gone. Got some fade amongst the burning.
White Widow f7a

Shishkaberry, been an easy plant to grow, but does it taste of berries. lol
Shishkaberry f7a

Shishkaberry f7b

Franco's Lemon Cheese.
Francos Lemon Cheese f7a

The Icurus cola, a bit frazzed, bit blonde in places, but still going, ran out of height, so it will just have to tan for the next week. lol
Francos Lemon Cheese f7b

Gellato Auto, outdoor. Doing ok, could do with a break in the cold weather, last years Gorilla Glue did ok, so I've no doubt this one will produce some thing. 🙂
A1a

A1b

A1c

Took this early this morning, does this class as day one, or do I wait until it's upright. lol 🙂
A1d

Was walking around the garden the other day, we have a small wildlife pond, mainly for watering the wild birds and local small mammals (wildlife) when I saw this, Frog spawn, also saw a couple of Newts, it shoud hatch this week some time, a good sign of healthy land if you have a full eco system, love it. 🙂
Frog Spawn 2021

And that about sums up this weeks update, still not got round to doing the Milk Stout, but, I've had another delivery through the post, another ale, going to get it fired up later if time prevails, will post you the pic next week. The Honey Porter Ale was introduced to a pint glass yesterday evening, and I have to say, it's different, not sure about the honey, but the porter is a nice beer, saw another kit online, wild berry porter? You may see one appear on an update in the future. lol Will the Icurus cola catch fire, can the Gellato grow a couple of leafs, will I stay awake every evening this week, tune in next week to find out. 😁 Keep toking folks. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, hope your all fine on this first day of May, last month of Spring, before a hopefully sunny Summer. 😎 Week 8 has arrived, the plants are starting to fade, those golden yellows splashed with reds and purples, love it. So this week will see me start my flush, don't think it needs a big one, as most of the stored energy has been burnt up in the fan leaves, and used by the plant to finish, should be chopping by the end of next week, it has been frosty cold the last couple of weeks here, so I expect to be a week behind, coupled with the burn when the testing meters went down. 🤨 Apart from those two minor set backs, we are on course. 🙂 I've lost a bit off the tip of the Franco's Lemon Cheese, as it keeps tapping the bulb on my HPS, and it's dried and fallen off. lol It's still a big cola, and the whole plant should make two gallons of bud, should, we'll see. 🙂 The White Widow looks a bit shabby at the minute, but I'm sure it will still get me stoned, and with a trim it should look the business. 🙂 The Shishkaberry is a really easy plant to grow, didn't suffer the same as the other two strains when the meters went off, real stable plant, wonder what it tastes like, and hits like. lol One I wouldn't hesitate to grow again grow wise, hit wise, another wait and see job. lol It has bee really cold for the Gelato Auto, produce not new growth this week, and I can't blame it, it's been dark, frosty, hail stones, its had the lot, but its still ticking over, two more weeks and we should see some decent sunshine, will the Gelato survive that long? Seem quite tough outdoor auto's, so cope well with big temperature and humidity swings, or at least last years did, maybe this one won't? But it's hanging in there. 😁 Orange pic time.

White Widow. Heading into flush today.
White Widow f8a

White Widow f8b

Shishkaberry.
Shishkaberry f8a

Shishkaberry f8b

Franco's Lemon Cheese.
Francos Lemon Cheese f8a

Francos Lemon Cheese f8b

Francos Lemon Cheese f8c

Gelato Auto outdoor, this pic is from day two, now day seven, its been cold. 🥶
Gellato Auto d2

Got another beer kit going, a lot of these Norfolk beers around, they must be professional pissheads. lol
DSC00181

Also, a pint of the Honey Porter, real dark beer, if you hold it up to the light, nothing shines through, really dark. You can taste the honey quite strongly, don't know if I'm a fan or not, but I'm still testing. lol
Honey Porter

And that is all I have for you this week. One thing, if anyone is waiting for a reply to their topic, I'm having problems replying to folks topics, as all I'm getting is member names on the topics and no date stamps to reply to, even this topic I had to go to page one a navigate to the end, so if I'm in the middle of helping you, sorry I can't navigate to your comments only your profile, so if I'm a little absent, you know why. All that remains for me to say is, stay lucky, and keep tokin folks. 👍

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Morning tokers and growers, hope your all fine on this first day of May, last month of Spring, before a hopefully sunny Summer. 😎 Week 8 has arrived, the plants are starting to fade, those golden yellows splashed with reds and purples, love it. So this week will see me start my flush, don't think it needs a big one, as most of the stored energy has been burnt up in the fan leaves, and used by the plant to finish, should be chopping by the end of next week, it has been frosty cold the last couple of weeks here, so I expect to be a week behind, coupled with the burn when the testing meters went down. 🤨 Apart from those two minor set backs, we are on course. 🙂 I've lost a bit off the tip of the Franco's Lemon Cheese, as it keeps tapping the bulb on my HPS, and it's dried and fallen off. lol It's still a big cola, and the whole plant should make two gallons of bud, should, we'll see. 🙂 The White Widow looks a bit shabby at the minute, but I'm sure it will still get me stoned, and with a trim it should look the business. 🙂 The Shishkaberry is a really easy plant to grow, didn't suffer the same as the other two strains when the meters went off, real stable plant, wonder what it tastes like, and hits like. lol One I wouldn't hesitate to grow again grow wise, hit wise, another wait and see job. lol It has bee really cold for the Gelato Auto, produce not new growth this week, and I can't blame it, it's been dark, frosty, hail stones, its had the lot, but its still ticking over, two more weeks and we should see some decent sunshine, will the Gelato survive that long? Seem quite tough outdoor auto's, so cope well with big temperature and humidity swings, or at least last years did, maybe this one won't? But it's hanging in there. 😁 Orange pic time.

White Widow. Heading into flush today.
View attachment 1119396

View attachment 1119397

Shishkaberry.
View attachment 1119398

View attachment 1119400

Franco's Lemon Cheese.
View attachment 1119405

View attachment 1119403

View attachment 1119404

Gelato Auto outdoor, this pic is from day two, now day seven, its been cold. 🥶
View attachment 1119406

Got another beer kit going, a lot of these Norfolk beers around, they must be professional pissheads. lol
View attachment 1119408

Also, a pint of the Honey Porter, real dark beer, if you hold it up to the light, nothing shines through, really dark. You can taste the honey quite strongly, don't know if I'm a fan or not, but I'm still testing. lol
View attachment 1119409

And that is all I have for you this week. One thing, if anyone is waiting for a reply to their topic, I'm having problems replying to folks topics, as all I'm getting is member names on the topics and no date stamps to reply to, even this topic I had to go to page one a navigate to the end, so if I'm in the middle of helping you, sorry I can't navigate to your comments only your profile, so if I'm a little absent, you know why. All that remains for me to say is, stay lucky, and keep tokin folks. 👍
Sounds likes porter! Looking great man....I love waking up on Saturdays and thinking "oh yeah, that's when @chemistry does his update!"

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, seems my forum foibles are all sorted, big shout out to Aqua for that extra mile, and all the mods for that matter who go the extra mile and keep the site rollin, tip my hat to you all. 👍 Moving along, we're all down and hung, by next week we should be dry enough to jar/bucket, always looks like you've hit the jackpot when the plants are hung wet, but every day you look in your drying room they are smaller, torture or what. 🤣 I've been looking into the murky world of LED lights, and even after following 1D1's excellent topic LED's For Dummies, 😁 I still had no clue what do buy, but lucky for me, they're all made by the same people, just a different name product, none of the present manufacturers make all their own parts, and are sourced from other outlets to build their lights. So this leads me to think that it doesn't matter who puts it together, just that they use the best parts available to them as of now, so I'm down to three models on my list, one of them will be purchased this weekend, hopefully to be delivered next week. Delivery is an issue with a lot of firms/people, I don't fancy a month wait, so postage time is bug bare, not point telling me the company has the best light in the world, but takes a month to ship to my house, that's not high tech. So the brands I've whittled down to can ship in a convenient time scale, so you can expect an update on this next week, hope its delivered while I'm at home, or it fits through the letter box if I'm at work. 😁
It has been dire here weather wise, and the Gelato Auto has not grown a millimetre this week, looks green and mean, but no centre leaves are showing at the minute, but if last years is any thing to go buy, then it's making roots instead. I was surprised to see such a small seedling make so much root when it came to up potting it last Spring, I only tipped it out for a look, it's on the first few pages of this diary if you want to have a look, you'll see what I mean, and maybe this is why most good Auto growers like to grow in one pot for the whole grow, maybe they know some thing we don't, or didn't. 😉 Strange thing this growing lark, you protect your plants from sprout to the last week in flower, and then lust over their dead bodies, lets lust. 😁

The first 5 technical triangular hanging implements are the Franco's Lemon Cheese.
DSC00226

White Widow, last two frames on the right. Weird thing, every time I grow a plant in the Widow's position, it's a smaller plant than the others, don't know why? I'm leaning towards a design fault in my drainage, maybe a salt build up in that corner. It's level, same depth of medium, nuits, water, as the others. I'll give it ten minutes of thought before I re-build next run. 🙂
DSC00228

Shishkaberry, from the right, two frames in after the White Widow is the 3 frames of the Shishkaberry, lovely smell when trimming. 🙂
DSC00227

In this pic you can see the sum total of my trim, orange mesh bowl, not a lot of hash to be made there. And the red mesh bowl is the few odd buds that grew on the end of a stem, with nothing else on it, I just nip them off and dry them seperately, then jarred under a mixed strain label.
DSC00232

Was trying to get a good pic of the Icurus bud, the normal universal visual measurer just didn't stack up, so I grabbed a can of coke, then another, should have bought a tray. 😁
Green side. 🙂
DSC00221

Blonde side. 😁
DSC00222

Things of note. The colour change from white to the coffee colour had some positive effects. Why is there not as much hash trim as there was with the white walls? If you think about it, a cannabis plant drops it's seeds on the ground around it, unless it's pillaged by a foreign pheno hunter. lol So tell me where the side light comes from? As all the plants are growing side by side, there is no side light in nature, and these plants have adapted to this over millions of years, so based on this information, I should paint the bottom half of my room dark green to match the plants natural environment, maybe next time. lol Not had time to start off another beer kit, hoping to today, as it is forcast rain all day, so indoor chores are the thing of the day, will get a bit done on the grow space if I can avoid the woman in my life, as she has designs on me painting the guest rooms, one that I use for bubble hashing, so my first job as soon as I finish this update is to gather, and hide all the usable paint brushes. lol And that wraps up another update, we'll see what we wind up with dried by the end of next week, and we will find out what will be producing the sun for my next run. I've not had time to ponder on what to sow next, while we're drying, I've got time to shuffle through the seed packs and see what's what, still have a couple of strains I got as freebies, that I've not grown before, so maybe one of those, or an old favourite, we so many choices these days, and that is no bad thing. Any way, enjoy your weekend, wet or dry, and above all, keep toking folks. 👍

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Nice, looks like you been busy. Good job. It looks great.
I gravitate to citrus flavors when I'm not embracing a kush of some type.
Especially lemon flavors.
So many differnt strains, different taste. It's incredible.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
This is my theory, the canopy gets wadded up by growth, and they evolved with the wind, and also the edges of the leaves, the serration, the teeth.... Holding each other in check.

So when the wind blows from the ground up, it causes them to fall into position, and then the big ones overshadow, dominate the smaller ones... But I agree, it was created to grow as a top layer, a SOG or Sea of Green. Especially in a static, or non-moving environment.

In the second video, notice how even the smaller plants interlock and engage the next size up plants, and up to the bigger ones.... it's all interconnected.
I stir the pot everyday in the veg room, and they find thier own way, by the next morning. But the flowering side likes to maintain order, it grows into position, stiffer, more fixed position, but I still do some changing, and try to keep the tips of the plants engaged, so they can feel each other out....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom