Chemistry's persoanl grow.

• Thread starter chemistry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madmax

Madmax

Morning tokers and growers, hope its warm and sunny where you are, we've had four days of wind and rain and a bit of hail. 😡 Looks like I'll have to hide the paint brushes again this weekend. lol Not had time to sow any seeds, hope to get them buried this afternoon, looking at a four plant grow this round, was going with three, which is all the light I could get out of the HPS, but the new light might just give me the boost I need to grow four, even though I built the space for three. Got all the room painting done, second coats applied, swept the extractor pipe, it was choka with dust and bits of leaf. Room is all rebilt now, had the new Viperspectra XS4000 running this week, just to see what it's about, stays cool in the space, even when ran on 100%, and at that point, it is bright. I like the dimmer, it will be handy for starting seedlings and cuttings. Light has been running all this week, no burn outs, no smells, so I'm fine with how it performs, but in relation to MH, it does not have the crystal blue spring colour that us old schoolers adore, so I expect the orange summerness is gone to, I'll have to see how we get on with this side of the LED scene, as I like the seasonal light change from MH Spring to HPS Summer, jury is out on that one. 😉 Anyway, lets have some pics. 🙂

First up, new paint job, bored with white, and it was on offer at the hardware store. lol You can see how bright this light is by the colour blue colour tone above and bellow the light.
View attachment 1127109

Light seems to have all the bases covered, nice arrangement of LED's, don't know if there's perfect placement for an LED cluster. Came with all the hanging wires, rachets, every thing except the screws to hang it to the ceiling.
View attachment 1127110

Not a fan of this, could be tidier, I realise its to take the wiring outside your room if you so choose, but still could have put a bit more thought into it, as these light are not cheap, and for that money, I want space age tech. I like the fins for heat lose a lot. 👍
View attachment 1127111

The hanging wires seem strong, but this is a heavy unit, and they do seem a bit weak, not that it would be a big deal if the light fell down, as my plants will break its fall, but could just do with out the experience if I could avoid it. 😁 I have a buddy who says he can make me some better brackets, when he gets time, don't hold your breath over seeing them in my life time though. lol The wire hangers seem a bit long, don't know if that's by design for heat loss, or whethe5r its just how they are, but when I get into flower and raise the light, we'll see how hot it gets.
View attachment 1127112

Was looking at the amount of dust in my extractor fan, the fins were well coated with grime, makes you wonder where it all comes from, so out with the wife's tootbrush again, must make sure I remove all the fluff this time, nearly got caught, dog got the blame. 😁
View attachment 1127113

Got the cloche on the heat mat making moisture, just got to burry the seeds some time today, and we're good to go. 😎
View attachment 1127114
View attachment 1127115

Seeds, a couple of these I've grown before, like the Super Lemon Haze and the White Widow, which I'm giving another run, as it didn't do as well as I expected, so it's going again. The Pure Kush is another strain I've not grown before, as is the Holy Punch, so two new ones for me. 😎😎
View attachment 1127116

And that is it for this week, I'll get the seeds in today, if not it will be the middle of the week before they're planted. Not had time to brew any beers, just don't seem to have the spare time at the minute, pardon the pun. lol But its always the same this time of year, Spring is a busy time for outdoor work. Nearly forgot the Gelato Auto, have to say it is trying, but the weather is against it, its not dead, but it's not moved either, I think with a bit of wall to wall sun, it will burst into life, we'll see, got a spare just in case. 😉 And that's me away, catch you all next week, until then, keep tokin folks. 👍
I changed out the original hangers that came with the lumatek light and used 4 ratchet hangers instead.it gave me some valuable space back.. an extra 6 inches to play with.....ask the missus what an extra 6' would b like..
20210603 031812

chemistry

chemistry

I changed out the original hangers that came with the lumatek light and used 4 ratchet hangers instead.it gave me some valuable space back.. an extra 6 inches to play with.....ask the missus what an extra 6' would b like..View attachment 1131207
Sorry Max, just seen this, you know what its like. 😁 That's what I was looking for, just to half the cables, don't want the light tight to the ceiling due to the light getting air at it, might be the perfect soluition, cheers Max. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, its Saturday, and its sunny for a change. 😎 Well we have movement in the garden at last, seedlings, and all four are up for a change, can't remember the last time I had a 4 out of 4 pop, so maybe this is an Omen. 😈 All I need now is for all four to be female and the job is a good one, a couple are fems, but I think one is a regular as it was a freebee from an online vendor, so it will be a couple of weeks before this strain reveals its self, but even a male can be usefull in a small grow, as you can grow any thing if you have the seeds, so I'm rarely peed off with males, unless I get four males out of four, in which case, a tear or two may be shed. 😭😭 Just been up the garden to take a pic of the outdoor Gellato, popping in the frost may make it hardier to the climate we have, but it's had a struggle on its hands, mostly here the weather gets warmer at the end of March, which is when I set my outdoor seed, not just my cannabis seeds, but for the whole garden, but as anyone who's tried to get jump on the growing season this year has found, April was a tyrant of a month, not even the weather man could have predicted the coldest April on record, so tell me again about global warming, and again? So next year, do I shake a stick at the weather gods? You bet I will. 😁 Some times it works, and some times you bomb out, as a species we seem to get off on risk, maybe some thing built into us after we ate all the Dinosaurs. lol Any way, enough of the outdoors, lets move indoors and see what's what. The Pure Kush is still the biggest plant of the four, followed by the Holy Punch, and then the White Widow. The Super Lemon Haze is up and shoving out a small centre, a bit leggy compared to the others as I lifted the light after some of the seeds sprouted, so the Super Lemon Haze has some stride on her, not a problem, as it saves a lot of trimming. 😉 Right, onto the pics, there's never much to see at this stage, but week on week things will become busy, weed two of veg. 🙂

Holy Punch.
Holy Punch v2

Pure Kush, biggest of the seedlings, I'm liking the way this plant struts in veg, seems more cold resistant than the others. 👍
Pure Kush v2

White Widow, bit crinkly on some leaves, a chilly start in life.
White Widow v2

Super Lemon Haze, leggy after her bolt to the light to catch up, its a week behind the others, but has a habit of catching up, which is no bad thing. 🙂
Super Lemon Haze v2

Gellato Auto, its sarting to warm up here now, so I expect the auto to take off, bit curly from the frosts, but hope we get some nice weather in August to finish it off, we'll see. 😉
DSC00329 2

Starting to get a feel for the new LED light, next run if its cold I'll pop in a green house heater just to fill the gap between low running (cold) and high when extractor kicks in, while using HID I'd not encountered this problem, as the HID's kick out heat all the time, lesson learnt. Got another beer kit to set off, today hopefully, don't want to run out do we. 😁 So next week I'll update on that, its another IPA, got a thing about these now. (Max) And that's all I have this week, hoping that next week we have plants instead of Cress like structures to look at. lol So until then, keep tokin folks. 👍

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Morning tokers and growers, how are you all sunny Saturday morning. Down and not running at the minute due to upgrades being fitted in my room. The single biggest upgrade is moving over to LED light fittings, and after countless evenings pondering over different brands, quality of fittings and led's, I decided they're all the same, just put together by the brand name holder, all parts made in China by the same factory, and only one fitting had the heat loosing fins, so welcome to my new light, Viperspectra XS4000, the spec is online if you want to have a look. First impressions, seems well built, heavy, and seriously bright, you don't want to be looking at the pretty LED's to often, or you may wind up blind over time, they are bright, so I've ordered my self some shades, to go with my deck chair and sombrero hat. lol 😎 Went for a cheap set of Lumii glasses, a lot of folk seem to be getting on with them, so I should. Having a colour change this time in the room, would like to have had the time, and the skill to put some art into it, but just don't have the time, but one day. Strikes me that we have some talented artists in our world of growing and tokin, but its never shown to any one, I'm tired of silver deserts and arctic white walls, and appeal to the artier folk amongst us, strut your stuff, go colourfull, show us your art, your grow room needs you. lol I've not grown with LED's before, so I've gone sky blue this round, with the same colour on the bottom half as last time, as I think the blue will give me a good chance of picking out deffs a little bit sooner. No more orange pics, can't help but feel a little sad, but rest assured orange pic fans, if the LED is not up to the job, then the orange pics will return. lol Other than the new light, and paint job, I had to re-build the extraction side of things, as it was in the way of the new lights position as the new light is longer than the HID hood, all ways some thing. lol Most of the build is done, and I'm hoping to get a few hours on it later to run every thing in to see how it performs, and see if any thing needs tweeking, as they always do. 🙂 Chose my seeds for the next run, going with four plants this run, as I'm interested to see what sort of canopy I'll get, was going with three. 😉 Got another new strain to me, think it was a freebee with an order, can't remember. All three plants are about 90% dry, they'll expend that last ten in the bucket to cure. Anyway, lets have some pics. 🙂

First up is the Icarus cola, green side. lol
View attachment 1124478

Icurus blonde side. lol
View attachment 1124479

Franco's Lemon Cheese, returned around three gallons of dried bud. Its in a five gallon bucket, look at the length of the cola. lol
View attachment 1124480

White Widow, about a gallon and a half dry from this plant, apart from the cola's that you saw, there was not larf or pop corn. Had a crafty toke, a bit fell in my pipe while I was trimming. 🙂
View attachment 1124481

The Shishkaberry did nearly as well as the Franco's, but got clubbed by the Icurus bud. lol Still produced around two and half gallons. Some nice fruity colours in the bucket, had another trimming accident and a bud from this was also tested. 😁
View attachment 1124482

Had this arrive at the door, brown box, new light. Have to say, quick postage, well packed, double boxed, I'm impressed. 👍
View attachment 1124483
View attachment 1124487
View attachment 1124485
View attachment 1124486

As Spring ends, and Summer moves in, the last of the Tulips bid farewell until next year, they're looking a bit rough, but they're still holding colour, even with the frost damage. 😡
View attachment 1124488
View attachment 1124489
View attachment 1124490
View attachment 1124492

I'm sat looking over the spread, wondering if it's safe to plant out yet, or is there a last frost lurking in the near future, hope not, as I'm planning on planting my outdoor tommato plants this afternoon, I think its a good time, as we have a week of rain forecast, so this will save watering them in with tap water. Gelato Auto is still alive, still outdoors, and still only has seed leaves. lol this is last week, as I've not been to open the cold frames yet this morning, so I'll snap a pic while I'm down there, and post it next week, this is it at 15 days from pop, hoping it gets its self going now the frosts are past, even though there is a chance of a freak weather spell. 🤞
View attachment 1124493

And that is it people for this week, all updated, will the Auto produce a leaf or two, will we get a sharp frost, will the grow room get finished, will we all still be here, find out next week, 😁 Until then, keep tokin folks. 👍
How is that light performing looks like xs4000 if not mistaken?

chemistry

chemistry

How is that light performing looks like xs4000 if not mistaken?

It is the XS4000, first time I've used LED, so I can't really say a lot, suffered a bit of cold room after lights out, which has had an effect on the seedlings, next seed run I'll know what's what. Vegging, the colour is nearly as good as HID, but bare in mind I've had a bit of a LED newbie start, and you can see that in the leaves of the seedlings. But on the whole, I can't complain about the growth side of LED, in veg, there is no difference between MH and LED that I can see at the moment, but I'm only two weeks into veg, so in another two weeks I should have the full picture, and then I can directly compare the two. Have to say, I'm enjoying my venture into the murky depths of LED.

Madmax

Madmax

Another kit...lol...how manys now...are you the only person suppling the moonshine in your area haha...

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, hope your all fighting fit. 🙂 All four plants are still going, but, one is romping on, while the other three seem to be lagging, don't know why at the moment, but if it carries on, then we'll have to to delve further into the problem. Thing is, the Pure Kush looks good, but the other three are not, the Super Lemon Haze popped a week behind the other three, which all sprouted at the same time, and it might just be that the Pure Kush is a better strain than the others, who knows, and going by my usual way of treating seeds and seedlings, the they should grow out of it. 😁 Moving along, I have to say the Pure Kush is a nice sturdy plant compared to the others, I nearly binned the other three and took cuttings, but I like having an assortment of buds to toke, so we'll carry on and see what happens, as normal, lets have some pics. 😁

Pure Kush, not a mark on it. And an equal to any MH grown plant, both in colour and stature, week 3 of veg. 👍
Pure Kush v3

Holy punch. If you look, you can see the tip of the leaf in the centre of the pic, some thing is going on, but its not showing on the Pure Kush.
Holy Punch v3

Super Lemon Haze. Same thing on some of the leaves, looks over watered, or root problem, but the last plant grew in this position did really well.
Super Lemon Haze v3

White Widow.
White Widow v3

Gellato Auto outdoor.
DSC00346

DSC00347

Things are chugging along, apart from the minor leaf defects, which may be down to going from cold to quite warm, as the outdoor temperature rose as Summer drives off the really cold Spring we had. If its not that, then I'll have to take a look at my hardware, which means taking the plants out of the medium and replant them afterwards, another hour I'll never get back. lol Plants are young, so if this is the case, then it should only add on a couple of weeks to vegging, no biggy. Other things of interest. Got given some seed potato's that were going spare after a buddy had planted a couple of rows in his veg garden, so I grabbed a seven gallon pot and stuck them in. I don't expect to become the next potato mogal, but if I get a few on my dinner plate next to some meat I'll be happy. ☺️

Potato Planter.
DSC00341

Tomatoes are taking off now the sun is with us, plenty of flowers forming. 🙂
DSC00342

Poppies, I did'nt plant these, they just blew in with the other air bourn weeds, all I do is pick off the seed pods as the flowers fade, this stops them from taking over, and as we all know, most poppy seeds pop, one years seed, seven years weed. 😉
DSC00343

Managed to get another beer brewing, its another IPA, I'm starting to like the St Peters IPA over most others, so it looks like I'll be seeing a few of these over the Summer. 😁
DSC00337 2

And that's about it for this week, we'll see what develops over this coming week, will the plants get dug up, probably, 😁 find out next week, until then, keep tokin folks. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, hope your all tiggity boo. 🙂 All is not well with the grow, didn't have time to sort any thing until mid week, which I think was too long for the plants. When I finally got round to looking at the problem, I discovered my drainage hole was blocked, I run a drain to waste system, which wasn't draining, the spent nuits normally drain into another trough, which has a pump in it, and when it fills up, all I do is pump it off into a five gallon drum, and this is how my spent nuits exit my grow space. Well it turns out that the drain hole was blocked by small pieces of the Hydroton, thus causing major over feeding and watering as the plants were sat in the waste, which was building up every watering. 🤬 Right, the solution to the problem was to riddle out the small and broken Hydroton, no mean feet I'll tell you, then re-plant the four strains, but it's done now. 🙂 I have to say that I'm teetering on the edge of binning the current plants, as its easier to plant more seeds than it is to bring plants back to health, some are easy, but some can be a real hastle. But, I've jars of cured buds, so a lull in my grow won't see me suffer, and its a bit more interesting watching plants being swung round after a major problem than waiting for more seeds to pop, even though we love popping seeds. 😁 It would take around a month to get the seeds to the point of flipping to flower, but if the current plants swing round in two weeks, then I've save two weeks, if not and I have to re-seed, then its the time lost trying to spin them round, so I'm going to carry on for a week and see if they pick up, plan A. 👍 The outdoor Gellato Auto is taking off well now, and has the rest of June, July and August to finish off. 😎 Right, pics.

Pure Kush, week 4 of flower, and should be staring in the face of 12/12. 😡 The Pure Kush just looks wilted and should bounce back with a bit of carefull watering.
Pure Kush v4

Holy Punch, you can see the drowned washed out colour on the fan leaves. 😡 The centres don't look damaged, so this young plant should spin round too. 🙂
Holy Punch v4

White Widow, a bit droopy, but the centre is also good, so should spin round with the other two above. 🙂
White Widow v4b

Super Lemon Haze, bit worried about this one, its a week younger than the others as it took longer to pop, so may not be as resilient as the other three, but they are a tough strain, so we'll see how it goes. 🙂
Super Lemon Haze v4a

Gellato Auto outdoor. What a difference a bit of sun makes, just like last year, big struggle through the cold and ice, and now its going for it. At least one plant is spun round, just in time for the rainy season.
lol
Gellato Auto w6a

Gellato Auto w6b

Red Rose is throwing out some nice flower, just need to get it through this wet period and hope the sun comes out, or rot can set in at the base of the flower.
Red Rose 1

Red Rose 2

Eating Apples. These won't mind the rain, as they like a bit of moisture this time of year to build up the fruit, then sun to ripen. Currently the fruit is around 3/4 of an inch wide.
Eating Apple a

Had a buddy come round mid week, said he's going to have a go at brewing beer, asked if I could give him some pointers, so I set about making up five gallons of Stout ( would be rude not, since I had an apprentice on tap. lol), had the kit sat there for two weeks, maybe more. lol So he was shown how to get started, dumped all my old brew gear on him, and made space for more. lol This is the kit we got started. 🙂
DSC00340 2

Right, think that covers every thing for this update, time for me to get on with the home chores I've ducked using the, its to wet excuse. lol So see you all next week, and we'll see if things pick up, or whether we plant more seeds, find out next time, until then, keep tokin folks. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Good morning tokers and growers, its Saturday morning, and it's time for another update, so grab coffee and a chair and take the weight of your feet for five minutes. 🙂 I would say we're half and half this week, all four plants are nearly there, by next week they should be mean and green. Plants have been a bit slow to spin round, but in this weeks pics you can see a massive improvement in both colour and stature, always a good sign. 😉 You wouldn't think a bit of over watering would be such a bad thing, more food and water should make bigger plants you would think, but its not so, a plant can only grow to the size of its environment, this is why outdoor plants are seven feet by seven, and indoors are 3 feet by three feet, which is no bad thing, as I only have room for medium sized plants, don't think I've room to scrog a seven footer, although I've grown the odd pure Sativa that's done its best. lol Funny thing, the Pure Kush was the best looking and the Super Lemon Haze was the worst, this position has changed and the Super Lemon Haze looks better than the Pure Kush, intriguing. The White Widow is also bouncing back into form, but the slowest to spin round is the Holy Punch, don't know why, maybe a weaker bred strain, it won't be the first time a plant pulled up its socks and went for it after a late start, so we will see what happens. 🙂 The Gellato Auto outdoor is going for it, no defs, not been fed since it was up potted to its current planter/builders bucket, so its on soil and rain water, at some point it will need a feed, but unless it shows signs of hunger, then its a no feed job. 😉 Right then, pic time. 🙂

Pure Kush, week 5 of veg. You can see the leaves have picked and lost the drowning look. The big fan leaf next to the label looks a bit ropey, bet it yellows later.
Pure Kush v5

Holy Punch. Still a bit of yellowing in the new growth, the colour is coming, should be nice looking by next week, if we don't have another bog garden experience. 😁
Holy Punch v5

Super Lemon Haze is picking up fast, and now maybe the healthyist plant of the four, go Super Lemon Haze, might turn out to be my top plant this run if it carries on. 🙂
Super Lemon Haze v5b

White Widow is bringing on some nice new colour, should be looker by next week. 😁
White Widow v5

Gellato Auto outdoor. Starting to look good after its chilly start, just like last year, I thought the frosts would murder the auto, credit to its robustness, its still here, and going for it. 😎
Gellato Auto w8a

Gellato Auto w8b

Other things that are growing around me is this tall Iris, planted years ago, was killed by the severe frosts we had one year, froze all the tuba's, that then went to mush, so this was probably produced by a seed from the Iris after the frosts sent it to flowery heaven, but its back, and this makes me smile, welcome back. 🙂
DSC00385

Seems to be a lot of bees around in between the rain showers, noticing some that I've not seen before, I don't think they're new, just that I had the camera in my hand. 🙂
Bee sat on White Aster.
DSC00386 2

Potato Planter, boy have these taken off, only a couple of weeks since I planted them, entry 331, June 12th I put the planter up on my diary, I'm confident I'll have a few tates from this project after seeing the sheer amount of growth, can't wait to dig them up and see what weight I get from them. 😎
DSC00384 2

And that's about it, all updated, no beer brewing this week as I have a small glut, but I can assure you that this will be addressed when the sun turns out one weekend, and the BBQ is fired up, and a few buddies arrive. lol 😁 So if your plants look a bit under the weather, don't panic, take your time, and you will be rewarded with buds to be proud off, any one can do it, it just takes a little practice and a bit of patience. Right, I'm off, see you all next week, until then, just keep tokin folks. 👍

Madmax

Madmax

No beer...what..you mean your guts is full 🤣🤣🤣..your bees are big man.thats near as big as the bumble bees we got..

chemistry

chemistry

No beer...what..you mean your guts is full 🤣🤣🤣..your bees are big man.thats near as big as the bumble bees we got..

Ran out of room to store any more bottles. 🤣 But I like having the ability to chose from a range of beers, as some days I fancy a darker beer, some a lighter beer, don't drink for the effect any more, as I'd much rather get stoned instead. lol

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, hope your all green side up and root end down. 🙂 Things are coming together, plants are back on course, their looking green and mean, so much so they'll be flipped today, strange not changing a bulb this run, and only changing the timer, don't know if I miss polishing the HPS bulb before its installed or not, or burning my fingers taking out the MH because I've forgotten to switch it off for ten minutes before hand to cool, again. 😁 I'd like to have flowered these four plants with just four weeks veg, just to get a direct comparison between the HID and the LED, but with the drainage problems, this has set me back two weeks, no biggy, just means these plants are two weeks older in veg. I don't think it will change any thing that will be detrimental to my comparison with HID, I would have liked the first run to be the same veg length, next time maybe. lol Apart from this, I'm quite happy with the way the LED has performed in veg, so at the very least this light is equally good for veg, but can it flourish in flower? Others that I've watched growing with LED in flower look to be doing well, but some seem to need some supplementary light? In my case, this would see the LED binned, and the HID re-instated in and instant. For me the LED light of choice should be better than HID if its the future, but if extra light is needed, then for me there is no point, I'd rather go back to running one single HID light that has served my for years with out a fault, with out extra lights added. So we've come to the point where the new LED will be pushed a little bit harder. Will the buds be bigger/harder and have a more explosive hit, or are people bumping up there results, only one way to find out, ding ding, flower starts today when I swap the timer, so in two weeks from now we should have the first direct comparison with my HID for flower. Enough tech, lets look at some plant pics. 😎

Pure Kush, week six of veg, quite a bushy little babe for its size. If you look, you can see a little tip burn, this is no bad thing, as it means it has an over abundant amount of stored energy to burst into flower, more is better than less in this case. 🙂
Pure Kush v6b

Holy Punch, seems a smallish plant over all, its not been able to keep up with the other three in veg, so maybe a really good choice for people with small spaces, or it may make Redwood status in flower, wont be the first time the lights have been lifted. lol
Holy Punch v6a

White Widow. This plant looks better this time round, which is good, as the last one didn't do as well as it could have, this time round it looks like a winner, its got eight weeks to prove me wrong, and probably will. lol
White Widow v6a

Super Lemon Haze, love the look of this plant, the one that looked the worst due to the bad drainage is now looking the best, is there any point in loosing sleep over your pants, no, as they'll do what they like anyway. lol
Super Lemon Haze v6a

Gellato Auto, outdoor, is doing well got a nice stem on it, quite windy where it is, but its not showing sings any signs of a disorder, and the Gorilla Glue auto I grew there last year was just fine, so the Gellato should be fine.
Gellato Auto v9 2

Gellato Auto v9 1

Other things I grow are these Sempervivum's, grand kids bought me them for a birthday one year, not hard to keep, they just sit in the pot looking colourfull, but this year some thing happened, they flowered, can't tell you what species they are, as the tag blew away a couple of years ago, quite impressive in a small way, flower spikes are four inches tall, and the rosettes they sprung from are about and inch across. 😎
DSC00399 2

DSC00401 2

There can't a more stunning sight than feeding butterflies, why make a simple nectar sucking insect so stunningly beautiful, not that some other insects are not as stunning, just that these are in a league of their own, imagine holding two four feet sheets of cardboard, one in each hand, in a slight breeze, how can they fly in strong winds, amazing creatures. 👍
Painted Lady Butterfly.
Painted Lady Butterfly 1

Painted Lady Butterfly 2

Think that's every thing updated, so another update comes to and end, before this one turns into a set of encyclopedias. lol So will the LED perform as well in flower as it did in veg, you know the score by now, find out next week, 😁 Until then, keep tokin folks. 👍

Moshmen

Moshmen

Morning tokers and growers, hope your all green side up and root end down. 🙂 Things are coming together, plants are back on course, their looking green and mean, so much so they'll be flipped today, strange not changing a bulb this run, and only changing the timer, don't know if I miss polishing the HPS bulb before its installed or not, or burning my fingers taking out the MH because I've forgotten to switch it off for ten minutes before hand to cool, again. 😁 I'd like to have flowered these four plants with just four weeks veg, just to get a direct comparison between the HID and the LED, but with the drainage problems, this has set me back two weeks, no biggy, just means these plants are two weeks older in veg. I don't think it will change any thing that will be detrimental to my comparison with HID, I would have liked the first run to be the same veg length, next time maybe. lol Apart from this, I'm quite happy with the way the LED has performed in veg, so at the very least this light is equally good for veg, but can it flourish in flower? Others that I've watched growing with LED in flower look to be doing well, but some seem to need some supplementary light? In my case, this would see the LED binned, and the HID re-instated in and instant. For me the LED light of choice should be better than HID if its the future, but if extra light is needed, then for me there is no point, I'd rather go back to running one single HID light that has served my for years with out a fault, with out extra lights added. So we've come to the point where the new LED will be pushed a little bit harder. Will the buds be bigger/harder and have a more explosive hit, or are people bumping up there results, only one way to find out, ding ding, flower starts today when I swap the timer, so in two weeks from now we should have the first direct comparison with my HID for flower. Enough tech, lets look at some plant pics. 😎

Pure Kush, week six of veg, quite a bushy little babe for its size. If you look, you can see a little tip burn, this is no bad thing, as it means it has an over abundant amount of stored energy to burst into flower, more is better than less in this case. 🙂
View attachment 1142126

Holy Punch, seems a smallish plant over all, its not been able to keep up with the other three in veg, so maybe a really good choice for people with small spaces, or it may make Redwood status in flower, wont be the first time the lights have been lifted. lol
View attachment 1142128

White Widow. This plant looks better this time round, which is good, as the last one didn't do as well as it could have, this time round it looks like a winner, its got eight weeks to prove me wrong, and probably will. lol
View attachment 1142129

Super Lemon Haze, love the look of this plant, the one that looked the worst due to the bad drainage is now looking the best, is there any point in loosing sleep over your pants, no, as they'll do what they like anyway. lol
View attachment 1142130

Gellato Auto, outdoor, is doing well got a nice stem on it, quite windy where it is, but its not showing sings any signs of a disorder, and the Gorilla Glue auto I grew there last year was just fine, so the Gellato should be fine.
View attachment 1142134

View attachment 1142133

Other things I grow are these Sempervivum's, grand kids bought me them for a birthday one year, not hard to keep, they just sit in the pot looking colourfull, but this year some thing happened, they flowered, can't tell you what species they are, as the tag blew away a couple of years ago, quite impressive in a small way, flower spikes are four inches tall, and the rosettes they sprung from are about and inch across. 😎
View attachment 1142131

View attachment 1142132

There can't a more stunning sight than feeding butterflies, why make a simple nectar sucking insect so stunningly beautiful, not that some other insects are not as stunning, just that these are in a league of their own, imagine holding two four feet sheets of cardboard, one in each hand, in a slight breeze, how can they fly in strong winds, amazing creatures. 👍
Painted Lady Butterfly.
View attachment 1142136

View attachment 1142137

Think that's every thing updated, so another update comes to and end, before this one turns into a set of encyclopedias. lol So will the LED perform as well in flower as it did in veg, you know the score by now, find out next week, 😁 Until then, keep tokin folks. 👍
Wife had a small butterfly garden around the pool - painted lady’s are our most frequent species! So elegant and graceful.

chemistry

chemistry

Wife had a small butterfly garden around the pool - painted lady’s are our most frequent species! So elegant and graceful.

They are a fascinating, the world would be a worse place for their demise, so like your wife, I make space for them in my garden, even though the cattapillars eat some of my best veg and seedlings, I'm happy to let it slide, because I know what they're going to grow into, so I'm feeding them for the future. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom