Chemistry's persoanl grow.

• Thread starter chemistry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madmax

Madmax

Looking good chem..i was near going to complain cause you never put no pics up lol...i love pics

chemistry

chemistry

Don't know what happened Max, pulled up my pic file and off it went, loaded, I re-wrote the whole thing, put the pics on the post, only to be told that it had timed out, so I had to do it all again, and still ended up with a stray pic tagged on the end of the second post, was it the bong or was it me. lol 😁

Madmax

Madmax

Im gonna say it was the bong..it couldnt b you...never πŸ˜‰....hows the weather now.might have to throw a humidifier in there bud..thats pretty low..

chemistry

chemistry

Just cooled down a bit for now, expecting higher temps mid August, maybe another record breaker, good weather for tomatoes though, they're lapping it up. πŸ…πŸ˜Ž Got two buckets of water in there now, but the air outdoors is dryer than normal, heard they were putting cattle down due to there not being enough grass in the fields.

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Thats bad mate..Pretty dry over your way.you guys must of had very little rain the previous season with no hay or grain feed for the livestock..we are getting a little nervous here in oz if the foot and mouth disease ever takes hold here would wipe out our sheep and cattle industries..

chemistry

chemistry

No rain since the end of March, normally we get a lot of rain in April, then we dry out through the summer, but it was a dry month with no rain. Cattle men are saying that there is no profit if they have to feed this early, and they would lose fair bit of money, normally they only feed in the winter here. Also, some land owners only grow grass to cut as hay, or wrapped winter feed, their fields are bunt dry, so maybe an animal feed shortage this winter, or a serious price hike, wouldn't like to be in that industry at the moment. Fingers crossed that both our industries make it through these tough times. 🀞

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

2 weeks ago there was a convoy here in east texas, had 100 truck and trailers loaded with cattle, both sides of hiway were clogged, record sales that day, farmers cant feed them so there selling them, this will drive down beef prices but will also lead to shortages of livestock for following years.
so as the auction house said right now is the best time to buy cattle cheap but also the worst time to feed them , he has been buying cows that still have 5 or 6 years of good breeding left and calves to beat all.
if you can afford to feed a couple cows you can buy them cheapest as ever been he stated, not just grazing either , all stock ponds are dry. i feed my deer alfalfa , a bail of that is 20 bucks and a bail of coastal hay is going for 12 bucks a bail, round bails are soring and i havent looked into what there going for.
boy dont you know when folks start buying the cattle back the mark up is gonna be 4 times as high.
i havent smoked a brisket in 2 years, a 15 pound brisket has been over a hundred bucks, hamburger meat 3.30 cents a pound, turkeys have been around 26 to 30 for a small bird , im not allowed to walk over to were they sell steaks hahahah

chemistry

chemistry

2 weeks ago there was a convoy here in east texas, had 100 truck and trailers loaded with cattle, both sides of hiway were clogged, record sales that day, farmers cant feed them so there selling them, this will drive down beef prices but will also lead to shortages of livestock for following years.
so as the auction house said right now is the best time to buy cattle cheap but also the worst time to feed them , he has been buying cows that still have 5 or 6 years of good breeding left and calves to beat all.
if you can afford to feed a couple cows you can buy them cheapest as ever been he stated, not just grazing either , all stock ponds are dry. i feed my deer alfalfa , a bail of that is 20 bucks and a bail of coastal hay is going for 12 bucks a bail, round bails are soring and i havent looked into what there going for.
boy dont you know when folks start buying the cattle back the mark up is gonna be 4 times as high.
i havent smoked a brisket in 2 years, a 15 pound brisket has been over a hundred bucks, hamburger meat 3.30 cents a pound, turkeys have been around 26 to 30 for a small bird , im not allowed to walk over to were they sell steaks hahahah

Don't know where it will end up with the cattle Oldy, seems its a world wide thing, but one thing is for sure, it won't suit us or out pockets.

chemistry

chemistry

Good morning all you tokers and growers, hope your all well and ready for the weekend. πŸ™‚ Seedlings are doing fine, but the Dark Phoenix is still growing a little weird, strange thing is, I don't think it will grow out of it, when it popped it was weird, it may grow out of it, but past experience has shown that this early on, the seedling normally falls behind the others and gets smothered, we'll see. But with the temps we've had lately, I'm not surprised the seedlings are struggling, and as I said last week, I nearly switched my grow off until Autumn due to the extreme heat. Maybe its a case that the Dark Phoenix doesn't like a lot of heat, and might need to be be grown with similar types or strains as its self, see what it looks like next week. πŸ˜‰ The other two are fine, the Biscoti Mintz is the biggest of the three, the Delinquent OG being the smallest. Right pic time. πŸ‘

Dark Phoenix. Look at the tips and graining on the leaves.
Dark Phoenix V3a

In this pic, if you look at the base of the trunk, it looks snapped or crushed, this wont help this seedlings cause. πŸ˜”
Dark Phoenix V3b

Biscotti Mintz.
Biscotti Mintz V3a

Biscotti Mintz V3b

Delinquent OG.
Delinquent OG V3a

Delinquent OG V3b

Group Shot.
Group Shot V3 2

Here we are at the end of another update, will the Dark Phoenix pull through, or will it become Ezmerelda's new boyfriend, get your self back here next week and find out, unless you have some thing better to do, 😁 until then, just keep tokin folks. πŸ‘

SSgrower

SSgrower

I see the ranchers here on the coastal bend trying to feed the cows hay, Texas and all of cattle country are having a rough time with this drought. As I am on the coast I notice there's not much hay left,Cheers SS

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I see the ranchers here on the coastal bend trying to feed the cows hay, Texas and all of cattle country are having a rough time with this drought. As I am on the coast I notice there's not much hay left,Cheers SS
the deer and exotics are struggling also , after that snow storm couple years ago they really werent back to par yet and now no water and even the forest is looking shabby

chemistry

chemistry

the deer and exotics are struggling also , after that snow storm couple years ago they really werent back to par yet and now no water and even the forest is looking shabby

A lot of the wild plants ran to seed early here due to the drought caused by the heat wave, so next year in the Spring we'll find out how much damage the heat wave did to our flora and fauna. Waiting for crop/harvest reports to come in.

chemistry

chemistry

Good morning tokers and growers, how are you all. All is not well with the three seedlings, the Delinquent OG and the Biscotti Mintz are fine, but the Phoenix has taken a turn for the worst, it popped backwards, pushed out a strange root that didn't want to grow down, now its gone a little frizzy leafed, a bad seed maybe, not had one like this before, shows all the signs of over water, over fed, heat stroke, I don't know. 🀣 The other two are romping along, in the same environment, so I intend to keep the Phoenix going as long as I can, just to see if I can learn from it. πŸ‘ Going to scrog the other two and let the Phoenix run with them, if the Phoenix can't catch up it will be pulled, as I don't need a hermie in the camp. 😁 I'm going to take off all the strange leaves from the Phoenix as it has better, newer leaves pushing through from beneath, so perhaps it has the capacity to catch up, you never know, so plan B for the Pheonix. πŸ˜‰ Pic time. πŸ‘

Dark Phoenix. Growing a little weird. Lower stem has healed up a little.
Dark Phoenix V4a

Dark Phoenix V4b

Biscotti Mintz.
Biscotti Mintz V4a

Biscotti Mintz V4b

Delinquent OG.
Delinquent OG V4a

Delinquent OG V4b

Group Shot.
Group Shot V4 4

Later this morning I'll top both the Biscotti and the Delinquent to prime them for scrogging. I'll also strip of all the dud leaves on the Phoenix, even if the plant picks up, it wont heal those damaged leaves, so no point in leaving them on, it may also inspire the Phoenix to grow better leaves and branches, it has some nice new shoots on it that look normal, so its a wait and see how it does in the next week. And that's it for this update. Want to see what happens with the Phoenix after its stripped, will it die, will it pull through, will it join the scrog party, only one way to find out. Until then, just keep tokin folks. πŸ‘

chemistry

chemistry

Good morning growers and tokers, time for another update. πŸ™‚ We are now in week five of veg, plants have struggled a little with the heat, but we had a cooler period last week so the plants have put on a bit of a growth spurt, which is no bad thing, as I was beginning to think they would struggle all through veg and end up rough looking when they went into flower. Even the Dark Phoenix looks like its turned a corner, its starting to put out a little healthy foliage, it might just make it. 🀞 The Biscotti Mintz is romping along, biggest of the three by a country mile. The Delinquent OG is still the smallest of the bunch, looks more indica than the others. When I chose where to place the plants, the Dark Phoenix came out top in the height stakes, so it was planted at the back, followed by the Biscotti Mintz, which in the write up said it was a medium sized plant, so it went in on the left, then the smallest which is the Delinquent OG. Reason I do this is because my hardware is on the right hand side of my space, more so my ozzi fan. I like the hillside woodland theme, so tallest at the back, smallest at the front, that way nothing gets crowded out or burried (most of the time). It would be nice to have this run down by October if possible, due to having a family event that will last 8/10 days, so I might have to shorten the veg time on the scrog, or dump the scrog alltogether, time wait for no man. Right, pics then. πŸ™‚

Dark Phoenix. Some nice new growth pushing though. πŸ‘
Dark Phoenix V5a

Dark Phoenix V5b

Biscotti Mintz. Now topped ready to scrog.
Biscotti Mintz V5a

Biscotti Mintz V5b

Delinquent OG.
Delinquent OG V5a

Delinquent OG V5b

Group Shot. Massive difference in size.
Group Shot V5 2

There you go, that's where we are at the moment, to scrog or not to scrog, this is the question? I've re-netted the scrog frame, so its ready for deployment if or when its needed. It would probably be wise to put them into flower now, decisions decisions. So, if your intrigued to find out which direction I've taken, then you need to pop back next week and see what happens, all you need to do until then is, just keep tokin folks. πŸ‘

Madmax

Madmax

Good morning growers and tokers, time for another update. πŸ™‚ We are now in week five of veg, plants have struggled a little with the heat, but we had a cooler period last week so the plants have put on a bit of a growth spurt, which is no bad thing, as I was beginning to think they would struggle all through veg and end up rough looking when they went into flower. Even the Dark Phoenix looks like its turned a corner, its starting to put out a little healthy foliage, it might just make it. 🀞 The Biscotti Mintz is romping along, biggest of the three by a country mile. The Delinquent OG is still the smallest of the bunch, looks more indica than the others. When I chose where to place the plants, the Dark Phoenix came out top in the height stakes, so it was planted at the back, followed by the Biscotti Mintz, which in the write up said it was a medium sized plant, so it went in on the left, then the smallest which is the Delinquent OG. Reason I do this is because my hardware is on the right hand side of my space, more so my ozzi fan. I like the hillside woodland theme, so tallest at the back, smallest at the front, that way nothing gets crowded out or burried (most of the time). It would be nice to have this run down by October if possible, due to having a family event that will last 8/10 days, so I might have to shorten the veg time on the scrog, or dump the scrog alltogether, time wait for no man. Right, pics then. πŸ™‚

Dark Phoenix. Some nice new growth pushing though. πŸ‘
View attachment 1270854

View attachment 1270855

Biscotti Mintz. Now topped ready to scrog.
View attachment 1270856

View attachment 1270857

Delinquent OG.
View attachment 1270858

View attachment 1270859

Group Shot. Massive difference in size.
View attachment 1270860

There you go, that's where we are at the moment, to scrog or not to scrog, this is the question? I've re-netted the scrog frame, so its ready for deployment if or when its needed. It would probably be wise to put them into flower now, decisions decisions. So, if your intrigued to find out which direction I've taken, then you need to pop back next week and see what happens, all you need to do until then is, just keep tokin folks. πŸ‘
Nxt week..oh the suspense ...makes the think im watching a sitcom.something happens but you gotta tune in nxt week to find out..lol πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom