Clones Sexing At 3 Weeks After Transplanting

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
madgrower

madgrower

So since this morning the tallest plants are showing heat stress or lumen shock. They were fine in the morning when the lights had just come on. Now it's 8 hours later and the symptoms just showed up. So I raised the light another half a foot to 2 feet. We'll see how the react tomorrow at the same time.

Other than that look at the bottom growth and this all happened in the last 24hrs. It's easy to think I lowered the lights to much considering the growth I got, more bushing out.

Here you go, be nice!

I know they're not perfect but the growth is great at least to a novice. What is considered good growth on a daily or weekly basis? Without reference all I can judge by is my own experience which is worse than nill.
Way better are they feminized

Wisher619

Wisher619

So since this morning the tallest plants are showing heat stress or lumen shock. They were fine in the morning when the lights had just come on. Now it's 8 hours later and the symptoms just showed up. So I raised the light another half a foot to 2 feet. We'll see how the react tomorrow at the same time.

Other than that look at the bottom growth and this all happened in the last 24hrs. It's easy to think I lowered the lights to much considering the growth I got, more bushing out.

Here you go, be nice!

I know they're not perfect but the growth is great at least to a novice. What is considered good growth on a daily or weekly basis? Without reference all I can judge by is my own experience which is worse than nill.
what is lumen shock
I didnt see anything wrong with any of them...didnt see any stress signs
might I make a suggestion

raise your fans above you lights and point them slightly down

what ever plants that are next to those fans will def get wind burn...especially once flowers start to form

as long as air is moving it will bounce around and eventually get to your plants

there is no way I would have fans that close to my plants

LabCan

LabCan

The info I've found online, a full grow diary, using my exact mix says I'm running to low. I understand everything I've been told and all my experiences say that's wrong but. The guy is running my nutes at the ratio of 12 12 6 which comes out to roughly 1200ppm from seedling on. His never looked like mine and had a great grow from start to finish. Beautiful lush plants the entire grow. Other threads have said the same thing

I in no way am saying this is right or wrong just pointing out what I've read about the exact Fert. I think my plants look like they are deficient in perhaps a number of nutrients. It would be safe to assume that the problem is over Fert and then getting lockout on certain nutrients. The only problem is that not only is it growing fast it is also growing like a bush. It just doesn't seem as if I would get this kind of growth with lockout.

If 1200 was right and I started at 500 then that could be the cause of the deficiencies. Unless the guy is just lying I can't see how his grow could go so well with 1200ppm at seedling stage and then I could be over fertilizing with only 500ppm.

Doesn't that seem a little strange?
My advice to you is start in soil and use half strength nutes. As far as pistils showing thats fine but your plants look deficient

S

Shawnery

Way better are they feminized
That was the initial reason for the post. They were showing pistils and being new I thought that was bad. Am I wrong still or are the pistils showing what feminized means and if not what does it mean? Then I can answer you for surw.

S

Shawnery

Little bit of tacoing or canoeing and the tips raising up. But only the bigger top leaves and they show no sign of burning or any other issues.

madgrower

madgrower

That was the initial reason for the post. They were showing pistils and being new I thought that was bad. Am I wrong still or are the pistils showing what feminized means and if not what does it mean? Then I can answer you for surw.
I had a jack herra that grew like vines really wide and tall..

Wisher619

Wisher619

Little bit of tacoing or canoeing and the tips raising up. But only the bigger top leaves and they show no sign of burning or any other issues.
that is nutrient reaction
they will settle in or they will burn
we will see

pistils are female sex organs
they should def be there on your clones

once you begin to flower they will grow more and turn to flower

as for those fans

please get them away from your plants

S

Shawnery

Will do on the fans. So it was just coincidence thst it's the top leaves and the time after lights on? One other thing. Wouldn't the fact that the ppm's, 500 scale, dropped 30 points in 24hrs speak to a proper EC setting?

Another thing.

I don't know about shaping but I know, sort of, the techniques of training. My idea was to tie down the bottom 4 branches toward the edges of the lid. Then top the plant twice above that next node. Then tie down those 4 stems towards the edge of the lid but only half way out.

Would that work or just newbie crazy talk?

Last edited:
LabCan

LabCan

All I can say is that there are currently no signs of pwm and there are many growers of many types of plants that disagree about the use of Apple cider vinegar on pwm. I like to travel outside of the world of cannabis when it comes to fighting sickness.

You may not be able to kill it but with proper maintenance you can all but remove it from being active. Then at the end of your grow if there is any concern with pwm being on the plant you can do a post harvest h202/water bath.

I can put up a link to the info on it. I'm not going to give up because they might have it. My first grow got pwm after I started flowering and I was able to control it very well.

I'm all up for help especially if you aren't looking for a yes sir type of relationship. I like to ask questions not for answers bit for options. I find that a lot of people on here find that to be rude and disrespectful but it's nothing of the sort.

I just like doing things the hard way.
Thats how you learn. I do the same shit. I love the fight. Gardeners dont get rid of all their fruits and vegetables and trees just cause of some pm. They attack the problem preventative and if they still get it they do maintenance. Never quit amd waste your time amd money. Attack the problem always

S

Shawnery

If I want my plants to be 5 feet tall should I flip them when they reach 2 1/2 feet in veg?

Holy shit are my lights pricey, 400 per month, ouch!!

S

Shawnery

I started taking daily notes on Monday and yes I should have been doing it from the start. I was under the impression that this was the starting of the 4th week but it's the middle of the second week. My sense of time and memory is so screwed because of motorcycle racing accident that almost killed me.

Anyways. Everything happened just the way I said it it just happened in about half the time. Oops!

S

Shawnery

3/4/18 vs. 3/21/18

Is this slow/normal/fast growth for 2 1/2 weeks?

20180304 203619
20180321 115039
Wisher619

Wisher619

3/4/18 vs. 3/21/18

Is this slow/normal/fast growth for 2 1/2 weeks?
depending on grow style about average
as for why do you want 5' plants?
that is a waste of plant
I would flip at 12"-14"
your plants will finish between 24-36" with 18" colas
you have a 5' plant it will have 3' of larf and legs
IMO

S

Shawnery

I don't expect it now considering my experience but I'd like to get to the point that, at the very least, I get 1/2 # per plant if not better. I went over and beyond with my lights so that part is good. Now I just need to get the flow moving nice and easy.

DGP

DGP

I don't expect it now considering my experience but I'd like to get to the point that, at the very least, I get 1/2 # per plant if not better. I went over and beyond with my lights so that part is good. Now I just need to get the flow moving nice and easy.

It is easier to evaluate yield potential based on lighting power. Grams per watt. Or even grams per meter squared. Per plant is kinda irrelevant since what really matters is the canopy and managing it to present at a level height so each cola develops as equally as possible. Sure you can grow a giant tree and yield a lot off one plant (however, it takes a lot longer to grow trees indoors) but in the end it still comes down to how much energy you can project over a given area and how well you manage the environment so the plants can maximize their potential. Strains and seed producers will often say for example 400-700 grams per sq meter but I find these estimates are very, very overblown.

Most strains will give you some projected yields based on unit area typically (per sq. meter). For a beginner .5 gram per watt is pretty good but most people struggle to get to 1 gram per watt. I think the highest I have achieved in 3 years of learning has been .71 gram/watt (dried and cured). I think it is quite challenging to get to or above that 1 gram/watt mark. Of course a lot depends on the strain but after that it is grower knowledge and talent. With each new run there is always the hope of beating your last record:) .

Dee

S

Shawnery

340watts × 4 fixtures but they are literally equal to a 500watt hps lumen output. They're DIY and a builder tested side by side with a light meter.

Is that .5 grams per plant? Meaning ((340 x 4) x .5) x 8?

Wisher619

Wisher619

340watts × 4 fixtures but they are literally equal to a 500watt hps lumen output. They're DIY and a builder tested side by side with a light meter.

basically you will probably net around 60-120g dried per plant with a really good yield strain
basically around 2#

DGP

DGP

Speaking of yields, due to my limited indoor space gonna grow 4 of my 10 allowable plants outside this season cause I can always yield so much more outside. The season is coming and I have 15 seedlings to sort thru for the best plants. They are at about 12" high in veg just waiting anxiously for the first part of May.

.5 to 1.0 grams per watt not per plant. Doesn't matter how many plants in this case or even area it is just production per watt. So, in your case if you have 340 watts I would say those fixtures probably are equivalent to say 450 HID. So, 450 X 4 = 1,800 watts. 1,800 X .5= 900. So your yield if all goes well could be between 900 and 1800 grams. Would be interesting to compare those numbers to a sq meter estimate as well as see if they are similar. Will be interesting to see how it all comes out in the end.

Dee

Latest posts

Top Bottom