CNS-17 veg food duplicate(copy of their 3-1-2 with improvements)

• Thread starter dankworth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
El Cerebro

El Cerebro

If dropped in the 5gal, how far is the #3 roots from the bottom? Re handwatering/hempy, I'm not talking about keeping roots in the bottom like with the sw-dtw, just a way to get air around the netpot/ezroots instead of the straight 5g with no air-pruning. If you're not watering constantly, the roots won't reach down into the bottom drain/air space anyway.

Hempy is for totally different lifestyle imo, nute-sol laying around in the bottom all the time, for me it was really disappointing compared to 60/40 chow in smartpots dtw 1-2x per day. Maybe because chow wicks so much more than otherwise it might seem? I think hempys might be cool for someone who wants to feed every few days, if you want mini-res action with more freq then need a system like DW pushes.

dankworth

dankworth

I don't have a spare 3 gal to put in a 5 gal, but I think I end up with around 3" of clearance to the bottom of a tote.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

I don't have a spare 3 gal to put in a 5 gal, but I think I end up with around 3" of clearance to the bottom of a tote.
ok so if you're still using the hd totes with yellow lid, those are 14.5" tall, ~same as 5gal bucket.

dankworth

dankworth

I think it is 14", but not really sure. I measured it like a month ago, but I was super high when I did it so I don't remember what the answer was.
I remember that the 3 gal fit nicely into a 4 gal food grade square container though. It was kind of cool.
I am interested in hearing how yours works out.

H

hogan400

Hey guys, quick question,
I been adding epsom to my cns17 but all of a sudden this week, week5, I seem to be having mag problems. I only add 1 tsp per gallon 1 time a week. What would your indications be for this. Plants looked great til a couple days ago but now a little stress... Was thinking of a light nute flush and perhaps upping the epsom? I should load pics soon.

dankworth

dankworth

I think it is 14", but not really sure. I measured it like a month ago, but I was super high when I did it so I don't remember what the answer was.
I remember that the 3 gal fit nicely into a 4 gal food grade square container though. It was kind of cool.
I am interested in hearing how yours works out.

Dude I was all high and failed to notice how you posted the answer above me El Cerebro.

Hey guys, quick question,
I been adding epsom to my cns17 but all of a sudden this week, week5, I seem to be having mag problems. I only add 1 tsp per gallon 1 time a week. What would your indications be for this. Plants looked great til a couple days ago but now a little stress... Was thinking of a light nute flush and perhaps upping the epsom? I should load pics soon.

I always added epsom to every feed when I ran cns-17. I think I was around 1 gram per gallon, which will bump Mg values by 26 ppms.

I took out K nitrate, so my values are around 120-35-300-145-75-who knows what the sulfur is. Or thereabouts. 10 ppms iron with my micro mix or so. Total of 1.6 ppms or so boron right now.

Honestly, I like my gig so so so much better than CNS-17, I was always trying to figure out what the fuck cns was missing, I do not have that feeling any more with my stuff.

It has a wack N:K ratio for leafier buds. Could never get the quality right where I wanted it.
I am finishing up week 2 flower, already frostier, prettier, more symmetrical, no defs unless I let ph drift too far(I do this to see things fuck up, then how they look when I fix so I can see problems coming down the road later), I love tweaking my own salt values.

derelict

derelict

man this is amazing. never come across anyone making their own ferts before with such precise ingredients and such precise data on what the inputs achieve.

you could go into business! lots of competition but if you're getting better results with what you make than what you can buy then people would totally buy it.

dankworth

dankworth

man this is amazing. never come across anyone making their own ferts before with such precise ingredients and such precise data on what the inputs achieve.

you could go into business! lots of competition but if you're getting better results with what you make than what you can buy then people would totally buy it.

Way too busy to fuck with any of that.
Deep Buddy here on the site had the same idea, he is getting this and other balls rolling.
I am best nerding out on this stuff, he can implement the sales end.
We both have some ducks to line up in a row before we can fully commit to a business endeavor, but hopefully soon.

Premixed bags of salts could be sold for hella cheap and still get a respectable profit margin.
All y'all would win. Hopefully we can make that happen this year.

Keep in mind that I ended up liking the 3-1-4 formula towards the end of this thread better.
I saw pics of Capulator's plants, and wanted mine to look more like his, so I moved the formula closer to his.
Thanks Cap.

deep buddy

deep buddy

yep im on it homie fell free to contact me. it is very exciting ! though far from as easy as my boy dank makes it seem.

dankworth

dankworth

Dude I was all high and failed to notice how you posted the answer above me El Cerebro.

I always added epsom to every feed when I ran cns-17. I think I was around 1 gram per gallon, which will bump Mg values by 26 ppms.

I took out K nitrate, so my values are around 120-35-300-145-75-who knows what the sulfur is. Or thereabouts. 10 ppms iron with my micro mix or so. Total of 1.6 ppms or so boron right now.

Honestly, I like my gig so so so much better than CNS-17, I was always trying to figure out what the fuck cns was missing, I do not have that feeling any more with my stuff.

It has a wack N:K ratio for leafier buds. Could never get the quality right where I wanted it.
I am finishing up week 2 flower, already frostier, prettier, more symmetrical, no defs unless I let ph drift too far(I do this to see things fuck up, then how they look when I fix so I can see problems coming down the road later), I love tweaking my own salt values.
Hey to clarify, the 10 ppms iron/1.6 ppms or so boron are at my feed strength of 2000+ ppms/4+ ec. I just fed at like 2150 or 2200 ppms last night.

DO NOT JUST UP AND FEED YOUR PLANTS 4+EC. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hey to clarify, the 10 ppms iron/1.6 ppms or so boron are at my feed strength of 2000+ ppms/4+ ec. I just fed at like 2150 or 2200 ppms last night.

DO NOT JUST UP AND FEED YOUR PLANTS 4+EC. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME.

So what is the RH and temp. in the room you're feeding your girls this heavily?

dankworth

dankworth

I need to get another 2 batteries for my 2 infrared temp things from harbor freight(15 apiece)
So no accurate canopy temps.
But the ambient under the canopy lately is showing 75-76 degrees, so should be high 70s up above. Hand test perceives heat from lights(80+ watts/ft2) but cool breeze from rolling air body above the canopy cools nicely. Feels like 77-80 to my hand if I had to guess.
My humidity has been at 65 lately, I like better than 60 right now. CO2 around 1200. I do not want to push them with more ppms co2. Tried a couple times to go to 1300, didn't like it.
Topdressed some of Cap's teas last night.
Drilling out 960 holes in pvc to make adjustable trellises with.
Those are pilot holes. Then fucking with a spade bit 960 times too.
Fuck the fuck yes!

Edit-When should I topdress with guanos for flowering, guys?

ttystikk

ttystikk

I need to get another 2 batteries for my 2 infrared temp things from harbor freight(15 apiece)
But the ambient under the canopy lately is showing 75-76 degrees, so should be high 70s up above. Hand test perceives heat from lights(80+ watts/ft2) but cool breeze from rolling air body above the canopy cools nicely. Feels like 77-80 to my hand if I had to guess.
My humidity has been at 65 lately, I like better than 60 right now. CO2 around 1200. I do not want to push them with more ppms co2. Tried a couple times to go to 1300, didn't like it.
Fuck the fuck yes!

Hmmm... I'd expected something a bit more off the beaten track to account for the very high EC. Your girls are in your 25%coco/75%hydroton 'hater buckets', right? Since I'm in the middle of doing something very similar, I feel the need to gather all the data I can get.

I feel your pain re. the endless holes. I'm making holes tonight too, in 5 gallon buckets for draining my 'hater chow' mix. Only 4-500 though...

I'm new in this medium, so I haven't the faintest on when to topdress. Your guess would be better than mine at this point.

dankworth

dankworth

She is a freak eater. I would think a regular strain would be around 15-18 depending on light levels.
I think I peaked around 2k for my 3/4 perlite 27 gal hempies, so this is on par with that.
I filled the ez roots aeration frames with chow, then watered a bit, then topdressed that with azomite and a fat handful of earthworm castings, then mounded coco on top of that like a caldera, so that when I irrigate, it pools up in the middle next to the stem, then flows through as it wicks everywhere.

You might consider getting a jigsaw and enlarging the hole in the tote lid if necessary, and using the aeration frames. I have drilled out buckets too, and these are so much better. And cheap.

ttystikk

ttystikk

She is a freak eater. I would think a regular strain would be around 15-18 depending on light levels.
I think I peaked around 2k for my 3/4 perlite 27 gal hempies, so this is on par with that.
I filled the ez roots aeration frames with chow, then watered a bit, then topdressed that with azomite and a fat handful of earthworm castings, then mounded coco on top of that like a caldera, so that when I irrigate, it pools up in the middle next to the stem, then flows through as it wicks everywhere.

You might consider getting a jigsaw and enlarging the hole in the tote lid if necessary, and using the aeration frames. I have drilled out buckets too, and these are so much better. And cheap.

So you have experience with the 5 gallon aeration frames or are yours a different size? From the description and measurements, the 5 looked like it would be a drop-in fit in a 5 gallon bucket...

If I had the coin, I would definitely go that route; I'm only drilling holes cuz I'm POOR!

Drill, baby, drill! -Sarah Palin, who may have, by now, actually uttered something factually correct... It's bound to happen sooner or later, right?

dankworth

dankworth

So you have experience with the 5 gallon aeration frames or are yours a different size? From the description and measurements, the 5 looked like it would be a drop-in fit in a 5 gallon bucket...

If I had the coin, I would definitely go that route; I'm only drilling holes cuz I'm POOR!

Drill, baby, drill! -Sarah Palin, who may have, by now, actually uttered something factually correct... It's bound to happen sooner or later, right?
No experience with the 5 gal yet. I hear you on the budget constraints. I built a bunch of shit from Home depot stuff cause I have a credit card for them. Like floating airstones made from drilled cpvc.

Oh and don't get the brokest, cheapest casters they have for your raceway tables. And if you do that, don't step on them.
Still easier to drag that shit across the floor with a broke caster than sliding totes around.

Thanks Ralphy. I have put some work into this.

dankworth

dankworth

Holy shit you guys I am going to stab a motherfucker in a minute for lack of dental floss.
This kale in between two molars is driving me fucking crazy.
Not even kidding.
Stabbings.

H

hogan400

Deep.. Dank..

I am reading and following you much better than before. I am starting week 5 right now and what I see I'm missing is mag, with a touch of iron, causing me some def plants.
They are eating much more mag now than I was adding earlier. I imagine Its taken about 5 days to really show like it is. Ima add more epsoms to start, you guys need to get ur pre-sales product together, and send me a basic care package....

Im bout to order an entire cycle of the cns for a 12 light flip flop, but could run the exact program "you" would offer for my home 10k. If it kills like I think then call me a customer:D. Ill p.m you.

deep buddy

deep buddy

Deep.. Dank..

I am reading and following you much better than before. I am starting week 5 right now and what I see I'm missing is mag, with a touch of iron, causing me some def plants.
They are eating much more mag now than I was adding earlier. I imagine Its taken about 5 days to really show like it is. Ima add more epsoms to start, you guys need to get ur pre-sales product together, and send me a basic care package....

Im bout to order an entire cycle of the cns for a 12 light flip flop, but could run the exact program "you" would offer for my home 10k. If it kills like I think then call me a customer:D. Ill p.m you.
foliar can be your best friend for coco def's.

PACKS COMING SOON PEEPS!
Fuck the fuck yes!

i would start at about week 2 or 3 to topdress, but you have a crazy eater.
my fav is p seabird guano in weeks 2 and 3 then 50/50 seabird/bat.

what is 960 x 2 1920, you drill happy mother fuka:)

Top Bottom