Coco Round 2 - Alien Dogs of Doom!

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cheaplastic

cheaplastic

thanks for the response bro! i notice your running dual arcs if im not mistaken? how do you like the performance so far in terms of quality/yield? would u say the benefits justify the cost?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I dig the dual arcs. I do believe that they run a little hotter than a normal HPS. Spectrum wise they are really awesome. I haven't however done a side by side to a regular HPS to see quality and yield differences. It would be nice if someone would. The way I look at it is the extra cost is nothing compared to the benefit potential, so I don't mind paying a little more.

-TF

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Wazapaneen

Hey guys, been a little lax on my end on the posting. Round 2 in the books now. It took me a while to cut it all down. I snapped some pics however right before I took them down.

Alien Dog Pheno#3 - The Keeper of the pack. Stinky and tasty.

IMG 2775

Alien Dog Pheno #2 on the right- 1st runner up. Very similar to #3, little less smell & flavor. Alien Dog Peho #1 on the left - Looked so promising. Buds have little to no smell or flavor at all. High is decent. What a bummer. Cali Connect seeds are very hit and miss.

IMG 2776

Sour OG#7 Still super dank.

IMG 2779

Chem Valley Kush - Her last run with me. Good, just not a rock star.

IMG 2796

Alien Dog #3 hanging around

IMG 2804

Something for the masses....

IMG 2805

And since I've already dried them up, May I present the dried nugs.....

New House Champion - Raskal's Super Skunk!
So deliciously stinky, so tasty, awesome positive high. Tight nugs. AAA rating from me.

IMG 2808

IMG 2809

Alien Dog #3 - Very nice indeed! I'll hang on to this one for a bit. Also stinky, tasty, and very stony.

IMG 2812

IMG 2813

Chem Valley Kush Pheno #1 - Again, more stinky than last run.

IMG 2814

IMG 2815

Sour OG #7. This batch was super stinky, and packs a punch.

IMG 2818

IMG 2819

The Canna vs CNS conclusions:

I think that Canna nudges out CNS17 slightly in the aroma department, but the cost difference and tons of bottles you need with the Canna makes CNS a very tempting formula for ease of use alone. My only super skunk was grown with the CNS, and it smells and tastes the best out of my whole run. The CNS is way more stable PH than the Canna as well. I never had anything in the regular feed rez other than RO and CNS17 Veg, Bloom, or Ripe and PH reducer. Basically one ingredient! You do have to mix it a bit more than most nutes that I have seen. Once you have done that, it is smooth sailing with the CNS17. All in all, I would suggest the CNS17 highly to anyone for coco, especially somebody newer to coco or growing in general. Great stuff.

-TF

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
They all look mighty fine TF! How do you like that Trim Pro Rotor? Did you have to go back in and touch everything up with scissors? If not, I'd have to say it looks like that thing is well worth the $$$. Great job man!

C

cheech

I've got to laugh at what a perfectionist you are. I would have had that trim pro sitting on top of a book. Cutting the top off to fit perfectly wouldn't even go through my simple brain. Nice job

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Thanks guys,
The trim pro is nice, but not perfect. If I didn't have to do so much myself, I would just hand trim. It is a big time saver. I just keep an eye at the buds as they tumble out, then pick off any stray leaves. Not much worse than other people trimming your bud.

-TF

AlwaysSunny

AlwaysSunny

Is that 100% Coco you are using and if so, how often are you watering?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

It's Canna coco with about 40% perlite. In the beginning of flower I water every other day. At this point they have just been freshly transplanted into 3 and 5 gallon containers. After the roots start to occupy the container (maybe up to a couple of weeks), I switch to once a day watering. If I had a higher perlite ratio or had a coarse grade of coir, I could water more than once a day, but with using drip to waste I see no point. Yields with feeding once a day are great.

-TF

AlwaysSunny

AlwaysSunny

It's Canna coco with about 40% perlite. In the beginning of flower I water every other day. At this point they have just been freshly transplanted into 3 and 5 gallon containers. After the roots start to occupy the container (maybe up to a couple of weeks), I switch to once a day watering. If I had a higher perlite ratio or had a coarse grade of coir, I could water more than once a day, but with using drip to waste I see no point. Yields with feeding once a day are great.

-TF

Thanks man. Is the Perlite necessary with that Canna Coco?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I know that there are a lot of coco growers who use 100% coco, but I have found for me in my experiences that it works much better with the perlite. I believe that if the media cannot dry out in a couple of days, then it is not optimal for oxygen in the root zone. I am all about that wet to dry(mostly dry) cycle. If you had some real coarse other coco, you could mix that in to help the media drain faster, or as Seamaiden has suggested, rice hulls.

-TF

Aligee

Aligee

Looking good there bro im eyeing Raskals super skunk looks bomb for sure i got high hopes for these white x superskunk beans he just released That aliendog is some flame are those v2s or original ??? Ive only sampled the v2s and it was tasty dank reeked very nicely !!! Goodshit bro !!! AliGee!!!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Thanks man!
The super skunk is super bomb! Even after I tell everybody that I don't have more than head stash from that one plant this run, they still beg me to take some home every time they come by.:D

That cross with the ss and the white sounds pretty sweet. I'll have to keep my eye peeled for that one.

The alien dog is Cali Connect v2 stock. The #3 pheno is definitely the whole bag. Smell, taste, look, high. I couldn't believe that pheno # 1 of the three was so unbelievably blah. It had such tight nugs, and looked so promising.

-TF

deep buddy

deep buddy

awesome work tf! you have been an inspiration to me for sure. wait till you see my next grow log you should see familiar teks all over the place. anyways thanks again.

sdgrower

sdgrower

Great show TrichomeFan!

When watering your coco did you use feed feed flush or some other methold?
Also what brand of cal/mg did you use?
Thanks!

S

SofaKingHigh

Upside-down AD3 is the jizzshot.

Looks like a fat yield, keep it up!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Thanks everybody!

Thanks guys,

Abek666,
yes it was awesome!

deep buddy,
I am very glad that I inspired you to trick out and better your own grows. It makes me feel good to inspire others here on the farm to do their best. That is all the thanks I need.

sdgrower,
Thanks man, I use the feed feed feed method. My girls get the epic mealtime treatment. 6 days of consecutive feed, then a bonus feed on the seventh day. No flush at all till 2 weeks before harvest. Never exceeded 2.2 EC. I use Botanicare Cal-Mag plus.

sofaking,
Thanks buddy. I felt like Pete North on that shot. That plant was just over a P.

-TF

Top Bottom