Coco Round 2 - Alien Dogs of Doom!

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
They look great bro I love OGR SS it's the best I have seen on the net. The alien Dawg looks fire I have 2 going now but mine are from garden of dreams his are Chemdog D x alien kush 2's not like swerves I think but alien Dawg is dank for sure I just popped 2 white skunks from OGR so I can't wait to see how these turn out it's like a dream cross of mine since OGR hasn't made many super skunk crosses latley and this one sounds like the best so far. I wish he would make some s1's of these. Yours look amazing though hommie great job.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Thanks man. Loving that Super Skunk for sure. I had some Skunk#1 last year that was out of control. I may have to find that one again too.

-TF

T

thatgreenstuff

Trich Fan, very impressive work. The room is super clean and the buds looks very dank. Great comparison as well with the nute lines, kind of makes me wish i bought the cns lol. Your grow is inspiring to me as I have a medical coco grow going myself. I am growing some P.r. og for the first time. Also the first time im using the coco as a medium so im hoping it turns out ok. Im using 100% canna coco in 5 gal buckets(no perlite although next time i will). Tap water filtered through a hydro logic. I I know i should get some cannazyme but im broke right now so ill have to wait a week or so to get it.

I'm going to start flower in a few days but my leaves are a little yellower then I am comfortable with. Id love your input on if I should add/change anything. Im feeding them.

Canna coco a/b 10ml gal
Liquid karma 10ml gal
rapid start 1ml gal
silica blast 5ml gal

planning to add Botanicare's Hydroplex at the start of flower.

Thanks,

TGS.

sdgrower

sdgrower

Thanks Trich! I appreciate the response. Can't wait to see your next show!
:animbong:

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

thatgreenstuff,
thanks for the compliments. OK, let's get to the plants. First thing. I see no Cal-Mag on your list. It is a must with filtered water for every gallon fed. Only exceptions would be a nute that already has adequate calcium in it already. Canna is not one of them. You should be at 5ml per Gal minimum. You said that you don't have the funds, just be aware, Canna is gonna be a pricier nute line. Boost is the big one. Their nutes also work best when you use all of their products and mix by the chart. I use their website calculator for normal feeding in coco. Easy as that. Silica is good, I use it for PH up. I switch to regular PH up and cut out the silica after week 5 of flower. I haven't used the liquid karma myself, but I hear good things about it. Again, if you're gonna go the Canna route, I would just go the whole way with them. Watch to not over water those 5 gals. That will cause yellowing for sure at the least. Let them dry up some before watering again. Especially till they are really well established. The perlite really helps out with that on the Canna coco. Medium size is my choice. Best of luck with the grow.

sdgrower,
no problem. I may have some more photos coming up of my latest. It's more of a jungle than an organized attack. Flowering out everything in the house for cleaning the whole lab up after. Sterilization time! Damn root aphids!

-TF

S

Shamrock

You couldnt get rid of the root aphids? That sucks brother sorry to hear that. I really dig your flower room setup with the isle down the middle. Seeing this thread convinced me to somewhat copy your lighting setup. I was looking to go with vertical lighting but, I think I will be able to get away with less lights. I was looking at what I would need for AC to run 12 lights in a sealed room.....dont have 5 g's to spend on just an AC lol

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I knocked them down, but I want to be really sure, so no living plants for a little bit. The comeback is already being planned, and this round is not even close to done yet. The adjust a wings are a great choice. I am pretty damn happy with them. Many others on here feel likewise.

-TF

T

thatgreenstuff

Thanks for the reply Trich. Ive read through your threads a few times to try and help maximize my results. To be honest the cleanliness of your room motivates me to clean up mine lol. Today i bought a ppm meter for the first time and i found out that i have 200 ppm water even after being filtered. Im assuming my water has a fair amount of cal mag in it. My hydro logic filter just dechlorinates and filters sediment. I was too cheap to by an ro, dumb mistake. Do you still think i need to buy some cal mag even though my starting ppm is 200 ? I am growing og's and Ive heard they can be cal mag hogs so maybe i should get some incase. Also i figured out that the ph was about 7 when i was watering. Turns out my ph pen electrode was done for. Im thinking / hopeing that this is the reason for the yellowing and that some nutes were locked out.
Cheers TGS

deep buddy

deep buddy

hey tf just fyi and im sure you already know but my ra's are gone! spectracide worked great for me. very little stress on the plants and INSTANT DEATH! just trying to pass that on cause i want to see all the ra's D E D dead;)

thatgreenstuff for me i also use a sediment filter(tall boy) leaves my ppm at about 150 to 250 and i still go at least 5ml a gal w/ calmag. and yes those og's are mag whores bad.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Yep, what DB said. I would still add CaMg. Not as much as RO, but it is true that the OG's like more than other strains to begin with. Make sure that your PH is correct too. 5.8 is what I water at.

DB,
I did hit all the plants with the spectracide. Dunked all pots and sprayed the whole room and the plants. I just want to be sure 100%. No sense in operating costs of the room to be going, for a less than awesome run. I will not be down for too long.

-TF

deep buddy

deep buddy

yeah totally understand that i tried to isolate a bunch then BAM everywhere. a real kick in the nuts for sure. but my 9 day treatment cycle every 21 days has worked completely. that sucks only having one room and shuttin her down but you know you gotta do it. good luck brother. i got a bottle of permethrin 36.8% that'll take the hair of a cat for the nuke sessions.

S

Shamrock

yeah totally understand that i tried to isolate a bunch then BAM everywhere. a real kick in the nuts for sure. but my 9 day treatment cycle every 21 days has worked completely. that sucks only having one room and shuttin her down but you know you gotta do it. good luck brother. i got a bottle of permethrin 36.8% that'll take the hair of a cat for the nuke sessions.

Do you have a thread where you describe your 9 day treatment cycle?

Can you use the spectracide for foliar to get the flyers?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
for the spectracide to be effective you need to dunk and soak the medium for 2 hours

I would also use a p fogger during the soak session

even still from what I have read this is only 95% effective

I would follow up with watering a few weeks with ExciteR 6%

some folks are having success with just the exciteR

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Sucks about the critters, but it's a good move to make sure they're gone for good.

S

Shamrock

for the spectracide to be effective you need to dunk and soak the medium for 2 hours

I would also use a p fogger during the soak session

even still from what I have read this is only 95% effective

I would follow up with watering a few weeks with ExciteR 6%

some folks are having success with just the exciteR

Thanks ML I will find a place to order ExciteR from asap

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

DB,
no worries. I am almost 3 weeks into this run, and so far almost 100% of the plants show no ill signs of the RA. I really can't complain too much on a break, especially after 3 good runs in a row. Onward and upward!

ML,
good contribution man. I am unfamiliar with this ExciteR. The only thing that comes up on a google search is some Judas Priest. Now I think I am hell bent for leather.....

Darth,
hey man, nice to see you around. Yep, taking the safe route. I really don't want to run 4kw for 10 weeks for a fizzle. Don't forget, I still owe you a beer.

Shamrock,
good luck on your RA fight.

-TF

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
TF,

We had root aphids when we first started up a room a couple years back. Tried a lot of shit and ended up ordering merit 75.

It wiped them the fuck out. havent seen an aphid since. Its systemic so over the course of abotu a month, any aphid that feeds on ANY part of the plant dies. You could treat all your veg plants and start right up again. The plants then become "the bait", and lure any RAs to their imminent demise.

I wouldnt waste my money on anything else. We ran it in the res for about a day or two.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Capulator,
good looking out on the merit 75 suggestion. I am already close to 3 weeks into flower, so no way to use something like that. Veg is already off. I will look to that as a first attack if they ever try and rear their ugly heads. Did you just dump that into your res along with your nutes?

-TF

sticky icky

sticky icky

Root aphids are the fukn worst have u guys ever messed with met 52 deff pricy but is suppose to work great and I believe u can use it in flower non systemic,also check out this product called movado from Bayer science suppose to be really good.but for sure what cap said with the merit that's the best way to go about 100% how u been TF rock shit out this run bro!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Hey there sticky, good to see you stopping by. Yep, I figured a reset was in order, before I had a run crash and burn. I had read up a bunch on the met52, and it sounds pretty good. I just wanted to be more sure, so unplug I will. This run looks like it will still be good, so I got one more coming.

-TF

Latest posts

Top Bottom