Coco Round 2 - Alien Dogs of Doom!

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

Hey trichomefan...Man...almost a full year ago U and I were both building out our rooms with modified rdwc setups.....and look where it got us....haha.

Good to see most things are back in order in your garden...

Wish you the best of luck with the RA and all....they ruined my UC dreams....back to organics
Late
FRESH

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

All things seem to go in cycles. I am back to thinking rockwool. Full circle right there. I just enjoy growing. I will have to master many ways to fulfill my desires.

-TF

S

SofaKingHigh

Happy Halloween!

meh.ro6758.jpg

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Danks, sofaking!

Isn't it amazing how nigga has come so far in the years. Used to be real bad. Now, good shit! Awesome. I love it.

-TF

T

thatgreenstuff

Hey Trich Fan thats awesome that you are doing Jilly beans. I had a pack of subcools gear years ago, I wish I held on to it. Once I get some funds I'm going to have to start a bean collection. Also I took your guys advice and got some calmag plus. I know you said that I should stick with all canna additives but Im hoping to be able to use the hydroplex I have as well. I got a good deal on a gallon so i was hoping to use it if I could. Do you think I should just drop that nute all together. I know snow crash uses the hydroplex with canna a + b . Here is my current recipe.

1st week of flower-
200ppm starting water
Canna coco a+b 10ml gal
silica blast 4ml gal
cal mag plus 4ml gal
liquid karma 8ml gallon
1ml GH rapid start
hydroplex (0-10-6) at 3ml gallon
ppms are at 920 total (500 scale)
I think I'm also going to start adding cannazyme at 8ml gal
Any suggestion on what to keep, drop, or add for the rest of flowering.

Also I should add Im going to be doing a watering with ACTea's weekly. The recipe for that is for the tea is.
Per gallon
1/2 cup of compost or wormcastings
1/2 Tbl alfalfa meal
1 Tbl unsulphured molasses
3ml neptunes harvest (hydrolized fish and seaweed)

TGS

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

TGS,
yeah man, some of the Jillybean phenos are smelling real nice and fruity. It will make for some nice daytime smoke.

As far as the hydroplex, I have no experience with the product so I have no opinion. I do like Botanicaire products, so I would believe it would be worth a shot. I had just run my Canna nutes by the book. That is what I had heard from others, so I stuck to it. Totally not saying your formula will not work. I do have a question about your ppm's. You say your meter is on the Hanna scale. I have Hanna tri-meters, and they are at a .7 scale. Do you know if that is what your meter is on? I have heard from some that their Hanna was on a .5 scale. I had issues before thinking I was on a different scale, so I thought it important to point that out. The nutes look good in general. Are you using any Great White or a myco/fungal product? If not, I would add that to your routine. The tea sounds good as well. Happy growing,

-TF

T

thatgreenstuff

Trich, I have a blue lab ppm pen it can read at 500, 700, or ec. I was just under the impression that the normal ppm scale for hanna and others was 500. As far as myco or beneficial's the only thing im using is the tea. You mentioned a few post's back about not over watering the 5 gal's. I have heard conflicting opinions on the watering for coco. If I were to let it dry out like soil I could be watering once every 3-4 days. I dont have a runoff system set up yet so im not doing runoff drenches every watering. I just do normal hand watering till the pots are heavy, and do a 30-50% runoff drench watering about once every 2 weeks to hopefully get some of the salts out.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Blue Lab is the shit. Best meters in my opinion. I use a Truncheon for all my EC/PPM readings. When they are newer to the container from transplant it is most important to let it dry some, then water. As the roots fill out the media, it can be a bit wetter, and watered more often.

-TF

T

thatgreenstuff

So how long till the Jilly bean's start to flower trich Are you going to do a Journal for those girls too.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Jillybeans are well into flower. I have been a bit busy, but I will get some pics up in another week or so.

-TF

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Nope. Drip to waste. There have been some on this site who have recirculating coco setups. Just use the search tool. Motherlode is one who has for sure.

-TF

H

honda power 420

hey there nice set up and lovely lookin ladies my question is do you find that scrubber attached to that fan actually works to control smell i was thinking about adding one to my room i just dont know if it will make a diff.. thanks

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

The scrubber in the flower room is more for filtration than for smells. My room is sealed, so I want to clean the air in the room constantly. I have a similar scrubber outside the room that I use when I need extra smell protection.

Haven't started any rockwool yet. I am still flowering out everything that I have in coco for now. I will be starting in rockwool the next run. With any luck, I should be in flower with those by mid to late January.

-TF

H

hondapower420

The scrubber in the flower room is more for filtration than for smells. My room is sealed, so I want to clean the air in the room constantly. I have a similar scrubber outside the room that I use when I need extra smell protection.

-TF

rate on man thanks for the response im using a sealed room my self with c02 and ac but my smells starting to get pretty bad im also thinkin about trying a coco run with one of my 4x8's i also appriciate all the usefull info thanks everyone

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sour OG by TrichromeFan...

Whaddup TF! I snapped a few nug shots of your Sour OG from your second run with her. Hope you don't mind me posting some eye candy... The first 2 shots are from your first run and the last 4 are from your second... Excellent work on both! :rock

Sour OG 4resized
Sour OG 5resized
Sour OG R2 0resized
Sour OG R2 1resized
Sour OG R2 2resized
Sour OG R2 3resized
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Hell yeah Shady! Thanks once again for hookin it up on the bug shots!

-TF

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
No worries brah! I do hope you meant nug shots... :D

Top Bottom