Colorado gathering

• Thread starter sky high
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Melizzard

Melizzard

Hey Sput, with all those habaneros, will it kill the rest of us? ;)

xxoo
Melizzard

sky high

sky high

He's double that size now, M....but still damn cute. I forgot what it was like to have a "kid". WTF were we thinking? LOL. Not sure what he is.

It should be fun standing back watching you guys blow fire. I love the spicy stuff but it doesn't love me!

"C'mon, Ice cream!" :winking0067:

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I respect the habanero for sure, Sputnik. I used to have a plant in my kitchen that grew just fine in the window. My buddy was chopping fresh peppers for jelly, and failed to wash his hands before he went to pee... The screams still echo in my head. LOL!
There are quite a few Jamaican nationals who work at the Broadmoor; and many of them live near my 'hood. I've been to two goat-roasts, talk about good stuff!

winta

winta

yea i wanna try the ghost chili heard that was super killa! i love curry goat thats the best and ox tails too yum yum :)

I respect the habanero for sure, Sputnik. I used to have a plant in my kitchen that grew just fine in the window. My buddy was chopping fresh peppers for jelly, and failed to wash his hands before he went to pee... The screams still echo in my head. LOL!
There are quite a few Jamaican nationals who work at the Broadmoor; and many of them live near my 'hood. I've been to two goat-roasts, talk about good stuff!

T

TyKaycha

Ty, where is this jamaican place that serves goat out the back door? That is my kinda place for sure!

I need to have my buddy take me there a couple more times so they get to know me. Once that happens, and they're cool with me bringing others, I'll take ya there. It's usually full of Caribbean Islanders all eating, enjoying a toke and playing cards/dominoes. Good food, good reggae, good people. If you know any of the local reggae promoters, they can also take you. Most of them hang out there.

winta

winta

whoa thats crazy! i had a chili beer before but it didnt have the ghost in it! i might have to try it and like my pops used to say "make my asshole sing" lol :)

R

RMCG

whoa thats crazy! i had a chili beer before but it didnt have the ghost in it! i might have to try it and like my pops used to say "make my asshole sing" lol :)

Pretty sure you're guaranteed a ring of fire...

sky high

sky high

prolly help if I put this in the right thread! Where's my coffee and my doob? Sheesh... LOL

reposted from the Rocky mountain high thread:

Alrighty. We're obviously closin' in fast on this event. Time to start gettin' our proverbial shit together!

I ran back through the thread last night. I'm counting 9 members (and their guests) as saying "I'm coming" and who have then made additional comments/been active in the thread. There are 3-4 others who said they were coming, but they have not commented or added much to the thread since making such a statement.

If you >>>ARE<<< coming....Hell or high water.... put your name in the hat. If you have a firm idea who is coming with you, let's get a count of those folks also.

If yer "on the fence" or have other plans you are trying to jostle and just aren't sure you can make it, please hold off dropping a post here saying you are attending until you are 100% >>>sure<<< it's gonna happen for you. With a POTluck/etc. on the agenda, it just isn't fair to everyone else who is trying to make plans to have folks waffling and wandering about with no clue WTF they are doing. (save that behavior for camp...LOL)

in addition.... if the group gets incredibly large we may check out the campground below the boonie camp I'm looking at now and see if it's deserted/has enough space/privacy/etc.
Especially if there are "facilities".

I'll be 3 strong Friday night...but my wife will have to exit, stage left Sat AM to attend a Mem service for the 20 year old who lost his life rafting last weekend....leaving 2 for Sat

what say you? you IN??? Once we get a list firmed up we'll divvy up who can bring what/etc. Sound good?

s h

R

RMCG

Haha I was wondering about that, but then wondered if I was the one lacking java...

Melizzard

Melizzard

I'm in ... and my BFF Diana too. So two for me ... sans doggies! :) Oh yeah, and I'll be there Fri and Sat nite.

xxoo
Melizzard

PS - will need directions ... very, very CLEAR directions since there won't be no U-turns on a skinny mountain road for ME!

sky high

sky high

Because this side road leads to a fairly popular Summer trailhead/hike up a 14'er.... there are some good directions on a website I found the other day. I'll snag the link and will get em to those who commit shortly, M.

If I can, I'll also post a Google Earth link/screen capture or map to go along with em....

In addition...my plan, like last time...is to again post a few signs on the Hwy. to mark the County Rd. turnoffs into the area. (2 ways to get in depending on if you are coming from Denver or the Springs) I also checked my phone and saw that there was verizon service in the area....so at the very least I'll drop my cell # on folks and guide em in that way....

we'll get ya there one way or another.... fer sure!

s h

true grit

true grit

Sweet. Count me in. Possibly plus 2. We shall see. What are we planning for food? I'm buyin a fishin rod to get down so hopefully that takes care of some mealage...lol.

Sat for sure, quite possibly friday nite as well....

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

I'm still planning to be on the road friday morning. Not sure if bigsur is going to make it this time. I'm thinking I ought to bring my grill and the fixings for elk shish ka bobs. I wanted to smoke a brisket and bring that but the darn weather just hasn't cooperated and now I'm running out of time. See you all next week end.

R

RMCG

Sweet. Count me in. Possibly plus 2. We shall see. What are we planning for food? I'm buyin a fishin rod to get down so hopefully that takes care of some mealage...lol.

Sat for sure, quite possibly friday nite as well....

Remember, it's called 'fishing' not 'catching' for a reason...

Pretty sure that is how vegetarianism started.

:cool

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Remember, it's called 'fishing' not 'catching' for a reason...

Pretty sure that is how vegetarianism started.

:cool

Hilarious, buddy, but when I'm on the set, it IS called "catching"...lol!
Caught up on the last couple episodes of River Monsters last night; looking forward to wetting a line. Hopefully no giant snakeheads in the lake...

winta

winta

im in plus the wife(and prequal baby lol), 2yr old mini me, my cousin and his fiance :)

*should be there friday :icon_spin:

R

RMCG

Caught up on the last couple episodes of River Monsters last night; looking forward to wetting a line. Hopefully no giant snakeheads in the lake...

Those asian snakeheads are crazy!

I'm embarrassed to admit that while I ~was~ an avid fisherman for years, I have yet to drop a line in CO in the 4+ years I've been.

:sick0004:

winta

winta

me and my cousin were watchin that last week when they had the catfish that were eating small children in the amazon :confused0054: lol

Top Bottom