Colorado gathering

• Thread starter sky high
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
true grit

true grit

"a 4 way cross called Kandy Kush".... or the same "Kandy Kush" (og x tw) DNA Genetics offers... and from the pics in the background, pretty representative of the crap in CO getting props.

Feel bad for Medic, cuz while posting my Candy Kush had a grip of others saying they got the same shit... but they got the DNA stuff- not even close.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

yay, those plants in the pic have a fucking mag deficiency. stupid asses go for anything with the name "kush" in it. Well, I'm naming my kush "perplexed kush" just because of shit like this. Next year I'll enter the wizards dick, just so I can show up and watch a bunch of bribed judges smoke some wizards dick and debate the outcome.

Don't fool yourselves, a dirt grow should have won that for sure. I'm sure someone paid a pretty penny for the "award" and the press that comes along with it. The westword does the same thing for their "best of" issue.

I should have known, a generic kush was my second guess.

The scene is getting very depressing if people think that's the best herb on the western slope. It used to be "overgrow the government", now it's "outgrow the douchebags".

I bet they're from cali...

T

TyKaycha

Glad I didn't waste my time checking out either "come-pay-to-win-tion cups.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Well, we were talking about setting up a judging today for sometime in the summer. Open to all legal growers and dispensaries. Random judging where we would pull numbers out of a hat.

When you show up, your med records are copied and put into a numbered folder that goes into a suitcase kept in plain sight (so you know no one is sneaking off and copying your records, just piece of mind). You'll get a number for your folder with your HC info in it. If you would like to be a judge, a copy of your number is put in a hat and drawn at random. 10 judges will be selected, the testing commences, a winner is chosen. At the end of everything or at your request (if you decide to leave early) you can return your number, we'll give your the folder with the coresponding number on it and you can shred it yourself in a booth with our shredder or just throw it on the coals left over from the BBQ. We're thinking of doing it on july 3rd, when edgewater has a huge fireworks show at sloans lake. Free BBQ for patients. I'm smoking a beef shoulder just for the occasion, and I'll have my buddy make some killer ribs. The lake is right accross the street if people get bored. edgewater blocks off some streets and has food and beer vendors a few blocks away.

I don't like the fact some dispensaries are really weird with your HC records. They're your property and some folks don't get that. The local cops can't take your records without a warrant, but the DEA has a blanket warrant to take your HC records. Just so you know, make sure any dispensary that you have been in has destroyed your records if you don't frequent the place often.

Being in health care the LAST thing that I want is some shady shit happening with a patients health care records.

Screw HB 1284!

sky high

sky high

Well, we were talking about setting up a judging today for sometime in the summer. <snip<

When you show up, your med records are copied

Does anyone know why the practice of copying your license/personal info is the "norm" in DispensaryLand when it states on each license that it is illegal to duplicate it? :sign0065:

Why couldn't these (private) events merely hire someone who is contracted/bonded/impartial to check each patient's ID and card to ensure the names match and ensure that only legal patients are allowed on the premises/allowed to participate?

:fubar <<<<<it's definitely a fucked up practice to invade people's personal info time and time again.

s h

CBF

CBF

Supporter
Hey did yall at least have a good smokeout once ya left?

hehe, my bros a light toker, i dont toke near what SH does thats for sure, guys a chimney:D

rolls a phat bone as well.

event was as SH described, they had electical contractors, plumbers, credit card machine sales, dispensary franchises for sale, T shirts, cups blah blah blah, even a company sellin stock, LOL.

best time i had was hangin with SH, great time, he has a excellent sense of humor and timing:D

nice well trimmed dank buds from his garden.

cush camper as well with heat, much needed.

the CO blueberry is dank bud bro, reakin stewin up in the jar.

like the preservation haze quite well too.

CBF

sky high

sky high

I had a great time as well....once we got the fuck out of Aspensary (a.k.a. KiddieLand)!

Yer poor brother... I'm sure he won't need to hear about growing weed for awhile. LOL

Strawberry Hill is dank....hit kinda upfront....then sat me back in the chair. Liked the bug spray too...LOL. Wife liked the B K. Yup..."subjective"...just like we talked about more than once this weekend.

definitely fun stuff....

s h

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I am sorry I missed meeting you guys this past weekend, but I did spend it being HIGHLY productive (pun intended). I got to make my first batch of Phoenix Tears Oil, and I am very excited to give it to my patients for free. With the process I learned this weekend, a pound of good quality trim should produce enough edible oil for almost two full treatments of 60g each. Anyone willing to donate quality trim will get half the oil I produce. The other half I keep will be DONATED to someone in serious medical need.

I truly wish I'd missed something epic, instead of hearing that the Cup was disappointing. Glad you guys made the best of it.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

:fubar <<<<<it's definitely a fucked up practice to invade people's personal info time and time again.

s h

It's on advice from an attorney, so if law enforcement shows up the dispensary can prove that a patient had consented to the temporary caregivership of a dispensary. The dispensary is considered your caregiver while you're on the premesis (supposedly). I'm going to the aspen NORML legal seminar in june, so I'll ask what the deal is with the need for med records to be copied.

I think it's bullshit myself, as there's no real protocol to follow concerning dispensaries and your med records. No common law set in place means attornies interpret the law how they personaly see fit and tell you their interpretation is the protocol to follow.

I don't understand why it can't be a verbal consent, why a dispensary can not just take a look at your red card and allow you to do business.

I believe it's a dispensary covering their ass. If some issue arises with a past patient the dispensary has records of the transaction to bring to court if need be. If you're going to court, you want everything on paper.

So what's the protocol? I dunno. I would like to get to the bottom of it. I don't like the fact dispensaries copy my med records, but then again plenty of doctors have my med records. Doc's comply with HIPPA (or a serious lawsuit ensues), dispensaries don't comply. I would think that dispensaries would comply with HIPPA, but when you get a birthday card from a dispensary in the mail? HIPPA violation for sure. That info isn't supposed to leave that file without your consent or a qualified individual such as your doctor gaining access to check your health history. The file should remain sealed in a locked cabinet in a locked room that a limited number of people have access to until you request your info or show your face at the dispensary again. That info is NOT to be used for marketing purposes like most dispensaries do. I would be PISSED if I got a letter from walgreens telling me I would receive free cream for my genital warts on my birthday. It's invasive and completely unnecessary. I even got a phone call from a dispensary asking me if I liked the meds. It really makes me sick that some dispensaries consider themselves something remotely close to health care with the kind of unprofessional behavior that I have witnessed.

S H what do you think? I believe that HC info is being abused by most dispensaries. I'm sure if you mentioned HIPPA to most dispensaries, the response would be "Is that an Indica or a Sativa?". There are many health care issues that need to be resolved in the MMJ market. One of the big issues is that dispensaries need to be HIPPA compliant with their health care info.

My biggest concern is the blanket warrant the DEA has to seize all records from a dispensary and start comming after patients and caregivers, BUT they can do this with the CDPHE and get your red card info just as easily.

sky high

sky high

It's BS...and I personally believe they copy the info to have CARDS to cover their plant counts...whether you agree to such an agreement or not. The more cards they have the more patients they "serve"....in theory...'covering' the large amounts of weed some of these places have on hand. It's all a joke.

Should be just like a liquor store or pharmacy purchase....i,e..... you mererly show your D/L or other valid picture ID and your card....and BAM...you SHOULD be good to go. These other places don't copy your info. All they need is a qualified/trusted employee on site who can check ID's.... not to mention you are on SECURITY CAMERA @ most..if not all establishments these days...which is also a record of the purchase/who made the purchase/etc.

What amazed me are the #'s of folks who simply signed the paperwork in Aspen w/no question...and no obvious care as to WHO or WHERE the info eventually ended up. Because the "caregivership" you were signing over ended Sunday @ 5pm...my guess is that all of the patient info ended up in the DUMPSTER of one of the hotels who hosted the event sometime monday AM....

that, or somebody is gonna be buying a buncha cards and stamps this holiday season....

One thing I wanna point out. Yes, plenty of DOCTORS have our medical records...as do insurance companies and other entities reelated to the medical feild. I personally DON'T see MMJ as being in the same category (Health Care) and while ALL Doctors and many others take oaths and have ETHICAL STANDARDS that are followed in their industry..."dispensaries' are merely stoners with NO MEDICAL EDUCATION MAKING UP "RULES" as they go...copying info...offering "edible variances" >upfrfont< to the stated plant counts in A-20...basically running all over the Amendment....and sadly...making A LOT of "patients" believe they have more "rights" here in Colorado than they actually do and thsat things are sweeter here than they actually are. In truth, ALL of these folks with counts over 3/3 per card are growing illegally and being fooled into believing they are protected by these unregulated businesses...aka "dispensaries".

I'm done with 'em.

s h

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I second that, Sky. I have no need for a dispensary any more, in any way. My patients get most of the meds I produce- and I now have a better way of using excess instead of selling it to con artists with storefronts.

100_0866.JPG

Pure essential oil of cannabis- all alkaloids, terpenoids, chlorophyll, and cannabinoids. This is the true healing mmj. www.phoenixtears.ca

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

That's a very good point to mention that your purchases are on camera. That should be enough record on its own, but I'll ask at the dispensary why they do it.

Ethical standards are inversely proportional to profiteering. There are no ethical standards or code of ethics followed in this industry. I would LOVE to see that change. There has always been the people like Tim Tipton who have worked against what most of us would like. An industry with a code of ethics. If this industry had ANY ethics at all, you might see more people doing what altitude is doing and donating quality meds to the people who need them most.

That's REDICULOUS dispensaries throw your med records in the dumpster or use them for marketing purposes.

I believe that while dispensaries are not directly involved in the health care industry (more involved in "alternative" therapy), dispensaries are handling health care medical records and need to follow ethical standards and guidelines set in place in the health care industry. It's a great model to adapt, as it has worked well in the HC industry.

It really comes down to the standards of a dispensary. If they have no standards, then they should not bother make copies of your records. If they do have standards, then follow HIPPA guidelines and ethical standards.

I would LOVE to see a HIPPA lawsuit filed against a dispensary. It would scare the dipshits into proper handling of your records.

Anyway, I feel I'm clogging the thread here so I'll make a new post up after this regarding HC and ethical standards in CO MMJ. I am designing a dispensary model for my thesis in health care management from metro state of denver, so I love the input S H and from anyone else. Part of it is going to include some non-profit work for debilitated patients, basically doing what altitude is doing and taking all the trim from the warehouse, making it into PTO, and starting qualified debilitated patients on a PTO medication cycle observed by a legit MD. All of that would be funded for free by the dispensary. A sin tax is inevitable at some point, and if I can get this model in action and working before the sin tax, I am hoping that this program can be an alternative to the tax to bennefit the community directly. Give dispensaries a choice to either run a program such as this or pay a sin tax, basically forcing dispensaries to help the community they have so quickly neglected.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I second that, Sky. I have no need for a dispensary any more, in any way. My patients get most of the meds I produce- and I now have a better way of using excess instead of selling it to con artists with storefronts.

100_0866.JPG

Pure essential oil of cannabis- all alkaloids, terpenoids, chlorophyll, and cannabinoids. This is the true healing mmj. www.phoenixtears.ca

hell fuckin yeah! That's what I'm talking about right there. That's the real deal. PTO is what debilitated people need. The fact that you're donating it is awesome.

It's an honor to blog with compassionate folks like altitude. that picture speaks for itself. You're looking at someone being saved from cancer. I can't say enough good things about that altitude, you're the man.

T

TyKaycha

Unfortunately I don't think dispensaries can be sued under HIPAA as I don't think they fall under it's guidelines. When I go into work tonight & if I have time, I'll doublecheck with the info we have at work.
I do agree that there isn't any reason dispensaries need to copy paperwork. I mean I can walk into a liquor store, flash my ID, and walk out with alcohol. Should be the same way. I understand if they have an agreement form for someone to initial, stating things like "I will not use product in or around premises" "I will not distribute purchased product" etc... I think that's fine, and would probably do the same thing. The places that have something like 2-4 different so-called HIPAA forms, each basically the same but supposedly different because it references different parties (such DA, LEO, etc..) is just bullshit. I usually just cross out those parties, mark N/A next to each, cross any reference to allowing them to share info with anyone and only allow them to verify my registration.

There really needs to be a 24 Hour registration verification line. Maybe someone needs to take the initiative and create one. Maybe free or nearly free for patients to join, and a monthly service charge for dispensaries to use.

true grit

true grit

It really comes down to the standards of a dispensary. If they have no standards, then they should not bother make copies of your records. If they do have standards, then follow HIPPA guidelines and ethical standards.

I would LOVE to see a HIPPA lawsuit filed against a dispensary. It would scare the dipshits into proper handling of your records.

Still think they could find a way around a lawsuit. Would it scare em, hell yeah, it needs to. But they aren't following any standard to be in violation of, people are just handing shit over.

true grit

true grit

Ty- you are correct. Its designed for healthcare providers etc, not alternative therapy businesses that don't need medical info on file. The list says who "HIPAA" applies too, and don't think these people are even on the plateau of who its targeted at.

sky high

sky high

Gettin' 'r back on track.....

With May fast approaching....it's HIGH time :rasta2: to start getting yer campin' shit together :mysterymachine: and curing up those headies :harvest: fo' the 2010 Rocky Mountain Smokeout!

:sun2: :party: :rauch08: :sun2:

Bring your Freak Flag and Waive it HIGH!!!!

Rocky mountain high 2010

Latest posts

Top Bottom