Commercialization of Cannabis

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

no i use synthetics myself and think they work great. We obviously will not see eye to eye on this and IMO, is representative of the schism that will be happening more in this industry. I would most definitely argue the 30pk of Coors statement because I and many others don't and will not drink a Coors or smoke midshelf nug. There are many that do though and should keep the big guys happy enough.
All I wanted to offer my forum family is a glimpse inside what I am witnessing... Some of these corporate room builds are on a completely different level with the most efficient technology on the market.

I ran this thread by a coworker and several of his clients (again comparing this to beer) are brewing small batches of per flavor, like Sam Adam's, if the feedback and testing on the end batch is positive they mimic that vat in multiple small batches. Each batch or room is integrated into automated computer programming so that it will produce exactly the same quality product.

As I stated before I will continue to offer insight on how the big guys are setting things up..

To address our ability for continued profit, I feel Goo is dead on, you need to create a Brand, and build that hype. But best believe a transition is on the horizon and for those of us wanting to cash out on this bubble before it bursts need to have a plan in place.

R

redlife215

I doubt it goo, the prices just won't make it worth the little guy growing. And it's not about what cutting edge shit they got its about the millions and millions that they will have to pour into creating the perfect rooms for flower clone and mothers, and the fact that they can hire as many workers as they want. And believe it or not plants don't need human interaction to be super bomb, if u have a+ gene tics in an a+ grow room where the plant wants foe nothing then the plant will be just as good as a place t that gets hugged everyday

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

@GR33NL3AF im glad you made this thread but could you give us a lil more insight to what these "big clients " are doing that makes them so cutting edge? Is it that they just have really good environmental controls and use real scientists as their growers? Or is there some other tech we are not aware of?
Infrared laser equipment in the dry/cure room which reads the weight of the product as it dries...Current Culture systems that run in a massive loop, each pass the water is filtered, sterilized and re-introduced to the root zone...Facial Recognition software directed at the street which will attach the image of your face and license plate and store them on a secure hard drive...Science division working with each strain to pre-determine it's potency and yield before going into flower...This is just a few examples, their environment and controlling software is second to none and what they are doing with the product post harvest is the most interesting but I can't share that information yet.. This company will be fully operational shortly and when they are I will offer more insight.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

@redlife215 I juss made the human comment bcuz my drip grows on timers with a room I cant get 2 never do as good as my room where I hand water & inspect every single plant by hand.. the hand watered plants ALWAYS kill the other grows. .. not all plants will feed the same & my personal attention I can give each plant gives them a edge on the drip grows ... plus timers, hoses, & shit fails & if a human aint there 2 fix it fast there fucked.. im only talkin bout my grows. .

But I can see what ur sayin.. if everything is dialed then it should work like clock work but we know that dont happen... fancy new equipment fails & we usually go back 2 old school ways 2 fix the new broken shit..LOL

If the big boys can produce buds as good or better then me for only $2 a gram & sold at Walmart>>>>>> I dont think id b mad.. that would b fuckin sick as fuck 2 get a few grams of cookies like I grow at walmart 4 super cheap... the only reason I grow my own is bcuz its hard 2 find top notch quality dank in my town 4 super cheap.. I can get a better deal if I grow it... flip a few zips & do it again... my profit is dank . My own killer dank..

When ur talkin bout the lil guy im guessing ur not talkin bout me >> a tiny personal grower that grows only 4 the love of the plant.. ur prolly talkin bout what I consider a big grow>>>>> more then 1 light & actually payin all the bills with that grow?

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

I would most definitely shut down my personal grow if I could be buying a wide variety of quality buds at a decent price. And if I was selling to pay bills, my customers would most definitely be going for the variety as well. There won't be any cut corners with the big guys. And a fully automated room with no human contact and a perfect environment free of any pest will probably be blowing my "head stash" outta the water as well.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It is your problem because you think the goal of every home grower is to profit and its flat out wrong. Also strongly disagree that the average American can't afford to power HID lights. Growing for personal consumption is insanely cheap when done right and efficient. Plus you are again assuming HID lights is what all home growers will use for years to come, also not true. You are making baseless claims as if they are industry trends in a still highly criminalized industry. This thread is laughable. I can make just as many arguments that the margins for the commercial growers will be sliced dramatically and there won't be any room for much profit except for the select few that blow it up with the best exclusive genetics. There is no way to predict what will happen with this industry, it is not like any other product or commodity on the market period. All these 1000 light grows on the sidelines you speak of could tank and lose millions just as easy as they could make millions and change the industry.
I know you disagree, but GR33N is being very respectful. Let's keep the debate friendly, please. :)

Tuku

Tuku

It'll only be a matter of time before GM hits commercial grows. Once every and any aspect of the plant's phenotype can be adjusted according to want, elite strains and "master growers" will become obsolete. An unlimited budget combined with an unlimited profit potential will mean changes more rapid than we'll be able to keep abreast of. Throw the pharma industry into the mix and what need will there be for home growers? If levels of cannabinoids can be grown to meet specific requirements, and same with terpene levels and so on, then breeding and "connoisseur" grade buds won't mean much. Big businesses can afford to produce a range of grades, from shit to best and corner every possible buyer market.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

It'll only be a matter of time before GM hits commercial grows. Once every and any aspect of the plant's phenotype can be adjusted according to want, elite strains and "master growers" will become obsolete. An unlimited budget combined with an unlimited profit potential will mean changes more rapid than we'll be able to keep abreast of. Throw the pharma industry into the mix and what need will there be for home growers? If levels of cannabinoids can be grown to meet specific requirements, and same with terpene levels and so on, then breeding and "connoisseur" grade buds won't mean much. Big businesses can afford to produce a range of grades, from shit to best and corner every possible buyer market.
Exactly! Well said Tuku!

Purpz

Purpz

Whatever happens, it'll be interesting to see what happens with big pharma. What products will they make? Will they make buds obsolete? The potential for e-cigarette type products with X mg of THC or X mg of CBD and flavored with any number of aromatics is large. I suspect it will come down to what is permissible by the FDA at the end of the day.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Whatever happens, it'll be interesting to see what happens with big pharma. What products will they make? Will they make buds obsolete? The potential for e-cigarette type products with X mg of THC or X mg of CBD and flavored with any number of aromatics is large. I suspect it will come down to what is permissible by the FDA at the end of the day.
You've got the right idea. This is something that has been discussed for sometime now, appropriate doses of THC/CBD for different illnesses. Flowers will be obsolete and what one company in particular is working on will blow your mind...

ethnoman

ethnoman

Unfortunately I'm with the side that see small scale growers being pushed out. Happens with every other crop, don't see why it'll be different with cannabis. Maybe a few people with be able to eke out a living, but I think the glory days are soon to be gone. Legalization would never have seen selling cannabis as lucrative as it is/was with prohibition.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

You've got the right idea. This is something that has been discussed for sometime now, appropriate doses of THC/CBD for different illnesses. Flowers will be obsolete and what one company in particular is working on will blow your mind...
This I don't agree with. I have been trying many of the "clear" concentrates with added terpenes and it just does not cut it for me, in fact even the best shatter and wax does not do what a flower does. I have to think that there is much more going on with the flower than science is aware of, at least to my knowledge yet.

If you are speaking of something outside of clear or concentrate makers turning the flower market obsolete please elaborate.

rollon

rollon

he who has the gold makes the rules. After big business and the politicians they pay off have there say what makes u think that u even get to compete. The golden era of growing is coming to an end. sorta depressing even typing that sentence.

purpleberry

purpleberry

When it goes legal and huge grows are run by big companies, I think your going to see how easy it really can be to produce top self nugs, IF that is what they want to do and if that is what the customers buy.
If they grow outdoor and or greenhouses to produce a product that is bought up and good enough, thats what they will do.
If the market does demand top shelf indoor, I feel confident that anyone with half a brain can put together the right people to make it happen. There will be consulting companies telling everyone how to do it.
I don't think you will see $2 gram wholesale for a long time. But I bet I could get rich off $2 gram and a warehouse with 1000 lights.

Puffntuff

Puffntuff

Smoking flowers will be pure recreational. Big business will be going a totally different route. You'll prolly see some of those listerine dissolve strips with a certain dose of cbd or thc. I think the fresh juiced market will be huge.

Stalks

Stalks

Super excited to see the innovations that pop up over the next decade especially since it has absolutely zero medicinal value ;)

Living in a place 100% illegal this type of talk is honestly crazy to me. I remember in the early 2000's everyone was saying "this shit'll be legal by 2010" and that shit still hasn't changed. I don't see large corps. Getting into the trafficking game either so for now they can have their side of the country lol

Top Bottom