Crop K. Seeds Black Domina 4x4 DWC

• Thread starter ninjadip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ninjadip

ninjadip

To answer your question

View attachment 1295310

Far red is that little strip of red between 700nm and iR. So right next to each other. But iR does nothing for the plant except heat it. Most growers do not want that as heat is usually the issue more than cold with small spaces and big lights.
Nice so 730nm diodes is the sweet spot for far red or more like 715nm?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Honestly that comes down to physics and what is possible with an led currently.

You have a 730ish light. I would not rely on what the manufacturer is saying there exactly.

715 730 whatever it takes. The plants don’t care. What matters is the spike in that range.

ninjadip

ninjadip

ok. got a new foliar formula. Fulvic is a great foliar application during bloom i've read.. It is hard to find a good source it seems that isolates the fulvic from the humic, and it not a gimmicky powder substance. (youtube fake fulvic powder on amazon to see what i'm talking about).
Both are ph stabilized which is a nice consideration from both products as well. So the solution will not fluctuate its ph too much in your bottle over time.

Bloom City: Clean Kelp
and
Morning Star: Fulvic Minerals

Clean Kelp:
I know kelp/algae is great for plants, i found this bottle that has 7 algae/kelp varieties instead of only the one popular, ascophyllum nodosum. I like that is USA based, has an ingredient list, and isn't crazy priced.

Fulvic Minerals:
I like the idea that this is such a pure grade product that is actually recommended for human consumption and as a foliar feed second.
(Foliar Sprays: 20 – 30 mL/1 gallon)

PXL 20221022 233353032

Look at all of these minerals and amino acids!!!! 😍😍I see a couple gems I know and love, Molybdenum, Selenium, and Manganese just to name a few.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Fabricated window exhaust over the weekend. Took a blow torch, epoxy, insulation foam, gorilla tape, 6 to 8" converter

Seems to have perfect seal with window. Been using it for 1 hour and oh it feels so good in here now.

Picture is of outdoor side. Put a louvre on there I think it's called.

This might backfire, idk. But installed this to keep wife happy, and to lower temp swings.

PXL 20221024 202410585
ninjadip

ninjadip

Fabricated window exhaust over the weekend. Took a blow torch, epoxy, insulation foam, gorilla tape, 6 to 8" converter

Seems to have perfect seal with window. Been using it for 1 hour and oh it feels so good in here now.

This might backfire, idk. But installed this to keep wife happy, and to lower temp swings.
Ok. So today is the first full day of using external exhaust. I am finally able to get my temps down :)

Apartment : 70f
Lung Room: peak 74f, lights off 70f RH 56%
4x4 Tent: peak 75f, low 71f RH: 61%

Dehumidifier is on standby to lower lung room humidity, just started 1st week of flower, so i'm still digging the humidity above 50.
There is a small amount of heat/humidity added to lung room from 2x2 being vented to room. This combination might be advantageous.
My VPD chart says that's a little over 1, if I take 2 degrees off ambient air to calculate for leaf temp. Not sure if this last step is already calculated in chart or not.

So far my expectations with the exhaust have been met. When I came in from work today, the air was super fresh, and the apartment is noticeably more comfortable heat wise. Will get a controller for fan before winter comes. Winter is coming

ninjadip

ninjadip

Took this while cleaning up some under growth and just loved the branch structure of this one! 😍

A lot of the side ones have been cut to maintain shape needed to not overcrowd neighboring plants.

Zoomed in that main trunk knot is insane!!! bad ass

ninjadip

ninjadip

@PerfecTrader what's up??? Was wondering what you were up to when you hit my thread up lol

I need to check up on yours, been busy af today at work.

Hey do you foliar feed? And if so what do you use? Just curious

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

@PerfecTrader what's up??? Was wondering what you were up to when you hit my thread up lol

I need to check up on yours, been busy af today at work.

Hey do you foliar feed? And if so what do you use? Just curious
Yo bud. Hard to see the light of day when you are covered in keef 🤣
4 strain grow is already in the books. Been so high I stopped updating 🤣 am on to 6 plant purple dragon balls regs in 1 tent and eventually a Dark Phoenix in the other, give or take some clones. Never foliat fed but thinkin I should. My current grow is acting like needs it. Trying to learn to SST with alfalfa to use as foliar

ninjadip

ninjadip

When you're bored at work and tired of doing the math every time you mix nutrients. I made this for mL for my 5gallon dwc, which is filled to around 4gal.

PXL 20221102 192237608
Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Update, I just started week 2! Got bud sites forming all around

This is supposed to be a low stretcher, and so far is true. I expect another foot max out of the tallest one up front, however rarely does life meet expectations lol

View attachment 1298820
Beautiful jungle you got going hahaha. Will you be defoliating and scrog going at all?

ninjadip

ninjadip

Beautiful jungle you got going hahaha. Will you be defoliating and scrog going at all?
Oh no scrog, got too much as it is. I'm still waiting a bit more to defoliate more. Waiting for that last stretch to see where they are at then.
Right now I'm just removing the lower zone. I think I over defoliated last time so I'm trying something different this time

But as the grow progresses further into bloom I plan on trimming progressively but slowly

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

So what was the blow torch for? To light that fatty when you were done?

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Oh no scrog, got too much as it is. I'm still waiting a bit more to defoliate more. Waiting for that last stretch to see where they are at then.
Right now I'm just removing the lower zone. I think I over defoliated last time so I'm trying something different this time

But as the grow progresses further into bloom I plan on trimming progressively but slowly
If I have the space I lst, I don’t like to defoliate. But when it’s this cramp I will slowly like you said. Do you harvest the top colas and let secondaries ripen or harvest the whole plant?

ninjadip

ninjadip

If I have the space I lst, I don’t like to defoliate. But when it’s this cramp I will slowly like you said. Do you harvest the top colas and let secondaries ripen or harvest the whole plant?
This is only my second grow, so I don't have a style yet. I want to use the tent to dry because it's temp controlled, but if needed it will be cold enough here at harvest to do in the room too, I think.

Yeah so I got too many plants, I ordered this 4 dwc bucket thing on Amazon and they shipped me the 8 without realizing it. I figured since I have so many I might as well use them lol big mistake 😂😂

Next time 4-5

ninjadip

ninjadip

i'm not sure, i'll have to wait and make my best decision then.

but i don't mind the idea of some buds being more ripe than others at harvest, as long as the majority are primo.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

i'm not sure, i'll have to wait and make my best decision then.

but i don't mind the idea of some buds being more ripe than others at harvest, as long as the majority are primo.
Definitely be watching until the end bro, can’t wait to be in flower stage like you. Hope everything goes well for you ✌🏼

ninjadip

ninjadip

Definitely be watching until the end bro, can’t wait to be in flower stage like you. Hope everything goes well for you ✌🏼
Thanks man, I hope so. I got some new stuff I'm trying out and they seem to like it

It'll be interesting to see the difference between this tent and the other with the same strain but in a scrog

Top Bottom