Curmudgeonland...home Of The Old Farts Club

• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
G gnome

G gnome

correct, that would be pollen chucking, big difference from breeding true. Thats why folks that are coming out with new strains every other month arent spending the time to get the line to breed true & stable. Locking down positive traits. Out of 5 sdubb x querkle females I did have one hermie that I kept up pretty well pulling random sacks but a few branches did get fertilized. The other 4 didnt show any intersex traits at all...... What @rmoltis must have got some of the seeds from that one pheno.

All that said, it was stellar frosty smoke. :):fire: But as you mentioned @G gnome I also have no patience for unstable genetics. Time is money and it can set a farmer back months when we pop strains that arent stable and true breeding.

To close I'm not sure it was the genetics as much as heat related stress that was out of my control. But it only seemed to affect 1 of the ladies.

Im not bjyin the heat thing......they shudnt do it cuz it got hot

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Party on, Wayne`s World.
Good morning OFC, how`s it hangin`? Today, so far, so good, as far as the temps go this morning. Cooled off yesterday, sure felt good. Have had 10 indoor garden`s, all multiple strains, and only 1 plant ever hermied on me. It was a free seed. I blamed it on the soil it was in, as it would not dry out. I had bought some new "super soil" at the Cup, that supposedly would not need any nutes added through out the entire grow. The only thing it didn`t need was water. I use a moisture meter every day to check `em out. That one plant was never watered and never dried out. The web site would not accept an email. The following summer, at the Cup, I tried to talk to the peeps at their booth, but once they heard my complaint they stopped talking to me and walked away. Tried to approach them later in the day. He saw me coming and walked away before I got there. That`s the way it goes, I guess.
Back to the daily business at hand, the OFC morning ritual. That being the morning "wake n bake" session. So, get a cup of coffee, pack a bowl and here we go. Puff, puff, cough and pass to ya.

giggy

giggy

morning everybody. i read through a bit and have something to say about all these new strains. it seems to me all this inner breeding and crosses we have really lost a lot. i'm 55 and the first plant that i grew that finished i was 14 (before that they never finished and everything got smoked and i could have been 13 even) we had a one arm man in the hood (1/2 mile or more away) that showed me how to grow after he found my plants and scared the living shit out of me. i never had a herm that i remember till about 15 years ago and it seems that our plants have lost their resistance to mold and diseases. i have had more bud rot in the last 15 years then i ever had and i grew outdoors in texas and the deep south in general, and very humid was the norm. i'm starting to steer away from fems cause of the herms and am looking into trying to find some old true land race strains. hell with it lets have another cup of coffee and pack another bowl.

G gnome

G gnome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom