Cutting grow let’s go!

• Thread starter Bdubs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bdubs

These have been in veg for 7-8 weeks in a 2x2 tent with a MarsHydro TS 600 LED light. This light is hot. It took a while to manage the temperature but got it under control.

The start of these cuttings was weird. Acquired from another individual. I feel like cuttings enjoy what their mother was given at the time of their cut, after developing roots. They were fussy all the way until I found what nutrient concentration they really wanted.

Yeah, I have a manifold single girl working that will remain in veg through this whole grow of cuttings. She is healthy and I have upgraded her situation to a mini hydro setup. She is cruising for a 32+ top. Whatever she gets to, let’s go.

Transferred cutting to their respective hydro setup. Rock wool with clay beads below to allow some root extraction during veg. Clay beads below and filling the sides for the net pots in hydro buckets.

Nutrients locked in and lights at max for their veg cycle after transfer. Tips taking some burn but I like it like that.

One has had some light stress/heat stress and is working it out in her new spot (lower right) as she is spreading and beginning to lay flat.

They are on a 2nd stage early grow 720-740PPm nutrient mix. They will be upped to 3rd stage early grow 900ppm when they acclimate after a couple weeks.

Light intensity is 50%/67000 Lux with a single SP4000 light.

They will veg for another 3-4 weeks at least.

Upgraded to thicker air hoses, GH dual diaphragm air pumps, and nano air stones for finer bubbles.

May the journey begin.

Cutting grow lets go
Cutting grow lets go 2
Cutting grow lets go 3
Cutting grow lets go 4
Cutting grow lets go 5
Cutting grow lets go 6
Cutting grow lets go 7
Cutting grow lets go 8
Cutting grow lets go 9
Cutting grow lets go 10
Cutting grow lets go 11
B

Bdubs

I have been treating grow blocks with Hydrogen Peroxide/Ph water mix to kill and manage fungus and algae. Also, used in the mix for maximum control of any gnat possibilities as it should kill any eggs if they want to impede.

Running 81 peak temps with outside temps of 100-105. Humidity is a consistent 60.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
These have been in veg for 7-8 weeks in a 2x2 tent with a MarsHydro TS 600 LED light. This light is hot. It took a while to manage the temperature but got it under control.

The start of these cuttings was weird. Acquired from another individual. I feel like cuttings enjoy what their mother was given at the time of their cut, after developing roots. They were fussy all the way until I found what nutrient concentration they really wanted.

Yeah, I have a manifold single girl working that will remain in veg through this whole grow of cuttings. She is healthy and I have upgraded her situation to a mini hydro setup. She is cruising for a 32+ top. Whatever she gets to, let’s go.

Transferred cutting to their respective hydro setup. Rock wool with clay beads below to allow some root extraction during veg. Clay beads below and filling the sides for the net pots in hydro buckets.

Nutrients locked in and lights at max for their veg cycle after transfer. Tips taking some burn but I like it like that.

One has had some light stress/heat stress and is working it out in her new spot (lower right) as she is spreading and beginning to lay flat.

They are on a 2nd stage early grow 720-740PPm nutrient mix. They will be upped to 3rd stage early grow 900ppm when they acclimate after a couple weeks.

Light intensity is 50%/67000 Lux with a single SP4000 light.

They will veg for another 3-4 weeks at least.

Upgraded to thicker air hoses, GH dual diaphragm air pumps, and nano air stones for finer bubbles.

May the journey begin.
Nice roots in those cubes! Manifold setup looks great, can’t wait to see the 32+ topper!

B

Bdubs

Nice roots in those cubes! Manifold setup looks great, can’t wait to see the 32+ topper!
Thanks. If I can even get her ther
thanks dude. If they even get to that. The plan is to try to get them topped as much as I can in the tent, hopefully enough room in there for the whole grow of the cuttings. Then, use a 10 gallon porcelain flower pot as its sole container. Cutting those new leads should slow its grow process down a bit to stretch its time out. I’ll veg in the flower room as long as needed to get the leaf count and size I want before flipping. It is getting her to stay relative to the tent that will be my challenge. Letting some topped growth stretch and possibly spread them wide could save some space. We shall see.

B

Bdubs

I gave them some fresh food. Increased light intensity by 10% every day for 3 days, at 80%. I noticed a big increase to growth in that time frame. Pushed flower today mid day. Short day and and an early sleep light schedule set. They are getting pretty tall, roughly 22” before push. LST in my future.

PPM was meant to go to 900. After analyzing their tips, they are primed on 750PPM and liking it without damage. Keeping 750/850 through grow from here.

I’ll increase intensity to 100% with 5% increments every other day until maxed out. As long as they look like they can handle the intensity I’ll lower lights and maintain 24” throughout stretch phase.

Pictures abound as I work it.

B

Bdubs

Ok. So I’ve kept 80% and not changed light intensity. They seem to be ok with that, with a little stress acclimation going on. Light distance at 30” as they have showed some stress. Still trucking and have not altered anything.

Nutrients will stay the same through the 2nd week of flowering. Then, I’ll switch to stages and adjustments.

12 tops on the project right now. She is doing a back and forth growth game on me right now, so I’ll play that game and work it. I skipped a node on one side and that’s why she is doing her thing. But so far so good. 32 is imminent.

IMG 6749
IMG 6747
IMG 6748
B

Bdubs

I think my CO2 bag is done with. I may plop a new bag in tomorrow and allow her to take the light better. It has turned white and crusty, time to swap to a new bag.
Although I am running lower temps, CO2 helps with the plants ability to take the intensity of LED lighting. I may be able to camp it up after I introduce a better flow of CO2.

B

Bdubs

P.S. my pictures are all beginning of their day, when lights come on. So they say seem droopy and unhappy. But they are always starting their day in my photos.

B

Bdubs

Also, I have been doing cuttings since i began my endeavors. I’ll be honest and say that I would prefer from feminized seed every grow. Cuttings are a pain in the ass and always present problems or issues. From seed, I feel they acclimate fast and take what they are given. Cuttings are fussy bitches.

B

Bdubs

It seems I forgot to mention who these girls are.

3x White Runtz
1x Gelato

I am not 100% sure the crosses. I’ll have to try and make out the writing on my labels to post their other half.

B

Bdubs

I noticed a foul smell and root discoloration in one plants bucket.
I swapped hydrogen peroxide with HydroGuard and spray the blocks with Ph balanced water with it as well.
Algae from the blocks during the switch cause Ph drops. Treated blocks heavy with HydroGuard and flushed them out with it.

Swapped to Mid bloom nutrient feed after all corrections.
Ph is balanced for the past couple days.

Trim on the veg. + additional LST after photo.

IMG 6972
IMG 6973
IMG 6974
Z

Zatoichi

Do you remove lower growth on young plants or is it dying. Are you using heisenberg tea or sterile DWC?

Top Bottom