Cutting grow let’s go!

• Thread starter Bdubs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bdubs

Do you remove lower growth on young plants or is it dying. Are you using heisenberg tea or sterile DWC?
3rd week I chopped lower growth. If they are dying from it I’d be surprised.
I have not had issues with needing to sterilize my mix or use teas.
No smells after second day of adding hydroguard and root colors have turned to normal color (as normal as Floralicious allows them to be).
I had a full week of intense heat where bucket temps were 81 and room temps were 77.
Since swap heat wave is gone and bucket temps are 74 consistently.

I assume this was all due to the prolonged water temps, algae from the rockwool and bacteria from some contamination the bucket. These were in their buckets for 5ish weeks before any signs of this and only happened on the 5th day of heat wave.

It may have been anything in the bucket that spurred bacteria growth. Leaf trimmings, dirt, dead bugs. As long as she stays stable from here I am sure they will be good without repeated treatment plans like chlorine or bubble teas.

What do you think?

Z

Zatoichi

3rd week I chopped lower growth. If they are dying from it I’d be surprised.
I have not had issues with needing to sterilize my mix or use teas.
No smells after second day of adding hydroguard and root colors have turned to normal color (as normal as Floralicious allows them to be).
I had a full week of intense heat where bucket temps were 81 and room temps were 77.
Since swap heat wave is gone and bucket temps are 74 consistently.

I assume this was all due to the prolonged water temps, algae from the rockwool and bacteria from some contamination the bucket. These were in their buckets for 5ish weeks before any signs of this and only happened on the 5th day of heat wave.

It may have been anything in the bucket that spurred bacteria growth. Leaf trimmings, dirt, dead bugs. As long as she stays stable from here I am sure they will be good without repeated treatment plans like chlorine or bubble teas.

What do you think?
Was wondering why no lower growth. I have ordered clones recently from 2 companies and both were severely infected with mold that leads to death. It causes stem canker, and if growth dies from bottom up, that is sign. Also thought it was RDWC but now those lines look like air lines. Good to see you know light getting to water causes problems. Also like your lids. That is what I did. You can start flood and drain then place that into lid. I did full RDWC setup, before moving to coco in air pots. I had heater in reservoir set to 68 and dropped in 2 liter soda bottles filled with water and frozen in the summer.

B

Bdubs

Nice.
These cuts were pre flowered when I received them. I picked them up from a buddy in solo cups.

I would be very skeptical of buying any clones from anywhere, personally. I hear a lot of stories of major issues. I’ve also seen what happens when you have to chase problems that you didn’t expect or can’t identify from your own processes (first ever runs and not knowing a lick about what I was doing, same thing right 😂). It is a nightmare to figure out what is happening.

Seed for me after this, but I will say, these are strong genetics and I can see why my buddy chose to clone this pheno with a mother plant. Very smelly. Bud sights are less plethora but the end product is knock your socks off, slap in the face potency potential. I have another buddy who grew these same clones before I snagged some up and he picked them super early at week 6 and it was still killer smoke.

Funny story; I have an old school grower at work who I share my progress with and take some notes from sometimes. He is a “let it go” kinda dude. I keep him in the loop. He thought for weeks I was topping and “murdering” my plants to get more tops to have an “even canopy with so much top growth….He gave me a lot of shit. He also mentioned at that time that he only vegges for 2 weeks. 😮 nah my dude, these are clones vegged for a long ass time and all I did as train them to do what I wanted them to. Of course his mouth dropped and said he has never had clones get that big. Anyways, shit made me laugh. So I tried some of his bud…I only got a slight buzz for 20 minutes and I was looking for My bag. I have his stuff away because I couldn’t justify smoking what seemed to be better looking shwag with no seeds. This cat is about to find out what patience in the grow room gets you and not looking for quick returns.

B

Bdubs

Back to your comment though 😮‍💨. I have thought about RDWC. I would like to try it at some point and extend my knowledge and options. Once I take a break after winter I may be seeking you out for some advice though. Extend that knowledge, you know.

B

Bdubs

I said clones. Not the same thing. Lol this is what good bud does to you. Mixing up key words. 😆

B

Bdubs

KC Wolf from RedBeard Seeds is in veg. Just popped Calyx’. 15 gallon tote being used for single run 24 top girl when ready for flower.
KC Wolf on 880 PPM and will vamp up to heavy feed schedule.

1/2 gallon per bucket every day for current run. Running light nutrient cycle of GH custom schedule.
Current 700-750PPM feed throughout.

Light is 18”. Due to cooler weather running 75 top leaf temps during the day and 68 qt night.

End of 5th week.

B

Bdubs

KC Wolf is supposed to be heavy and high yield. We shall see. During drying I will separate with black out drapes and start KC in a veg state 18/6 to acclimate light intensity and light change. 4 air stones will be used in single 15 gal tote. Will wrap in reflective bubble wrap. One girl one massive cup. Looking to LST and Manually spread area as much as possible before push.

B

Bdubs

7-8 week veg on KC, At the moment. She will eat 4-500ml bottles per 24 hours. Ph drop handled, due to root area per bucket size..she will need that space to expand root area.

Root area vs 5 gal bucket, pretty big area. Ph drop from early algae growth, from humidity drip is imminent. Leveling PH daily and running smooth. (Don’t let your rockwool clocks see light during veg! Or PH checks daily and adjustment required).

Remember, Hydroponics is managing every aspect of everything the plant needs. Nutrients to managing bacteria and critters. Soil has a buffer effect and can withstand more variance. Hydro is a forever meticulous check effect, but problems can be solved fast and prior to plant indication through leafs.

Let’s get that great bud and even with small setbacks, hydro prevails at early identification and correction. But, hydro requires more attention to detail.

B

Bdubs

Using late nutrients.

Had to put up 50 tethers and supports, they are getting heavy. Lost one branch, basically completely snapped off. Cut her off and hung her for some early tasting I guess. 🤔

IMG 7194
Top Bottom