DD inspired bubblebins

• Thread starter jack the reaper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jack the reaper

Great idea with adding the air pump to the venturi. I might have to try that one day :) I use a Tunze stream pump to circulate my res...talk about some serious mixing action lol.

I have a DO meter but haven't had a chance to mess with it too much. I think there comes a point where you can't add much more without supplementing o2 somehow. I think it's all relative to how much light/co2/food you provide. I don't know a whole lot about all this but i'm down to learn and experiment with ya, bro!

easy,
im just now starting to experiment with some of this stuff and im almost embarassed to say it. i dont know how i went so long with so little real tech.
lets see what we can pull together, huh?
cheers!
jr

J

jack the reaper

Ella

here are some pix of Ella, (those of you may remember seeing 8in tall Eve in a previous pic) Ella and Eve are twins but Ella became sick. Eve is now 2' tall and bodacious! Ella is stunted and now a good 50% the size of her sis.

and DAMNIT if she isnt the rock starlette and looking WAY better in film than in person! the fotos do her TOO MUCH justice!

in the last two pictures one can see some healthier looking new growth in the background, this gives me hope that Ella will make a recovery, got my fingers crossed.

IMG 1000
IMG 1003
IMG 1004
IMG 1005
J

jack the reaper

Eve

here are a few pix of Eve. the 2x4 cage is 26inches wide by a foot deep so she is about 30 inches wide right now by 24 tall!! im thinkin bout trying the NL5xHaze in here if its gonna be like that, ive got some Marleys Collie too...

IMG 1007
IMG 1008
IMG 1009
IMG 1010
IMG 1011
J

jack the reaper

Esther

this is Esther. she was afflicted with "the sickness" too and was seriously stunted, she is like a third the size of Eve, but not quite as discolored as Ella. maybe her smaller size is allowing her to rebound faster, or she wasnt as affected, dunno but she is showing gold color on the ends of her top shoots now so it looks like she is gonna make it. she just wont be makin it to the BIG leagues.
as you can see, she is well contained within the cage.

as i look at this foto im sure some of you are saying to yourselves 'looks fine to me' and it looks fine to me too, and I DONT KNOW WHY!!! these sick girls are some of the most photogenic sexy lookin things. but Ella is worrying me and Esther is all good i hope.

i think i overdosed them with oregonism by pouring a ton of it into the hydroton 3 times in 9 days or so. they slowed after that and are just now starting to launch.
note to self--- eeeeeasy on the bennies. once a week during veg (3 times total) should do it.

IMG 1012
J

jack the reaper

Call the guys at .. This what I use....Plug and play..Also I just got word that http://www.gchydro.com/ has access to some plug and play units..Need to call them though because there not on the website yet...Summer is coming...

shoot mcattak supa mac cat!! i want one of those too FO SHO!! just using the stuff i had layin around the house for now, i'll be savin up my pennies and on my best behaviour. if santa doesnt bring me one for christmas im gonna BUY MY OWN!!!:cool0019:
jr

S

SoCaliSmoking

Even though Esther was supposed to be "sick" she still looks great! They all look good!

E

easypleasie

Girls look fine to me, bro. I can't believe how wide they are for og. Just over a week in flower, right?

I also have to admit I haven't done a whole lot of experimenting till I started my mpb build. Not a whole lot to do when you're growing in coco :) My first time in hydro so I have a shit ton to learn. Seems like there's a lot more to experiment with in hydro...I don't even know if my little tweaks are beneficial in any way lol. But it's still fun tinkering with things...only way to find out for ourselves. I'm totally down to learn/experiment and share the results with folks. With all these mpb threads, the system is only gonna get better. Who knows, maybe DDS will adopt some of our ideas :) Tweak away!

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

been lurkin along.
Just had to pop in and say I love the air setup.
You put together and will be copying it soon.
IMO. There can't be too much air.
But I have been known to be wrong from time to time.
Alright back to lurkin.
You know if I posted in every thread I read I would look like a post whore.LMAO

mello

mello

what up jr. love the setup.
you wrote about your issues potentially stemming from over application of "oregonism" which i'm assuming is the roots organics brand myccorhizae and beneficial bacteria powder. my understanding of these products is that you can't really overdo them to the point of it hurting your plants... you can certainly give them more than they need but the only problem with that is you're wasting the product. this is my understanding of the myccorhizae and beneficial bacteria products and i'm not necessarily an expert on the subject. any of you other farmers know about this?
also, you said you just raised the lights because of potential lumen shock... can the plants suffer lumen shock at this stage? my understanding was that it only happened after the initial exposure?
not trying to be critical at all (again, love your setup), but i would like to hear the farms opinions on these points for all our benefit.

J

jack the reaper

what up jr. love the setup.
you wrote about your issues potentially stemming from over application of "oregonism" which i'm assuming is the roots organics brand myccorhizae and beneficial bacteria powder. my understanding of these products is that you can't really overdo them to the point of it hurting your plants... you can certainly give them more than they need but the only problem with that is you're wasting the product. this is my understanding of the myccorhizae and beneficial bacteria products and i'm not necessarily an expert on the subject. any of you other farmers know about this?
also, you said you just raised the lights because of potential lumen shock... can the plants suffer lumen shock at this stage? my understanding was that it only happened after the initial exposure?
not trying to be critical at all (again, love your setup), but i would like to hear the farms opinions on these points for all our benefit.

YO mello!
yeah, thats the product im refering to, it comes well recommended but this is my first time using it. i tried to apply it by mixing about 3/4 of a cup in 2-3 gallons of water then pouring this into my plants as they sat alone in a 3 gal pail. i filled the pail till the water/bennies came to the point that the hydroton nearly floated. i did this to ensure that the entire root area was soaked, and i tried to be as un-invasive as possible. i started at one end of the room, then went to the next plant and on down the line. the two plants affected were in the position at the end of the line and may have received a heavier dose because of remixing part way through. AND this is the position (site) right next to the exhaust duct, which got really hot till it was insulated.
i applied three doses in about 9 days.
i noticed the residual oregonism on the roots, in the bins, in the res, and trickleing out of the hydroton for weeks, and it continues to settle in the bins ESPECIALLY Ellas (not so much Esthers).
the plants continued to suffer slow growth till they were rinsed.
this is the period where i fear they might have experienced lumen shock, growth slowed considerably and the roots looked sickly. i imagine that the roots were all of a sudden packed in an avalanche of smothering un-activated spores.
SOLUTION? i think foaming up the oregonism before applying in this technique would be ideal.
use 1/2 cup oregonism in 2-3 gallons.
1)place airstone in pail
2)add water and mix in bennies with air on
3)allow to foam up
4)pour into top of plant
5)recycle runnoff with next plant
6)add bennies and "recharge" solution with air stone as needed.
do this once a week during veg (3 times)
the rest of the girls look great, these two make me wonder if they are able to use the higher nute levels and higher lumens that the rest are ready for. they are both showing new growth, so i am cautiously optimistic, but i have allowed the ppm to slide down a gear to about 800-850 and have raised the 3 lights surrounging Ella to try to give her a chance to catch her breath. ph is downwardly mobil, when it shifts to 5.7 i bring it back to 6.0-6.1
my ladies are getting GHs 3 part. i use Superthrive (about .5 to 1ml per gal ) during cloning, rooting and veg.

J

jack the reaper

my friends,
say a prayer for Ella. overnite her condition worsened and today i do believe she is in her darkest hour...

M

mrdizzle

dude if she is seriously sick pull her. you dont want it to spread and fuck your whole crop. I've lost a whole crop before and it happens overnight

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Dude I hope she feels better.
Heres a little tune for her. You know they prefer metal and behtoven.
[youtube]xXqQdHjyUzk[/youtube]

J

jack the reaper

Ella

friends, thanks for your wishes, diz, lost and boss, for the moving rendition of that well loved anthem.. *tearing
regretably, i must inform you that with fond memories and heavy hearts we decided to allow Ella to come to the end of her voyage here on this plane. she had one final sip from the life sustaining fluid and as she was liberated from her machines there was a relaxed and calm look about her. the time was.. just before 4:20

although no foWl play is suspected a full autopsy has been scheduled and anything that merits reporting will be.

she was SUCH a beautiful yung girl and she will be missed.

IMG 1032
IMG 0792
J

jack the reaper

i am begining to be VERY suspicious of the duct beside, i fear there may be an extended period of time when the A/C is off but the vent fan on and this might be too much heat for the plant in that spot. its a real head scratcher...
im going to wrap the duct again, lets see.

J

jack the reaper

Elis

and we are reminded that in loss there is LIFE!
this is Elis (named after Regina).
she is a much welcome addition to our family.
she comes from a rough background (i once saw her chug a half gallon of activated microbials in under a day):party0036:

IMG 1048
IMG 1049
J

jack the reaper

Drains etc

while the site was vacant i drained it (30 seconds-one drain/15 secs. using both)
took some fotos for those that wanted to have a better look.

IMG 1034
IMG 1035
IMG 1036
IMG 1038
IMG 1039
IMG 1042
IMG 1043
IMG 1045
IMG 1047
Top Bottom