desperately In need of advice!

• Thread starter ayeob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

do you make your own vapes?
No. Not yet anyway. Never thought I’d grow either.

Bought a dry vape. Utillian 722. Poor mans Migjty+. 😝. It’s okay. Not the same as smoking but good enough until I can smoke outside without freezing my ⚽🏀 off.

Boss man just did a review of the PAX3 IIRC.

ayeob

ayeob

Bought a dry vape. Utillian 722. Poor mans Migjty+. 😝. It’s okay. Not the same as smoking but good enough until I can smoke outside without freezing my ⚽🏀 off.

yeah i get vapes from the dispo just a little something when i can’t smoke lol

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Zen and Harpua make good points in regards to drying and curing. Probably one of the reasons most newbs get hay their first harvest even though they did everything right on the grow side of it.

I also agree that you should smoke some of the flower a little earlier to test it out and then cure it for a month or so to see the difference in terms of smoke quality. I prefer the longer cured flower. I think early flower tends to have more defined flavors while cured flower has a more subtle blend of all these flavors and aromas. The only way I can describe it is making a dish and eating it that night and then eating the leftovers the next day. The dish was great right after it was cooked but the leftovers really elevated the flavors into a sum of their parts.

Longer cures will also allow certain processes and chemical reactions to occur improving your smoke quality.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Check out a company called Aeropro. I'm not a big fan of vapes but Aeropro is the best in my opinion. They're batteries vibrate while you hit it. Apparently, the vibration is supposed to signal the brain that THC is on the way!!!

I really like their vape oils too. They don't use PE or Glycerin as a base so you don't get that chemically aftertaste of that rough throat hit. IIRC, they use the essential oils of the cultivar as a base.

ayeob

ayeob

Zen and Harpua make good points in regards to drying and curing. Probably one of the reasons most newbs get hay their first harvest even though they did everything right on the grow side of it.

I also agree that you should smoke some of the flower a little earlier to test it out and then cure it for a month or so to see the difference in terms of smoke quality. I prefer the longer cured flower. I think early flower tends to have more defined flavors while cured flower has a more subtle blend of all these flavors and aromas. The only way I can describe it is making a dish and eating it that night and then eating the leftovers the next day. The dish was great right after it was cooked but the leftovers really elevated the flavors into a sum of their parts.

Longer cures will also allow certain processes and chemical reactions to occur improving your smoke quality.
this makes a lot of sense, i will try some to test it and probably cure it longer and give that a try

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Check out a company called Aeropro. I'm not a big fan of vapes but Aeropro is the best in my opinion. They're batteries vibrate while you hit it. Apparently, the vibration is supposed to signal the brain that THC is on the way!!!

I really like their vape oils too. They don't use PE or Glycerin as a base so you don't get that chemically aftertaste of that rough throat hit. IIRC, they use the essential oils of the cultivar as a base.
The originals came with wax/oil canisters but not in Canada that I can find. I can get the other accessories but not them. Never tried them.

I made crappy honey oil once just to see if it worked. It was okay but to green. I later added a lot of kief to it and used it a few times on joints before giving it to a buddy.

The dry weed vape is okay but not heavy hitting any more. To much each day I guess. It was never as good as when I was in Amsterdam smoke/coffee shop.

At $220 + tax I’m stuck with it for a while. I wanted the Plenty but was out of stock and I don’t really do online shopping.

I’ll have a look though as it’s got my interest. Thanks

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

You mean these guys?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Yep. It's more than just opening and closing the jar. You might need to even take the buds/stalks out of the jar, especially in the beginning because you don't just want to let air out/exchange the air......you want to allow some time for re-drying. Eventually that could mean leaving the jars open for an hour or more, but in the beginning you might need more re-drying time than that. You will get the feel for it and a feel for the times.....

How big the buds/stalks are, the size of the jars......don't force/cram them into the jar but they should mostly fill the jar, with enough air too......you also want to protect the buds, not bruise, damage/knock off the resin....

The amount of leaves you leave on will also matter. You want to leave some leaves on in the beginning to allow for that back and forth. It's a chemical change, breakdown......it's really not much different than how tobacco is cured. Instead of being "green", bitter, hay-like, chlorophyll-y.....you want that sweet weed/resin smell, smooth.....

All of this is experience and feel but you'll get it and be rewarded. Not picking too early, letting it properly ripen before harvesting, and good curing.....is what makes an "8 or 9" become a 10.
At about the 1 month mark is when I really lose that chlorophyll-ey Taste, and then it only gets better from there, agreed with removing buds from the jars when burping. I cure in gallon mason jars and I make sure to loosen up the buds daily mostly for the first week, big jars they tend to pack down. I also keep one of these in each jar I keep the hygrometer against the glass so I can see the RH all the time so I can burp if needed and no guessing what the RH is in the jar

0BB596B9 7362 42C4 A8FB F17C38EE2A64
2CDDB8F5 3B51 442E B386 9048394C9EF7
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Here's some from my summer/outdoor harvest. Still iin the jars after 4 months. Even though the cure is technically over, I just opened one up after not opening for a month and immediately it smells even better, sweeter......

This is Strawberry Widow, and I totally pollinated/seeded on the early side.....so these buds are actually well-seeded. Still very good. Because of a late warm fall I was able to harvest around Nov 1st and cured for about 2 months.
Yep I have some bud from a harvest 6 months ago, tastes and smells excellent

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

At about the 1 month mark is when I really lose that chlorophyll-ey Taste, and then it only gets better from there, agreed with removing buds from the jars when burping. I cure in gallon mason jars and I make sure to loosen up the buds daily mostly for the first week, big jars they tend to pack down. I also keep one of these in each jar I keep the hygrometer against the glass so I can see the RH all the time so I can burp if needed and no guessing what the RH is in the jar
Do the exact same thing.

Watch those. Last batch of 12 I bought had bad batteries.

F38EB0F4 4281 4D42 8F41 2B2D2DD09DF2

Last count 6 blew up.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

My last harvest literally went up in smoke in a couple months. I need to do an outdoor grow so that I can hoard all the good indoor and roll my GF the outdoor stuff! We should be able to grow enough outdoor to supply her for at least 6 months....hopefully.....
Ya, about that... it seems I’m down to my last bit in these jars. Gave away to much maybe. I hope the new harvest comes a little faster.

At least the clones are coming along.

Can’t do outdoors, no where private that has good conditions.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Ya, about that... it seems I’m down to my last bit in these jars. Gave away to much maybe. I hope the new harvest comes a little faster.

At least the clones are coming along.

Can’t do outdoors, no where private that has good conditions.
I’m planning to mabye throw one or 2 outside this year to try it out… just see how they do before I put real effort into it

SmokeyTheBandit2023

SmokeyTheBandit2023

HELP. can anyone tell me why my plant looks like this?
Looks healthy tips have decent growth rates. How long since last water 💧 girls looking thirsty but also can be the perks of soil buffering after over or under watering/ nutrients burn. More info would be greater help to your cause homie!

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

I’m planning to mabye throw one or 2 outside this year to try it out… just see how they do before I put real effort into it
I tried bringing them in/out each day. They got large pretty quick and that was in soft pots in milk crates.

However that was before I knew we had spider mites in the garden.

I was also told that it’s illegal to grow where they can be seen from the street, or something to that effect.

E

Edinburg

i might look into that! is that the only thing you feed yours? or do you gvie it some other nutrients as well?
Only thing I feed, I do give them Atami Bloombastic to flower them but that's it, Atami works great but I only use 30ml per USgal if you don't water it down and go light you will fry your girls. Pic 2 plant is 28 days from sprout and already can tell it's a girl.

IMG 20230205 064538
IMG 20230314 061512
N

newcastle112

Only thing I feed, I do give them Atami Bloombastic to flower them but that's it, Atami works great but I only use 30ml per USgal if you don't water it down and go light you will fry your girls. Pic 2 plant is 28 days from sprout and already can tell it's a girl.
are the autos m8

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
HELP. can anyone tell me why my plant looks like this?
Looks overwatered but honestly I wouldn't know unless I was you taking care of it. Welcome to the grow tent on YouTube is helpful. My best advice is let it dry out, leaves look full and drooped, I would let it dry out and see if it bounces back.

Top Bottom