desperately In need of advice!

• Thread starter ayeob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I use a handheld microscope a lot of people don’t like them but I get decent results with them

It’s actually 30% off so $29.99 atm

52DB66A4 69C3 40AD BC62 94920CE79ECB

Pics I took with it
2E37598D E395 43B3 A489 1C5B23FCB44C
82969A7E 6286 4506 9E13 80608E87386D
2C5A91EA F2B1 4B4F B459 9395EE4E17A8
801F21D8 6608 4002 B67D 31805C8B89FC

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

I use a handheld microscope a lot of people don’t like them but I get decent results with them

It’s actually 30% off so $29.99 atm

View attachment 1340899

Pics I took with it
View attachment 1340900View attachment 1340901View attachment 1340902View attachment 1340903
That one, or one of the 100 like it, I almost got but I’d be to shakey I think. Goodshit97’s seems to have a wider more forgiving view. IDK

This is why I shop in person lol.

How is it for holding? Also read issues with some wireless connections.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
That one, or one of the 100 like it, I almost got but I’d be to shakey I think. Goodshit97’s seems to have a wider more forgiving view. IDK

This is why I shop in person lol.

How is it for holding? Also read issues with some wireless connections.
No connection issues for me at all, it has its own Wi-Fi you connect your phone to it once the scope is turned on and it shows up in your Wi-Fi options then open the app and it’s on, it has the 50x-1,000x but then also has 3x zoom once you’re focused that’s what att one pic is where the trich heads look huge

Once you get used to it it’s not too bad to hold stable just gotta use it a bit I just hold the camera in one hand and move it around on the buds and take pics with my phone in my other hand

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
there’s almost a hay smell in my tent i feel as if that’s not good not on every bud though
Mine sometimes still have the hay smell when I put them into the jars but that slowly dies away as it cures and you’ll start to smell the buds again, one took a month and then was gone

ayeob

ayeob

Mine sometimes still have the hay smell when I put them into the jars but that slowly dies away as it cures and you’ll start to smell the buds again, one took a month and then was gone
okay cool! thought i was in trouble there 😅

Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

Forgot to shout out Mikedin and a few others that also put in some really good info.

@ayeob - I read your questions about air circulation and fan placement. The overall idea that you are trying to accomplish is to have some plant movement along with air movement inside the tent. I like to place my fans in a way that starts a sort of circle that moves around the tent. I'll place the fan in the corner and point it at the other corner but a little off axis so that the air hits the other wall and bounces off it at an angle where the deflected air will move towards the wall next to it, etc. Essentially what you would be creating is a sort of tornado of sorts where air is moving around the tent in a circular motion.

I find this helps in oxygenating the roots through the cloth pots as I place the fan low, like maybe, 6 - 12 inches off the floor.

One thing I do that is a no no is lifting the cloth pot off the floor. I've run tons of cloth pots sitting in flood tables without any under pot circulation and have no zero ill effects.....that I know of. I'm going to lift the pot off the floor on my next run and see if there is a difference. I always check roots after harvest to see if there was anything harmful happening in the "rootsosphere" where I need to change this or that process and, to date, I've been fortunate to not have any root rot or any other issues.
Great point about checking roots. I learned from that when I had a pretty solid root structure at the bottom 1/4 of my pot and similar on top but the center was weak. Obviously I had been impatient with watering, after seeing this I have changed my ways. Now I water, move on to others and then come back for another round. It's an impressive difference in the final root ball.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Great point about checking roots. I learned from that when I had a pretty solid root structure at the bottom 1/4 of my pot and similar on top but the center was weak. Obviously I had been impatient with watering, after seeing this I have changed my ways. Now I water, move on to others and then come back for another round. It's an impressive difference in the final root ball.
It's crazy how something that seems as simple as watering can make such a difference!

ayeob

ayeob

think my weed is going to have a harsh taste like last time. it does not smell like weed anymore it smells like hay almost. i have a fan going and i thought i had good circulation. i feel the longer i leave it drying the more harsh it will be. what should i do?

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

think my weed is going to have a harsh taste like last time. it does not smell like weed anymore it smells like hay almost. i have a fan going and i thought i had good circulation. i feel the longer i leave it drying the more harsh it will be. what should i do?
I had one sativa leaning hybrid that dried to quickly in my old spot. It did that. It’s the one that I added the qtip to the jar, until I got the RH pads.

It took a while but it came back. I’m sure some here have better info but don’t worry yet.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

what happens if you put the weed in a jar to early?
You mean don’t dry long enough? Anything that can happen with wet plants locked in a jar.

Condensation, mold, mildew, etc.

Never done it but that’s what happens to other plant matter I’ve tossed.

ayeob

ayeob

You mean don’t dry long enough? Anything that can happen with wet plants locked in a jar.

Condensation, mold, mildew, etc.
okay i gotcha i knew i was gonna have problems drying. definitely need to figure out why. i just got home and my whole room smells like hay

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

okay i gotcha i knew i was gonna have problems drying. definitely need to figure out why
That’s also why we burp. To off gas and let the humidity out.

If you are in a panic about something and have a direct question you think a member can help with try tagging here or in a PM.

Worst that can happen is nothing. 😝

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

okay, guess i’m just in panic mode cause the whole room smell sorta like hay
To be honest I can’t think of why your grow is smelling like hay. It ended very well.

For me it was a dry plant that had low humidity when drying/curing.

Not enough experience to answer you properly for your environment or situation. I can only go by my grow and what I’ve read and offer general solutions.

ayeob

ayeob

To be honest I can’t think of why your grow is smelling like hay. It ended very well.

For me it was a dry plant that had low humidity when drying/curing.

Not enough experience to answer you properly for your environment or situation. I can only go by my grow and what I’ve read and offer general solutions.
i understand and appreciate it i was looking it up and maybe my airflow is not good

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

i understand and appreciate it i was looking it up and maybe my airflow is not good
I tried moving a fan into my drying closet and pointing it at a tray of water on a chair. No wind directly hitting the plant.

It still had a hay smell for a month but the pine and something else smells came back in the jar cure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom