desperately In need of advice!

• Thread starter ayeob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ayeob

ayeob

okay so i cut some of the stuff off that felt more dry and then theirs stuff that feels really airy

P

PahPahCee

I’m surprised (maybe I missed it) I didn’t see anyone mention drying by weight. Weigh a nug/or branch. Wait a day and weigh it again. The weight will keep decreasing until it’s dry.

Wood moisture meters are neat too, this is what I use in combination with a little squeeze to feel it. Should have a little crunch.

Lastly is no one is going to mention grove bags? I haven’t used them yet but people swear by them. No more burping mason jars.

ayeob

ayeob

I’m surprised (maybe I missed it) I didn’t see anyone mention drying by weight. Weigh a nug/or branch. Wait a day and weigh it again. The weight will keep decreasing until it’s dry.

Wood moisture meters are neat too, this is what I use in combination with a little squeeze to feel it. Should have a little crunch.

Lastly is no one is going to mention grove bags? I haven’t used them yet but people swear by them. No more burping mason jars.
someone did mention the groove bags before. i didn’t think to fry by weight

ayeob

ayeob

no my fans on low and high up my buds a lower to the ground. can i just open my tent at night for a little so it’s still dark and fresh air can come in?

i wanted to order a drying rack and cut them into smaller branches

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

no my fans on low and high up my buds a lower to the ground. can i just open my tent at night for a little so it’s still dark and fresh air can come in?
I hang mine higher, off the closet shelf with fan chair seat high. I put a shallow tray or Tupperware of water on the seat if needed. Fan blows down to floor or water depending.

If you’re going to leave it open it need to be dark and I’d only do it for a while. It just needs to swap with fresh air.

If you had a inch gap under the door with the fan blowing lightly at it that would be enough. You want the air to stay pretty consistent. You’re trying to make it like a humidor.

i wanted to order a drying rack and cut them into smaller branches
I have the round hanging one. Use it for leaves and stems.

The wooden folding clothes ones work too.

ayeob

ayeob

I hang mine higher, off the closet shelf with fan chair seat high. I put a shallow tray or Tupperware of water on the seat if needed. Fan blows down to floor or water depending.

If you’re going to leave it open it need to be dark and I’d only do it for a while. It just needs to swap with fresh air.

If you had a inch gap under the door with the fan blowing lightly at it that would be enough. You want the air to stay pretty consistent. You’re trying to make it like a humidor.

I have the round hanging one. Use it for leaves and stems.

The wooden folding clothes ones work too.
what does the tupperware of water and fan do? could you explain more?

okay yeah might just open it for like 5 or 10 mins so it swaps air out, yeah i was looking at the ACI 4 tower 18 in diameter drying rack it’s only 20 bucks

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

what does the tupperware of water and fan do? could you explain more?
Same as inside your tent. If you need humidity quick and can’t spray put a container of water in and have air pass over it. The wider the container the better. Shallow I prefer. Add ice for a poor mans A/C. 🤣

okay yeah might just open it for like 5 or 10 mins so it swaps air out, yeah i was looking at the ACI 4 tower 18 in diameter drying rack it’s only 20 bucks
Cool. Fan by hand for a couple of minutes if there is no air movement.

If you’re doing this in your tent you should be able to control this pretty easy.

ayeob

ayeob

Same as inside your tent. If you need humidity quick and can’t spray put a container of water in and have air pass over it. The wider the container the better. Shallow I prefer. Add ice for a poor mans A/C. 🤣

If you’re doing this in your tent you should be able to control this pretty easy.
okay that’s make sense so just like something to keep it cool? i could do that in my tent right?

but okay yeah when i open it again i will fan by hand. i do have a small fan going too

Habosabin

Habosabin

How do you keep your hand from shaking when you go macro like that or do you have a stand to steady the shot?
There is a clear guard on the scope you can push against the bud. Once you focus to the lvl it makes it easier to then tap against other buds and turn it while using phone to activate. Snipping off parts of buds work well but I don't that much.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

okay that’s make sense so just like something to keep it cool? i could do that in my tent right?
I used ice last heat wave because I didn’t have the ACI T6 then. But I’ll do it again if needed.

Shouldn’t need ice to dry/cure. 😄

but okay yeah when i open it again i will fan by hand. i do have a small fan going too
That small fan should point away from the plant. A little wind burn on a live plant is no big deal IMO but it could dry out to fast in dry/cure process. You just want the air to move for even drying.

Wonder if anyone has tried an air fryer? 🤣

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter

I use grove bags as well, I still need to burp the first few days, in the end I prefer checking in the buds anyways so mason jars are here to ok stay lol, I believe we discussed the them though

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter

I always have a fan running in my room lol if I’m in a big rush I shake the jar lightly to separate the buds and open each jar, then hold each jar in front of the fan for about 15 seconds, once all are done I re-lid them and put them back away, that’s my quick burp days though lol

ayeob

ayeob

I always have a fan running in my room lol if I’m in a big rush I shake the jar lightly to separate the buds and open each jar, then hold each jar in front of the fan for about 15 seconds, once all are done I re-lid them and put them back away, that’s my quick burp days though lol
okay and on a normal burp day, what do you do?

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Same as what we all discussed a few pages back.

Most of us do similar steps or interchange them. You need to choose one that you think works in your space.

To recap a few burp options; open jar for xx minutes, take buds out of jar for xx minutes, leave open for as long as it takes to open the jars and roll a joint then close them all, buy bags or humidifier packs and don’t burp or also burp.

What do others in your area or supply stores do? Have you asked or are you isolated?

It’s dry here in winter so I’m trying to keep humidity up for the most part. Weather has been drastically different the last month. Weekend snowstorms followed by warm temperatures in the week.

I’m a little worried about my dry/cure and am trying to plan ahead.

What to make God laugh, tell him about your plans. 🤣

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Open all the jars, first week 2-3 times a day I monitor the mini hydromotors if it goes I’ve 63% I agitate the buds, remove some of large buds, and set on the table for about 15-20 minutes, then put all back into the jars and back into a cool dark place

After the first few days to a week of big RH spikes you can start going once a day, after week 2 or so I burp once every other day, after a month mabye once a week, RH stays pretty stable l, just burping for air exchange after that

ayeob

ayeob

Open all the jars, first week 2-3 times a day I monitor the mini hydromotors if it goes I’ve 63% I agitate the buds, remove some of large buds, and set on the table for about 15-20 minutes, then put all back into the jars and back into a cool dark place

After the first few days to a week of big RH spikes you can start going once a day, after week 2 or so I burp once every other day, after a month mabye once a week, RH stays pretty stable l, just burping for air exchange after that
okay i have some boveda packs should i use those as well?

Top Bottom