Dirbags Rockin' Rockwool Revival Thread

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
As for discussing yield, I dont like doing that here. What I will say is this crop looks like its gonna break my record. Whether that's from the the unislabs, the pruning method or both, I dont know.. but i like what im seeing.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I think my writing doesn’t really reflect my true personality. A lot of people feel that way I think. Lots gets lost in translation in this medium. And honesty and facts can seem harsher. I admit I am newer at this all the time.
With text. Much gets lost in personal translation. Your in the league of legends at the farm IMO. 👊

Last edited:
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
meh. I’m just practicing like everyone else. And I have had a terrible year in my garden. I think I cruised easy for too long so nature cut me down a few notches. Lol
I would hardly call some of your recent grows horrible. Havnt been here long, but awesome resource to blend some techniques and skill sets from others with personal knowledge.
there’s quite a few needles in the THC farmer haystack. 👊

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I would hardly call some of your recent grows horrible. Havnt been here long, but awesome resource to blend some techniques and skill sets from others with personal knowledge.
there’s quite a few needles in the THC farmer haystack. 👊

look at the early posts in my thread compared to the more recent plants. My yield has been about half since the root aphid fiasco. And now I feel like I am re learning everything. It it’s slowly getting back to snuff with these new Humbolt seed company seeds. Much of my success I have to credit CH9 seeds. His plants were much better than 80% of what I have grown and even seen. I will miss them. I trashed my saved cuts when I treated for bugs.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You guys are making me blush.. lol☺

I appreciate the kind words. And I credit most of my successes to my grower friends. We openly share information and genetics freely amongst each other and I don't know where I'd be without them. They are my main source of strains and growing information.
My failures are on me lol

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Things I REALLY like about this dyna gro is how stable it is, how little I need, and how it lands at the perfect ph everytime. I love, LOVE not fuckin around with the ph. And It doesn't drift at all.

Plus my nutrient solution looks damn near like plain water. Nice to not be dealing with that heaving mass of Krausen that formed on the earth juice res...lol, what a shit show that was in comparison to this clean, slick setup.

Love nailing the ec and ph off the bat everytime.
20210424 173729

amekins

amekins

Things I REALLY like about this dyna gro is how stable it is, how little I need, and how it lands at the perfect ph everytime. I love, LOVE not fuckin around with the ph. And It doesn't drift at all.

Plus my nutrient solution looks damn near like plain water. Nice to not be dealing with that heaving mass of Krausen that formed on the earth juice res...lol, what a shit show that was in comparison to this clean, slick setup.

Love nailing the ec and ph off the bat everytime.
View attachment 1116819
I have found I need to lower the ph, but my tap is pretty alkaline. With the EJ Seablast I have to adjust up.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I have found I need to lower the ph, but my tap is pretty alkaline. With the EJ Seablast I have to adjust up.
Totally, I just dial back on the silica to hit my target ph. My starting water is fairly neutral too at 7.2ph and 100 ppm or so

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Anyone else ever find an old forgotten stash?
Just cleaned out my wardrobe and found a bag of Violator kush and Platinum cookies. Probably a year old or so... the VK is still dank as hell lol. Smoking some now

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Anyone else ever find an old forgotten stash?
Just cleaned out my wardrobe and found a bag of Violator kush and Platinum cookies. Probably a year old or so... the VK is still dank as hell lol. Smoking some now

yeah a few months back I showed 2 jars of red sativa buds (CH9 Flower) that I found in luggage in my basement. It has been there all 5 years I have lived here. And it wasn’t vacuum sealed just closed tight. A vacuum had formed though. It was hard to pry the lid off.

I actually resumed curing the buds and they smell nice now. It effect is week. I assume it has mostly converted to cbn.

Looked just like old 80’s Panama red or something.

Brendanpre

Brendanpre

Yup! I've done that. Due to random drug testing at an old job, I stopped smoking in 2007 and started again in 2013 after I was laid off. In 2016 I moved to another city and while packing up my house I found a couple grams of stuff in a little ziploc baggie at the back of my wardrobe. It was from before I stopped smoking! It was dry as dust and had pretty much no smell, but I'll swear it was probably the smoothest joint I have ever smoked, and this was proper shitty, harsh, fully seeded ditch weed back then. Lol. It was actually still surprisingly effective all those years later, tasted like shit, but it still did the job...

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
meh. I’m just practicing like everyone else. And I have had a terrible year in my garden. I think I cruised easy for too long so nature cut me down a few notches. Lol
I used to play a lot of Golf as a kid into my mid 20's. then stopped. I started a new job with a bunch of golf nuts so I went back at it. My first day out In 15 years I shot a 90 and thought wow with a bit of practice I could get pretty good at this game. I never shot 90 again that year everything went pretty good on that first day but all hell broke lose soon as I thought I had the game handled,,,just a little more work I thought and I could get good at it lol I realized I couldn't drive,chip,use irons of the fairway, get out of sand traps or putt other than that ( the drinking, socializing & driving the cart ) I was great.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Totally, I just dial back on the silica to hit my target ph. My starting water is fairly neutral too at 7.2ph and 100 ppm or so
Hey, I inherited 3 mother plants I turned 12/12 the day I got them. No idea what soil , looks peat based but not as much perlite if any in 5.8 gal pots. Any ways I watered when needed and got 5.2ph and 2295 ppm.......So i added dolomite to the top and PHUP to watering when I needed to. The ppm after 8 weeks of watering & very light feeding I'm still getting 1350 ppm but the ph is okay 6.1

How do I get the ppm down? the plants won't go through enough water fast enough as they're about done ( end of the month ) I could just flush flush flush and suck up the run off but my grey matter says that's not a good idea. I've harvested before without flushing but these numbers just seem to indicate too much nutrient in the soil for the best harvesting practice.

The clones from these mothers I got as babies and looked after them so my Ph & ppm never got out of control and I have 375ppm in one and 525 in the other I'm hoping to cut in a few days and I'm okay with that but 1350 just seems to high to me...thoughts please. This is one of them

100 5327
100 5319b
Top Bottom