Dirtbag is poopin in a tent!! ⛺ Adventures with the Spiderfarmer SF4000

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That's it? No pot and just a drip tray? I like how clean that is. I just searched for Unislabs and the price for those blocks about $125 tax in for 16 makes it a viable alternative for me. No dirt, dust and no fancy set up. I'll be watching and learning my friend,

I'm supposed to get the SF1000 tomorrow. I still have work to do to get it set up. I had a brain fart and ripped out some of my veg closet to be new and improved & now I've a fking mess and no veg room. Work to do lol😄😄
Lol, I will be elevating it and putting a runoff tote beneath it once it's being irrigated on autopilot.

I'm sold on these unislabs though. It's all I'm gonna use from here on out. So clean and easy, instant runoff, no cec.. ideal imho. And they're big enough to support huge plants.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Eventually yep. My target is about 40-45 in veg but I plant to crank it up to 50+ once I flip to flower and turn on the Co2.
Just bump slow at the start of flower. I'd kick the co2 on in veg once they get enough foliage to make it worth it.

Co2 reduces transpiration so when ya kick it on drop humidity 5-10% and prob have to up the ppm a bit ime.

Highest I had mine was white widow... fucker was taking almost 1500ppfd. Stressed but handled it.

Anthem

Anthem

Just bump slow at the start of flower. I'd kick the co2 on in veg once they get enough foliage to make it worth it.

Co2 reduces transpiration so when ya kick it on drop humidity 5-10% and prob have to up the ppm a bit ime.

Highest I had mine was white widow... fucker was taking almost 1500ppfd. Stressed but handled it.
DB what kind of CO2 numbers are you going to run and what temps?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
DB what kind of CO2 numbers are you going to run and what temps?

If I use my current controller it'll be 1500 or bust. But im contemplating grabbing an Inkbird Co2 Controller. Theyre pretty affordable and would let me set it to whatever I want , plus it has timed functions etc..

In that case, I'd probably start by increasing to 750 first, and slowly ramping up to 12-1400 over the course of a few weeks. From what im reading Co2 works best if you start low and increase slow.

Temps are low 80's now, when I enrich the atmosphere I'll possibly bump it up a degree or two.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Totally, I'll aim to hit peak ppfd by about 3 weeks flower. Likely go from 40-50 DLI over the course of the stretch.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If I use my current controller it'll be 1500 or bust. But im contemplating grabbing an Inkbird Co2 Controller. Theyre pretty affordable and would let me set it to whatever I want , plus it has timed functions etc..

In that case, I'd probably start by increasing to 750 first, and slowly ramping up to 12-1400 over the course of a few weeks. From what im reading Co2 works best if you start low and increase slow.

Temps are low 80's now, when I enrich the atmosphere I'll possibly bump it up a degree or two.
Yeah if ya can ditch the pile of junk controller... at 1500ppm you burn through co2. But was better than nothing but definitely not optimal... or even close for that matter.

Anthem

Anthem

Temperature wise those are the numbers I shoot for. Been running the CO2 at 1500 to 1600 and liking what I am seeing but I did not do it by a scientific method by any means. I increased the feed by 50 percent and the CO from 1200 to 1550 so it shuts off at about 1610.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah if ya can ditch the pile of junk controller... at 1500ppm you burn through co2. But was better than nothing but definitely not optimal... or even close for that matter.

I'm seriously considering it. The inkbird is only like $200.. that ain't bad. I'm just holding out until I see this plant really take off before making any investments I guess. But I think if I'm gonna do Co2, I may as well do it right and dial it in. The yield increase would cover the cost of the controller, at least In my head lol...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Well HOLY SHIT!!! I came super close to burning my shed to the ground 🔥..

I dont wear shoes in my shed. I take them off outside before going in.. so I went in there today to check on the plant (still seems weird not saying plants plural..), and as I'm going into the tent I catch something out of the corner of my eye coming around the corner of the tent. Fucking enormous wolf spider about 2.5-3" across his legs, small tarantula looking bastard.. he shot me a look of "I'm gonna kill you mother f***er and charged right at me doin Mach-chicken. Without boots on I instinctively didn't want to step on him, so In sock feet I jumped over it!, the bastard turned around and came after me again, and fuck are those things quick!! I bolted outside and put my boots on and went back in to find it and send it to hell where it belongs. And could not find the prick. Looked for nearly an hour. I legitimately thought my only recourse was gonna be burning the fuker to the ground. And then, just like that, he came around the tent again and charged right into the heel under my boot. Phew.. my damn ticker is pounding! Hahaha.

Jesus I hate the spiders in BC. If it's not huge wolf spiders, it's Black widows or giant house spiders. Not a fan.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Hahahahaha. I’m more like Indiana Jones. It’s the damn snakes that get me running.
spiders don’t bother me as much. Sucked this BW up with the shop vack. Right at the front door posted up spinning a cocoon.

4A544890 FD25 4E88 A59E BC037428D418
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Yeah its getting bigger for sure. The roots on this one were massive and it was gripping the slab the next morning so I think once it hits the bottom and the roots start to really drink from the water table, she'll go off.
Hell ya. Clones take their sweet time on occasion to push good roots. How often and how much water you give? Run off %, ppm around 600 currently?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hahahahaha. I’m more like Indiana Jones. It’s the damn snakes that get me running.
spiders don’t bother me as much. Sucked this BW up with the shop vack. Right at the front door posted up spinning a cocoon.
Lol I'm the total opposite. I love snakes, I pick them up all the time to move them out of the way of my mower, doesn't bother me. But spiders though ✋... nope.

I remember as a small kid, I was maybe 4 or 5 years old, one of my earliest memories of kneeling in the grass by the dock at my aunts cottage on Lake Huron and a giant dock spider crawling over my knee. Terrified me, been a hater of them ever since.

I attended a rollover accident when I was on the fire dept that was from a wolf spider 🕷, Lady was driving and said it was crawling across the seat and up onto her leg, she literally went off the road and hit a small tree that flipped the car over and slid 50' down the road on its roof and landed in the ditch on the other side, nearly killed her. I thought holy shit.. this coulda been me!! 😆

Top Bottom