Dirtbag is poopin in a tent!! ⛺ Adventures with the Spiderfarmer SF4000

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well HOLY SHIT!!! I came super close to burning my shed to the ground 🔥..

I dont wear shoes in my shed. I take them off outside before going in.. so I went in there today to check on the plant (still seems weird not saying plants plural..), and as I'm going into the tent I catch something out of the corner of my eye coming around the corner of the tent. Fucking enormous wolf spider about 2.5-3" across his legs, small tarantula looking bastard.. he shot me a look of "I'm gonna kill you mother f***er and charged right at me doin Mach-chicken. Without boots on I instinctively didn't want to step on him, so In sock feet I jumped over it!, the bastard turned around and came after me again, and fuck are those things quick!! I bolted outside and put my boots on and went back in to find it and send it to hell where it belongs. And could not find the prick. Looked for nearly an hour. I legitimately thought my only recourse was gonna be burning the fuker to the ground. And then, just like that, he came around the tent again and charged right into the heel under my boot. Phew.. my damn ticker is pounding! Hahaha.

Jesus I hate the spiders in BC. If it's not huge wolf spiders, it's Black widows or giant house spiders. Not a fan.
I fuckin lost my shoe to a dock spider on the first night of long weekend camping trip.... was fishing in the boat look down and fuckin spider the size of a tarantula on my shoe... I fucking kicked my leg so hard my dam shoe flew off and landed in the lake. Steel toe... fuckin gone.

Everyone was going tk the bar that night... I said I ain't fuckin going with 1 shoe. Smart-ass reply was put a buncha socks on it and pretend it's broken....asshats.

So I fucking end up going. First dam words from the doorman... where's your other shoe? Fuck me... I had to barrow shoes all dam night so I didn't have to walk on the piss cover bathroom floors.

I still get bugged about it now and again and the worst part was nobody seen the spider so they all laugh and say yeah sure 3" spider... ok.

No joke that fucker was 3" and looked like a tarantula.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hell ya. Clones take their sweet time on occasion to push good roots. How often and how much water you give? Run off %, ppm around 600 currently?
I've got minimal runoff right now, about 10%. Feeding is 1ec/500ppm fed once per day.
I made sure that the 3" delta block was fully rooted and drying out daily before going on the slab, so she has healthy roots that are no doubt exploring that slab as we speak.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Lol I'm the total opposite. I love snakes, I pick them up all the time to move them out of the way of my mower, doesn't bother me. But spiders though ✋... nope.

I remember as a small kid, I was maybe 4 or 5 years old, one of my earliest memories of kneeling in the grass by the dock at my aunts cottage on Lake Huron and a giant dock spider crawling over my knee. Terrified me, been a hater of them ever since.

I attended a rollover accident when I was on the fire dept that was from a wolf spider 🕷, Lady was driving and said it was crawling across the seat and up onto her leg, she literally went off the road and hit a small tree that flipped the car over and slid 50' down the road on its roof and landed in the ditch on the other side, nearly killed her. I though Holy shit.. this coulda been me!! 😆
I really shouldn’t be laughing as hard as I am. 😂😂🤣
Glad she made it out alive.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I fuckin lost my shoe to a dock spider on the first night of long weekend camping trip.... was fishing in the boat look down and fuckin spider the size of a tarantula on my shoe... I fucking kicked my leg so hard my dam shoe flew off and landed in the lake. Steel toe... fuckin gone.

Everyone was going tk the bar that night... I said I ain't fuckin going with 1 shoe. Smart-ass reply was put a buncha socks on it and pretend it's broken....asshats.

So I fucking end up going. First dam words from the doorman... where's your other shoe? Fuck me... I had to barrow shoes all dam night so I didn't have to walk on the piss cover bathroom floors.

I still get bugged about it now and again and the worst part was nobody seen the spider so they all laugh and say yeah sure 3" spider... ok.

I know them all too well. The dock spiders tormented my visits to the cottage as a youth. I was climbing out of the lake onto the dock once and as I grabbed the ladder a massive spider crawled out between the deck boards right by the ladder and just sat there.. I went back into the lake for a bit and eventually waded up to shore through the weeds lol. Fuck that dock. Should be burned down into the damn lake.

Anthem

Anthem

Are you guys trying to BS us or do these things really exist up there in the northern territory?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Lol I'm the total opposite. I love snakes, I pick them up all the time to move them out of the way of my mower, doesn't bother me. But spiders though ✋... nope.

I remember as a small kid, I was maybe 4 or 5 years old, one of my earliest memories of kneeling in the grass by the dock at my aunts cottage on Lake Huron and a giant dock spider crawling over my knee. Terrified me, been a hater of them ever since.

I attended a rollover accident when I was on the fire dept that was from a wolf spider 🕷, Lady was driving and said it was crawling across the seat and up onto her leg, she literally went off the road and hit a small tree that flipped the car over and slid 50' down the road on its roof and landed in the ditch on the other side, nearly killed her. I thought holy shit.. this coulda been me!! 😆
Like Jim Stafford said, I don't like spiders and snakes. The only good one is the dead one I don't have to watch out for.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Are you guys trying to BS us or do these things really exist up there in the northern territory?
Nah man it's for real. The dock spiders on the Great Lakes are horrendous. Easily 2-3" across and black, scary looking things.

Same with the wolf spiders and Giant house spiders here in BC. Except the wolf spiders are aggressive as hell and will attack you if they feel threatened. Giant house spiders here get massive tho, I had one in my bedroom window after I built my house that was honestly about 4" across. Absolutely enormous. Thankfully, they're at least pretty docile and non threatening. But still scary looking if you don't like spiders.

Those dock spiders though... ugh. Man they're nasty creatures.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This is an Ontario dock spider. A big one, but you get the idea.

Download 4

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Like Jim Stafford said, I don't like spiders and snakes. The only good one is the dead one I don't have to watch out for.
When @BionicKroniK and I first got married, she yelled one night SPIDER! I flew awake and reflexively punched it so hard there was quite literally a spider shaped dent in the drywall, umm... inside the fist imprint... that was hanging by a thread.... She's never yelled in my sleep since.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Hahaha. The only one that has a bite that packs a punch here is the BW. Have no idea what this one is?
Canada isn’t all Ice covered 😂 we have lots of spiders that’s for sure.

9E97B07C C487 482C 88F0 846CAB6FC3F3
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Nah man it's for real. The dock spiders on the Great Lakes are horrendous. Easily 2-3" across and black, scary looking things.

Same with the wolf spiders and Giant house spiders here in BC. Except the wolf spiders are aggressive as hell and will attack you if they feel threatened. Giant house spiders here get massive tho, I had one in my bedroom window after I built my house that was honestly about 4" across. Absolutely enormous. Thankfully, they're at least pretty docile and non threatening. But still scary looking if you don't like spiders.

Those dock spiders though... ugh. Man they're nasty creatures.
There's some big damn spiders in Texas too. Trap door and Tarrantulas 8 inches across.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hahaha. The only one that has a bite that packs a punch here is the BW. Have no idea what this one is?
Canada isn’t all Ice covered 😂 we have lots of spiders that’s for sure.
Noo we also have Brown recluse that packs a harder bite than BW. Wolf spiders have one hell of a bite too if they get ya, but not dangerous. Just hurts like hell and leaves a big welt.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Noo we also have Brown recluse that packs a harder bite than BW. Wolf spiders have one hell of a bite too if they get ya, but not dangerous. Just hurts like he'll and leaves a big welt.
I’ve been bit by most of them. Spent my life sticking my arms in places they dont belong😂
The BW caused bad swelling, the others meh.

Top Bottom