Dirtbag is poopin in a tent!! ⛺ Adventures with the Spiderfarmer SF4000

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
@tobh, here is the diff between 3" and 4" deltas.
Roots pokin out in 48hrs. These will fully root the delta in a week or so.
20211028 154010

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Well, 50 for 50 rooted within 2 days of each other, so that's kinda cool. Got the best 20 cuts in cubes and they're going good, all top cuts too. I'll keep the best 16 of these.
Now I just need to find some time to figure out packaging to ship a couple out to those in Canada who wanted one. I'll do my best. Can't make any promises though, I've been super busy.

Annoying how the clone shipper was bought out by tweed or something in Canada and I can't buy them anymore.

I've seen dudes use vac seal bags to loosely hold the rooter and cut still, and mailing the bag inside a water bottle.. I'll see. I still have a pile of incorporation paperwork to do and couple dozen work contracts to write up and finalize by Monday... I'll admit I'm struggling to find the time for the mail out packages, but again I'll try. If I fail, I can maybe pull a few more cuts in a few weeks.
Sorry fellas, I'm working on it.
20211028 160253

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Fuck man, I'm going with 3" from now on. The 4" are doing fine, but not that fine.
Try it for sure if you're gonna use slabs with them. 4" actually does fine on its own with no slab believe it or not. Can't veg more than a couple weeks and you NEED to feed very often, like 8+ times a day by mid flower.

These 3" blocks to me are perfect for slabs though, let's you get a quickly established root system in the smaller bock so you can transition to slab a lot faster.
Which, in my case might be a problem lol, since my grow room still needs to get setup, all my tables are outside.. ugh. I got a busy week ahead next week.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Try it for sure if you're gonna use slabs with them. 4" actually does fine on its own with no slab believe it or not. Can't veg more than a couple weeks and you NEED to feed very often, like 8+ times a day by mid flower.

These 3" blocks to me are perfect for slabs though, let's you get a quickly established root system in the smaller bock so you can transition to slab a lot faster.
Which, in my case might be a problem lol, since my grow room still needs to get setup, all my tables are outside.. ugh. I got a busy week ahead next week.
yeah, i'm kicking myself for using the 4" now. I figured I could likely run fine in the 4" but the slabs will provide a much more stable footing since I'm not scrogging this run and will be pulling the plants out for defoliation and whatnot. I'd take your quick rooters over my situation at this point though lol I'm so far behind schedule probably gonna have to hit the dispensary before harvest, which sucks.

it's already getting hectic with the 4". without having the autofeed setup, I'm mixing up nutrients twice a day and they're taking to the more often hand waterings like crazy. Before they'd make it almost all day without getting noticeably light. Today, every watering I'm like wtf, where did that shit go?! still gotta check the runoff though. was a bit too hungover this morning to be fuckin with em too much haha.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
yeah, i'm kicking myself for using the 4" now. I figured I could likely run fine in the 4" but the slabs will provide a much more stable footing since I'm not scrogging this run and will be pulling the plants out for defoliation and whatnot. I'd take your quick rooters over my situation at this point though lol I'm so far behind schedule probably gonna have to hit the dispensary before harvest, which sucks.

it's already getting hectic with the 4". without having the autofeed setup, I'm mixing up nutrients twice a day and they're taking to the more often hand waterings like crazy. Before they'd make it almost all day without getting noticeably light. Today, every watering I'm like wtf, where did that shit go?! still gotta check the runoff though. was a bit too hungover this morning to be fuckin with em too much haha.
Dude, I've had hangovers lead to dried out rockwool more than a few times lol.

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Well, 50 for 50 rooted within 2 days of each other, so that's kinda cool. Got the best 20 cuts in cubes and they're going good, all top cuts too. I'll keep the best 16 of these.
Now I just need to find some time to figure out packaging to ship a couple out to those in Canada who wanted one. I'll do my best. Can't make any promises though, I've been super busy.

Annoying how the clone shipper was bought out by tweed or something in Canada and I can't buy them anymore.

I've seen dudes use vac seal bags to loosely hold the rooter and cut still, and mailing the bag inside a water bottle.. I'll see. I still have a pile of incorporation paperwork to do and couple dozen work contracts to write up and finalize by Monday... I'll admit I'm struggling to find the time for the mail out packages, but again I'll try. If I fail, I can maybe pull a few more cuts in a few weeks.
Sorry fellas, I'm working on it.

Back in the 80's and 90"s when we use to ship Pakalolo to the inter-islands here, at the time we use to go Samoan crabbing (yes, that's a thing, and NO, not an actual Samoan PERSON, duh... 🤣 ), we'd catch 15-25+ Pounder Samoan Crabs and we would place the "product" 😉😅 in an airtight "container" and at the bottom of a small cooler...Layered with dry ice, and topped with a LIVE HUGE Samoan Crab withOUT bands on their forearm HUGE pincher claws, then sealed for shipping....👍😎

These are not our pics, can't find ours, but they were bigger than these...🙃😉

WITH bands/ties....

WithOUT bands/ties...

Every now and then the packages would be "opened for inspection", but they probably closed it up real fast when the first thing they see is two HUGE claws WITH TEETH, MOLARS even, reaching for their faces with open arms...🤣 The products always made it to their rightful destinations and on time too! 👍😅

*Disclaimer: We no longer use this type of shipping method (and this is not a "suggestion" either lol), and no crabs were hurt in the process during shipping! 👍🤔😁
**What happens to them when they got to their destinations were out of our ability and control...Just saying. 😎🚬

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Back in the 80's and 90"s when we use to ship Pakalolo to the inter-islands here, at the time we use to go Samoan crabbing (yes, that's a thing, and NO, not an actual Samoan PERSON, duh... 🤣 ), we'd catch 15-25+ Pounder Samoan Crabs and we would place the "product" 😉😅 in an airtight "container" and at the bottom of a small cooler...Layered with dry ice, and topped with a LIVE HUGE Samoan Crab withOUT bands on their forearm HUGE pincher claws, then sealed for shipping....👍😎

These are not our pics, can't find ours, but they were bigger than these...🙃😉

WITH bands/ties....
View attachment 1182983

WithOUT bands/ties...
View attachment 1182984

Every now and then the packages would be "opened for inspection", but they probably closed it up real fast when the first thing they see is two HUGE claws WITH TEETH, MOLARS even, reaching for their faces with open arms...🤣 The products always made it to their rightful destinations and on time too! 👍😅

*Disclaimer: We no longer use this type of shipping method (and this is not a "suggestion" either lol), and no crabs were hurt in the process during shipping! 👍🤔😁
**What happens to them when they got to their destinations were out of our ability and control...Just saying. 😎🚬
ok, first off. why tf do their pincers have TEETH?! and second, is Samoan crabbing like catfish fisting? Using your bare flesh as bait, which works to get the bigguns?

Top Bottom