Dirtbag is poopin in a tent!! ⛺ Adventures with the Spiderfarmer SF4000

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Definitely not the worst... but not gonna go there lol.
I got to pet a wolverine when we were living in Michigan...Although, it was stuffed, but he was HUGE, BIGger than I thought! 🧐

Every year this "Exotic Animal Petting Zoo" (?) visited the schools, they confiscated illegal stuffed animals and used them in their displays for educational purposes, they had a wolverine, bears, wildcats, coons, otters, etc....That's probably the closest that I'll ever get to ALL those animals, that's for sure! lol I got to feed a giant porcupine named Spike, HE was real and alive, with 3-4 FEET long spikes, thank God he was friendly...Sorta...LOL...Had my pic taken with all of them and even holding a Boa Python, his name was Sly, he was SO cool...Gotta look for that pic... 🤔

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I got to pet a wolverine when we were living in Michigan...Although, it was stuffed, but he was HUGE, BIGger than I thought! 🧐

Every year this "Exotic Animal Petting Zoo" (?) visited the schools, they confiscated illegal stuffed animals and used them in their displays for educational purposes, they had a wolverine, bears, wildcats, coons, otters, etc....That's probably the closest that I'll ever get to ALL those animals, that's for sure! lol I got to feed a giant porcupine named Spike, HE was real and alive, with 3-4 FEET long spikes, thank God he was friendly...Sorta...LOL...Had my pic taken with all of them and even holding a Boa Python, his name was Sly, he was SO cool...Gotta look for that pic... 🤔
See what happens when you let them go to school? (animals not wives)

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Awesome possum, Im already seeing top growth. The cut leaf on this plant was its biggest leaf a few days ago. They're off to the races. Almost all of them have roots poking out of the cube now and tomorrow I'll start dunking the blocks once a day. Should be about a week out from transplanting to the slabs.
20211029 091147

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hey there, I got my new light the Se3000.....much more coverage than the Sf1000 and the fuse held....its touch & go with the added 200w....I needs me an electrical upgrade......I just don't have the 10 grand to geter done.
10 grand? Holy moly man. What do you need for the upgrade? Sticking another breaker in the fusebox and running another circuit is pretty straightforward. I setup this sheds entire electrical system myself for about $600.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Awesome possum, Im already seeing top growth. The cut leaf on this plant was its biggest leaf a few days ago. They're off to the races. Almost all of them have roots poking out of the cube now and tomorrow I'll start dunking the blocks once a day. Should be about a week out from transplanting to the slabs.View attachment 1183184
Now those are some very good looking clones sir. Super healthy 😍

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Have we gone 44 pages with nobody noticing that, going by the title of the thread, Dirtbag is poopin a tent and not popping one? That just made my morning. 😆
Not gonna lie... went right over my head... life of the vertically challenged. Yup that my excuse.

Hey there, I got my new light the Se3000.....much more coverage than the Sf1000 and the fuse held....its touch & go with the added 200w....I needs me an electrical upgrade......I just don't have the 10 grand to geter done.
Can run a circuit to the grow area using 240v. That light and most grow equipment can run 240v that will reduce your amp usage by half and double what you can run wattage wise.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Now those are some very good looking clones sir. Super healthy 😍
Thanks dude. I must say, having my entire plant count of 50 plants, all in clones, and picking the nicest 16 really makes a big difference. There was about half of them that were really nice. They were all perfectly OK, but some were definitely stronger looking than others. Fatter stems, more well rooted, more nodes, bigger greener leaves.
This is the first grow I've done in a few years where I've had the chance to do this and I think/hope the vigor i see in my keepers will translate to a vigorous grow cycle.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
10 grand? Holy moly man. What do you need for the upgrade? Sticking another breaker in the fusebox and running another circuit is pretty straightforward. I setup this sheds entire electrical system myself for about $600.
No I need the whole house upgraded...We have an old 100amp with a sub panel fully loaded...I have a couple of under used circuits I can tap into...that's no big deal but on this side of the house all my circuits are just about maxed out. they didn't follow any code here when this place was wired back in the 50's - tapped into in the 60 -70 now me I've added a few things.

I was an electrician for 25 years+ I could do the wiring I've wired a hundred plus houses back in the 70's & 80's Boats in the 70' & 80's and then I worked in a hospital for 10 years in maintenance. The code has changed so much I'd fk up for sure. Our neighbor had it done a few years back $10,000 for the rewire & upgrade to a 200amp in about the same sized home.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
No I need the whole house upgraded...We have an old 100amp with a sub panel fully loaded...I have a couple of under used circuits I can tap into...that's no big deal but on this side of the house all my circuits are just about maxed out. they didn't follow any code here when this place was wired back in the 50's - tapped into in the 60 -70 now me I've added a few things.

I was an electrician for 25 years+ I could do the wiring I've wired a hundred plus houses back in the 70's & 80's Boats in the 70' & 80's and then I worked in a hospital for 10 years in maintenance. The code has changed so much I'd fk up for sure. Our neighbor had it done a few years back $10,000 for the rewire & upgrade to a 200amp in about the same sized home.
Yeah there are a lot of older houses like that in NS. Tough to run a house and a grow on 100 Amps. I get it now.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Yeah there are a lot of older houses like that in NS. Tough to run a house and a grow on 100 Amps. I get it now.
Frankly, if I did that for 25 years, I would not let some still wet jackstraw touch my panel. Forget 'code'. It changes but I doubt it's anything significant.
I don't know where you're at, but in some locations, houses wired before a certain point are exempt from the code.

Top Bottom