Dirtbag is poopin in a tent!! ⛺ Adventures with the Spiderfarmer SF4000

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Dirtbag if ya wanna check for personal curiosity and going with 1 plant... toss the worst in the corner for a week so it gets less intensity.

Tbh I can't think of a single HID grower that changed to LED without having an issue of intensity.

Starting to have some second guessing on the light apps. The one I have works great for me but I started it on a Huawei phone and was bang on (yeah I know but I took pretty pictures) then switched back to Samsung s10 and I needed to adjust it because it was reading lower than it was. Maybe the liquid glass screen cover? Idk.

Try this app DB

10k ish should be plenty until fully rooted.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thanks @Aqua Man, light intensity crossed my mind too, I've had it on about 30% lately, started at about 4 feet high at 40% but saw yellow leaf tips and dialed it back to 30%, currently its at about 24" @30% over the one plant. The other plants are off to the side already.

What I did initially was use my meter to read how much light was coming off the T5's I normally veg with and matched the LED to that.

But yeah the yellowed tips told me light was too much early on and I did turn it down significantly. But possibly still too much.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks @Aqua Man, light intensity crossed my mind too, I've had it on about 30% lately, started at about 4 feet high at 40% but saw yellow leaf tips and dialed it back to 30%, currently its at about 24" @30% over the one plant. The other plants are off to the side already.

What I did initially was use my meter to read how much light was coming off the T5's I normally veg with and matched the LED to that.

But yeah the yellowed tips told me light was too much early on and I did turn it down significantly. But possibly still too much.
Yeah lux conversions are different depending on the light source. Florescents lux at 30k would be about 400 ppfd. LED at 30k would be about 550ppfd

sportyridr

sportyridr

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Seems to have rounded the corner... starting to pick up a little speed. Topped it yesterday.

Still have some purple pinstriping, but not sure I'll change anything. This strain did that under HID too iirc so it could be throwing me off a bit.
20210906 134650

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Well.. off to a rough start lol, but I've got faith.

Here is the keeper with the best root system, and this was 4 days of growth between pics, so despite starting out looking a bit haggard, she's growing fast enough. I have faith it will fill in nicely here quick. Put her on a slab today so I expect in a week from now things will look a lot different. Certainly nothing impressive to see yet lol.View attachment 1164270View attachment 1164310View attachment 1164311
That's it? No pot and just a drip tray? I like how clean that is. I just searched for Unislabs and the price for those blocks about $125 tax in for 16 makes it a viable alternative for me. No dirt, dust and no fancy set up. I'll be watching and learning my friend,

I'm supposed to get the SF1000 tomorrow. I still have work to do to get it set up. I had a brain fart and ripped out some of my veg closet to be new and improved & now I've a fking mess and no veg room. Work to do lol😄😄

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Anyhoo.. tent update.

I'll be honest they seem to be having a hard time getting going. I've got decent roots showing on 2 of 4, but all the older foliage has turned yellowish.. at least all 4 are showing new green growth so I'm holding tight. Tent temp is around 82F , 55-60RH, light is set to about 40% at around 30" and showing about 200ppfd on my phone app. Getting dipped daily into nutrient of 0.7ec and 5.7ph.

I'm sure once the roots get well established they'll pick up speed. View attachment 1162948
"40% at around 30" and showing about 200ppfd on my phone app" ....am I going to need a device to measure this ppfd now? no cell phone and no tablet ....My wife's going to love this.😔😔😟🙁😣😣

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

That's it? No pot and just a drip tray? I like how clean that is. I just searched for Unislabs and the price for those blocks about $125 tax in for 16 makes it a viable alternative for me. No dirt, dust and no fancy set up. I'll be watching and learning my friend,

I'm supposed to get the SF1000 tomorrow. I still have work to do to get it set up. I had a brain fart and ripped out some of my veg closet to be new and improved & now I've a fking mess and no veg room. Work to do lol😄😄

That what I'm running this run as well, I'm going to give the Uni-slab a try, I completely stripped a room and am rebuilding from the studs out , floraflex multi -flow water system etc. auto drain I won't have to really touch anything. I'll let you know what I think of them

Top Bottom