Dirtbags Do-over... 🤪 Back to Organic!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Based on the names of the cuts, I'd guess so. Either that or there are some very similarly named cuts from another Gabe grower.

Hmm, That might be the breeder. Kush mint tarts and 4 star were bred by Graham here on the island. But the other stuff I got from buddy was from seeds he got from US breeders.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Hmm, That might be the breeder. Kush mint tarts and 4 star were bred by Graham here on the island. But the other stuff I got from buddy was from seeds he got from US breeders.

Ahhhh! Makes sense. I assumed that he was the breeder after asking you to lock down the cuts. Yeah, I see Graham's stuff on IG all the time, he's a solid dude,

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ahhhh! Makes sense. I assumed that he was the breeder after asking you to lock down the cuts. Yeah, I see Graham's stuff on IG all the time, he's a solid dude,
Graham is a solid dude.

My guy uses seeds from him and other breeders and phenohunts. He selects only the best cuts for production rooms, which is why he wants them locked. They're selected phenos from hundreds of seeds.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Dirtbag also they say less transpiration with co2 bit you will likely find if ya get the room right they transpire more and growths gets explosive af. Not quite found the mark since stopping RDWC but I'm getting there with the coco. By next grow I should have it dialed in.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
@Dirtbag also they say less transpiration with co2 bit you will likely find if ya get the room right they transpire more and growths gets explosive af. Not quite found the mark since stopping RDWC but I'm getting there with the coco. By next grow I should have it dialed in.

Curious to see how it plays with my organic feed regimen..

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Turns out I've got some of the strain names messed up lol...

So far the lineup in the room consists of..
4x chronic mint tarts
8x 4 star general
3x chronic mints
1x wedding crasher
1x spiked punch (sin city version)
1x sky cuddler double kush
2x Lamsbread(breath?) x AK-49
1x C99 x Durban-thai

I still have some C99'xDT and LBx AK49, and one purple wreck rooting. I'll pick 3 more once I have roots.

The seed plants ill just keep in my preflower area to veg for next cycle. The Bahama Mama seeds were 1 for 2, one didn't crack. Grape diamonds was 10 for 10.

RR1

RR1

Thread titles need to be 5 words min now? Thats weird...

Anyway.. Ok, This isn't news for some of you but my last grow went tits up due to a mechanical disaster... so I'm having to start over.

Just got back from town with supplies to get things planted up tomorrow.

This one is a big departure for Ol' Dirtbag. Im mixing up an organic soil and feeding organic also. This isn't exactly a first for me, but its been 20 years anyway.. Reason for going back to organics is simple, this pot is all for me and my head alone, so quality is the only factor im measuring.

Soil mix will be 109L of Proterra peat mix, 20L canna coco, 20L worm castings, 4 cups gaia green 4-4-4,... and 4 cups of neem seed meal.
Using 5 gal fabric pots and handwatering for this round..

Feeding will be lakewater with calcium silicate and Epsom added, and using Earth Juice Grow, Bloom and micros. Skipped the catalyst as it seems like its mostly enzymes, carbs and kelp. I will be supplementing Kelp with floraliscious plus, Enzymes I use already... Not planning on using molasses.

Tomorrow is planting day! For now... Here is a pic of my Nutes lol...View attachment 1049992
Good for you. If you've never read stuff that a guy named subcool writes about building soil, it's worth a look. When I did soil, I would grow bins of soil for 4-6 months before I used it. Well worth the effort.
Good luck,
RR1

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Good for you. If you've never read stuff that a guy named subcool writes about building soil, it's worth a look. When I did soil, I would grow bins of soil for 4-6 months before I used it. Well worth the effort.
Good luck,
RR1

Totally. I have read up on his supersoil method. This one is mostly gonna be bottle fed organics besides the base soil which is mostly peat, castings and microbes. I'd love to run a water only cycle one of these days, but with time constraints, my smoke stash running low and a bunch of plants ready to go, cooking soil wasnt in the cards this round.

Maybe next time. For sure next summers outdoor.

Top Bottom