Dirtbags Do-over... 🤪 Back to Organic!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beluga

beluga

i grew some delicious tomatoes with light doses of miracle grow fertilizer. I think the difference may be slighter than we always thought. Seems environment is more important.
Especially when mass pesticide spraying is part of the environment. I think that's the big one for any mass-produced monoculture. I can't imagine how much of the chutzpah of fruits and veg you're destroying when you just blanket them with harsh chemicals over and over.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Especially when mass pesticide spraying is part of the environment. I think that's the big one for any mass-produced monoculture. I can't imagine how much of the chutzpah of fruits and veg you're destroying when you just blanket them with harsh chemicals over and over.

my garden is sure not happy about the root drenches for the aphids.

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

I do figure if there’s a best time to try some stinky organic plant food it’s this coming winter, where pest pressure will be minimized.

BUT it looks like PBP grow 1gal is 30% off on Amazon right now too...damn hard to resist that. I also know @sshz has excellent results with it as we’ve likely all seen. Obviously that’s nothing more than proof the PBP can do well in the right hands, not a guarantee I’d have the same success. Much to think about.

In the end I think it’s gonna be between EJ, PBP, and Bio-Bizz. I have a few more weeks to make that decision before it’s time to pop seeds.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hey k , yes I did a lot of sweet tooth when they came out back it the day , really popular in the 90's along with the sweet pink grapefruit
Got some very nice plants ....
His projects with DJ really got his gear popular
Yep, he found a wild mutant male blueberry that was so covered in resin it looked metallic. That was his breeding stud for shishkaberry.

greenscholar

greenscholar

I've had a small spider mite problem once in 7 years and I always grow organic even when I have a coco run going. I don't think organic has anything to do with pest. When I tend to my plant it is right out of the shower in my skivvies.

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

Good looks!
I've been running CNS17 for... ever? As far as hydro.
Got that brand loyalty for Botanicare and I've been wanting to try PBP.

UPDATE: I now feel compelled to run PBP next round because of this Amazon review alone:

A2F3A8B0 C472 45DA BE10 476C49560E41

I think it’s safe to say this guy grew some dank with it!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Lol no worries fellas. Ive enjoyed reading it.

Quick update on the plants. So far, so good.
They are certainly perky and happy looking. Great color. Growing slow so far but that was to be expected. Its only been a few days and i expect theyre doing a lot of growing below the soil line still. Sitting about 30" under 1500w of MH right now.

Sky cuddler got cut from the pic but its looking better also.View attachment 1054788
Hmmm i bet some massive will stretch em out for ya... lmao. Inside joke.... do not do this ppl reading.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I really enjoyed coco. I think what was annoying was constantly dumping the runoff so if i go back to that ill need a condensate pump for sure. And as much as i liked the small pots and multifeeds, i really grew to hate that trellis netting shit. So using something that allows bigger pots and stakes for support is welcome.
Im quite enjoying the simplicity of this grow so far. Who knows, my whole approach to how and why i grow took a turn with my last grow disaster.
Knowing how I operate though, i wont be surprised if i do something totally different next 🤣

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I really enjoyed coco. I think what was annoying was constantly dumping the runoff so if i go back to that ill need a condensate pump for sure. And as much as i liked the small pots and multifeeds, i really grew to hate that trellis netting shit. So using something that allows bigger pots and stakes for support is welcome.
Im quite enjoying the simplicity of this grow so far. Who knows, my whole approach to how and why i grow took a turn with my last grow disaster.
Knowing how I operate though, i wont be surprised if i do something totally different next 🤣
Precisely why I'm going SOG... that and better yield.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Precisely why I'm going SOG... that and better yield.
And a shorter grow cycle! SOG is the balls for production runs. I ran 400 plants under 4x 1K lamps for a coulpe years. 50 1 gal pots per light, flipped after 3-4 days. Untimately i got sick of taking so many clones and keeping the moms big and productive became a ball and chain. Big healthy productive moms are everything with a SOG.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

And a shoter grow cycle! SOG is the balls for production runs. I ran 400 plants under 4x 1K lamps for a coulpe years. 50 1 gal pots per light, flipped after 3-4 days. Untimately i got sick of taking so many clones and keeping the moms big and productive became a ball and chain. Big healthy productive moms are everything with a SOG.
Yeah I can see that being a pita... I plan to keep a couple moms so I can keep em smaller. At least for the plants I intend to run SOG.

amekins

amekins

My dear man, you’re too ADD to not keep trying new stuff. I’m new here and even I see that. But I am very curious about quick growing in coco but intimidated by hand watering that often each day.

Top Bottom