Dirtbags Do-over... 🤪 Back to Organic!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TinkTHC

TinkTHC

Alright, let the good times roll! Timer is set for 12/12 and ive got a nice looking batch of mom cuts on the go. Really looking forward to this one!

I also picked up another 20# Co2 tank for a song with some welding supplies, so i should be able to keep the gas on for most of the flower cycle, as long as it doesnt drain completely in under a week or two. Looking forward to finding out!
Where are these plants?

dire wolf

dire wolf

I really liked the Platinum cut... For sure one of the best GSC's.
My Buddy just offered these up to me... May not wait until spring to drop 'em and pop 'em.

View attachment 1059475View attachment 1059476
I did the sin mints , came out real nice , I'll scratch up pic later........
Think those guys hype up the blue power a pinch .....
Do the seed finder thing , you'll see what I mean

TinkTHC

TinkTHC

The clones? In my clone area... the pic was taken in my living room before putting them in their home.

I'll be honest I don't really know what you're getting at here man...
Are these the plants your growing with your new technique? Where are those?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I can definitely see the growth comparing pics taken a week apart.

Planting day
View attachment 1059020
Day 7 veg
View attachment 1059022
Day 13 veg.View attachment 1059023

Must say im pretty happy with this grow so far. Plants are looking healthy and growing a bit differently than im used to. Not gaining nearly as much height, but still bushing out nicely. Im very excited to see how flower goes.
Are these the plants your growing with your new technique? Where are those?
I quoted a post of mine above. Click the arrow beside my name in the post. It will take you to pick of my plants growth in the last 13 days.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I’m just curious what’s going on so far that’s all.
It's all good, sometimes context gets lost in translation over the internet. But i was reading your posts as calling me out for something. Not sure what. For the record I have no intentions other than to chalk this up as another experiment in a long list of experiments in the pursuit of the dankiest dank.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
And watering with dH2O? What beans?
Watering with a mix of Lakewater and well water run through a UV system, also using Earth juice nutrients. Strains in here.. I have 4 star general, wedding crasher, spiked punch, chronic mint tarts, lams bread x ak49, C99xdurban-thai, purple wreck, sky cuddler double kush, and chronic mints. All are from clone except the sky cuddler double kush.

TinkTHC

TinkTHC

Watering with a mix of Lakewater and well water run through a UV system, also using Earth juice nutrients. Strains in here.. I have 4 star general, wedding crasher, spiked punch, chronic mint tarts, lams bread x ak49, C99xdurban-thai, purple wreck, sky cuddler double kush, and chronic mints. All are from clone except the sky cuddler double kush.
Very interesting project! Have you tested the pH of your H2O? 4 Star general and 2 each of the rest? All autos? Diodes?

LaneStrainley

LaneStrainley

Some observations...

These seem about on point for 2 weeks of vegging. I think if i went 3 or 4 they would be close to what my promix plants were.

Second, soooo much less water consumption! Ive used about 1/3 of what my coco or hydro plants used and almost half what the promix and salt nutes used. Its awesome. Almost zero runoff, and i let them get real dry..

Third, the leaves seem a lot thicker. Like, a lot thicker. Really fat and papery, in a god way. Theyre just overall different

So yeah, a bit slower growing, but i think i like this method a lot lot so far.
I always have better stem thickness and overall veg growth with organics, they seem more vibrant too. The problem for me is that I can only do organics in the summer, brewing your own bacteria is crazy easy and well worth it, Ive been on the same package of great white for about 2 years making it monthly for moms and ramping it up for the greenhouse in the summer. Here my stalks from my greenhouse. They look great btw.

20201018 160214
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
I did the sin mints , came out real nice , I'll scratch up pic later........
Think those guys hype up the blue power a pinch .....
Do the seed finder thing , you'll see what I mean

Thanks... I will.
I think those guys hype up everything a bit more than a pinch.
Any feedback on Crocket Family Farms and/or their Double Tangie Banana?
Thinking I should just pop those Cherry Diesels? 🤠

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Very interesting project! Have you tested the pH of your H2O? 4 Star general and 2 each of the rest? All autos? Diodes?

Yes I check ph before watering, and always adjust it to 6.4 or so.

4 star general is the name of the strain, and i have 6 of them. The others are various amounts, 1 of some strains, 2 of some, 4 of some..
And theyre all photoperiod. No autos.

Anthem

Anthem

My theory... cause we always know Aqua has a theory about everything. The difference in o2... hydro and coco have amazing air exchange and holding capacity. During the calvin cycle the plants switch from photosynthesis to respiration where they use o2 and sugars produced by photosynthesis to make energy for growth. The increased levels of respiration at night means they use more o2. We can see this as plants uptake o2 in large amounts at night and give off co2 quite the opposite of during photosynthesis where the opposite it true. I think this is why we see the largest growth in thw first few hrs of the day and over night.

This is Aqua's theory and in no way is claimed as fact. So in essence we see some droop and transpiration slows a lot at night and even more as the o2 is depleted from respiration increase
You might be on to something with this one Aqua Man. I am running hydro these days and I am noticing some kind of strange things since flipping to flower. First thing I have noticed is an increased in CO2 usage over Coco. Secondly, I am seeing much higher CO2 levels lights out. I usually see something down to maybe 200 at the end of the 12 hours of lights off but I am seeing more like 650 at the same time in hydro.

Top Bottom