Dirty Harry: Do You Feel Lucky?

• Thread starter G gnome
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G gnome

G gnome

Ok this don't sit well with me . Joe fresh is good people . In my opinion two weeks of water deprivation will cause enough stress to hermie plants in flower . I feel your pain at the crop going south . I'm just not convinced the beans r to blame . Still planning to run mine as I know these arnt quick to the market wham bam thank you man seeds . Respect and peace . Wish joe was around but I think from our last chat shit might of happened . @Joe Fresh
Im not sayin anything bad about joefresh. I think hes a stellar guy. However i disagree about the reason they hermed would be due to them getting neglected the way they were.

H

happy b

No ones putting down joe.infact i think its already been stated several times that joe put alot of effort in.@Ned Kelly are you saying g gnome shouldnt have posted the truth because it would offend?i know joe wont be offended.theres nothing to be offended about.he put in work and unfortunately this particular strain wasnt a winner.no one paid for the beans so no one can complain about that.its just a shame g gnomes hermed.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

No ones putting down joe.infact i think its already been stated several times that joe put alot of effort in.@Ned Kelly are you saying g gnome shouldnt have posted the truth because it would offend?i know joe wont be offended.theres nothing to be offended about.he put in work and unfortunately this particular strain wasnt a winner.no one paid for the beans so no one can complain about that.its just a shame g gnomes hermed.

What I'm saying carefully as both u and gnome have my respect is one bad run with some unfavourable circumstances does not prove a bad cross . Everyone has a different truth and I'm pretty sure joe would be pissed that beans he gave freely and had some issues like 10 or so keeled over through lack of water is now biting him on the bum . I think a more honest statement would be ( talking as gnome) this run was a disaster my fuckwit mate dried them out and killed some so not sure if it's stress or the strain but the whole thing ended up as a tranny love fest . .

Toaster79

Toaster79

Im guessing it's genetic trait comming from maybe the diesel side of DizzyD. And knowing how many seeds are in stock they are not comming from a single female. So guessing again it was a batch of seeds from an unstable female. There sure could be more such batches but there might also be batches of genetically stable seeds. If those seeds are kept separated by each female the trait could be eliminated throug test runs and ditching bad batches.

Just thinking out loud

G gnome

G gnome

What I'm saying carefully as both u and gnome have my respect is one bad run with some unfavourable circumstances does not prove a bad cross . Everyone has a different truth and I'm pretty sure joe would be pissed that beans he gave freely and had some issues like 10 or so keeled over through lack of water is now biting him on the bum . I think a more honest statement would be ( talking as gnome) this run was a disaster my fuckwit mate dried them out and killed some so not sure if it's stress or the strain but the whole thing ended up as a tranny love fest . .
Ned, the respect is mutual brother.
Besides the plants being neglected at a young age this was otherwise a smooth run. Like u sed we all have our own truth. My truth (opinion) happens to be that the dh was/is hermi prone. I also think that even if the neglect these plants suffered is what stressed them into herming then they are hermi prone. I am very interested to see how u fair w the dh. I sincerely hope u do not have these issues.
I will also say this....at the same time i received the seeds joe also gave me a deezy d clone which happened to have thrips so i gave it to a friend who already had thrips and it hermed as well. Still think it isnt hermi prone?

G gnome

G gnome

As bad as i feel bout sayin negative things about the dh i would feel worse if i didnt put it out there. I reported my results in hopes that it might save someone the trouble i had.
This is just one persons experience. I was just trying to report the news is all.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

nothing has happened to me, im ok....just been very busy with life and its issues...have decided to focus on larger production and focusing on my deezyd as there is huge demand and its sale price is much higher than other strains around...

sad to see your room has hermed, but i know for a fact its not genetic related, gnome has had problems with this run, especially in the begining when he let his friend take over whil he was out of town....his friend almost killed he crop if i recall correctly...

herms are nothing more than hormones...too much of this or not enough of that hormone..ect....plants can herm through stress in the veg period...not just in 12/12....the fact the whole room hermed tells me its the environment and way the crop was handeled....ive given away more than 6000 seeds, and this would be the first case of herms i have heard of....but also gnome has had trouble with this crop...unless you have perfectly healthy plants from start to finnish, its not a controlled test but rather a crop that got fucked in the early stages and was being salvaged...stress will turn a plants hormones crazy and can easily herm a plant if for 2 weeks they were left without water and adequate care...the plants(any plant) will realize its dying and make a hormone change to garantee its survival

i guess the part that dont sit well with me is when someone says it happened for no apparent reason...when clearly there was an issue early in the game...if you have a grow from start to finnish with no issues at all and plants are in good health from begining to end....then you can say for sure that they either did herm from genetics or from room/environmental stress...too bad it wasnt a controlled environmnet from begining to end.....told ya you should have just chucked them and restarted when you left them with your friend...i called it out then that you should have done so...i feel bad for ya man but either way i cant be held responsable if someone almost kills the plants, then brings them back to life and then complains about issues with the plants...thats grower error

i gave you 100 beans, you said you popped 40 or so and gave the rest away...so your 40 or so plants hermed, but none of the other 6000 or so have i heard a single compplaint about, leads me back to grower error...the problem with most growers is their ego dont let them admit to themself that they did fuck up somewhere along the path lol...lesson to be learned here....dont let other ppl take care of your rooms or plants, lol

btw, i chucked 60 DH outside this year, 43 female, 17 male, no herms or nanners, and they did well um to 2-5 degrees celcius...did the best out all my outdoor crop....they were small and got about 1.5 oz per plant, put them out pretty late, extra plants i started and had no room inside for them

all this being said...i dont plan to continue with the seed biz, too much complications, im focusing more on building bank and when the canadian gov legalizes i plan to invest in legal stores....so if anyone has any questions or specifically wants something...pm me and we might be able to work something out

sorry for the long rant...just have not been on in a while and probly wont be for a while again lol...so on that note, peace

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Ned, the respect is mutual brother.
Besides the plants being neglected at a young age this was otherwise a smooth run. Like u sed we all have our own truth. My truth (opinion) happens to be that the dh was/is hermi prone. I also think that even if the neglect these plants suffered is what stressed them into herming then they are hermi prone. I am very interested to see how u fair w the dh. I sincerely hope u do not have these issues.
I will also say this....at the same time i received the seeds joe also gave me a deezy d clone which happened to have thrips so i gave it to a friend who already had thrips and it hermed as well. Still think it isnt hermi prone?
right there is how i know you are pure BS...the deezyd is herm proof.....and i mean herm PROOF......so if you got her to herm....you must be doing something really really wrong.....in almost 9 years of me owning her i have put her through the worst....freezing temps, water deprivation, unbelievable light stress...and not once has she ever even thrown a nanner....she is mold and bug resistant, she may carry the mold spores or bugs as a carryer, but is immune to PM, bud mold, spidermites, thrips...ect...and will never herm....sorry man, that there is my flagship....ive given her out to so many noobs as well and they never got a bad crop, or a nanner...lol

G gnome

G gnome

right there is how i know you are pure BS...the deezyd is herm proof.....and i mean herm PROOF......so if you got her to herm....you must be doing something really really wrong.....in almost 9 years of me owning her i have put her through the worst....freezing temps, water deprivation, unbelievable light stress...and not once has she ever even thrown a nanner....she is mold and bug resistant, she may carry the mold spores or bugs as a carryer, but is immune to PM, bud mold, spidermites, thrips...ect...and will never herm....sorry man, that there is my flagship....ive given her out to so many noobs as well and they never got a bad crop, or a nanner...lol
Pure bs eh? Lol thats a lil harsh. I didnt grow the deezy like i sed i gave it to a buddy so idk what he put her thru. I dont think my buddy was lying about gettin herms.
Again this is just my opinion. I meant no disrespect towards u joe.
I have tried to be as forthcoming as possible in regards to what happened with this grow. I never tried to mask the fact that these plants had gone thru that ruff patch when my buddy took care of em. All we are left to do is speculate as to why the plants hermed. Them not being well cared for a while I was on vacation is an obvious reason for them to herm but imo that still makes them prone to it. It would be very close minded of me to say that w/o a doubt that them having a ruff start was not the reason they hermed. But i will say that i have stressed other plants way worse than that and they didnt herm. By the time i threw em into flower they were back to 100% and it had been 5 wks since they had been underwatered.
I would also like to add that i set my new personal best yield w the dh.
There are A LOT of great smelling and lookin phenos in there. Other than the prob w the nanners the dh was an absolute joy to grow.

G gnome

G gnome

I just wanted to add that joe gave me both the seeds and the deezy d clone as a gift out of kindness and i do appreciate that. I hold joe in the highest regard. However, i am of the opinion that if the stress that these plants suffered as seedlings caused em to herm then it dont take much stress to make em herm therefore they are hermi prone.
I am anxious to see another grow report on the dh which to date i haven't seen a single one. I wish anyone growing the the dh the best o luck. Sorry i didnt have a b experience.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

When I first started at this game I had what I would consider pretty much a black thumb, I had never grown any kind of plant out in my life and I had a long way to go just to get a plant to look healthy under my care. I always used feminized seeds, (after my very first run that is), and I caused so much stress to so many plants it's not even funny, ruined whole crops repeatedly for a while there. For a while I was using a 500w flowering LED to start my plants, I had been misinformed that it was good for both. What a disaster that whole thing was, it went that way for a while because I couldn't figure out what was going wrong. With all the hell that I put a lot of plants through I never had one herm on me through it all.
When I finally did have one herm, (kinda recently), it was because of light issues, I stressed it into happening. After finally getting on a forum, when I brought it up one of the first things said to me was that if I was able to stress it into throwing male flowers then the strain isn't very stable to begin with. (Spraying with colloidal silver would be an obvious exception.) I was recently reading something from a breeder that was saying the same thing.
Was I wrong in thinking that these were tester beans? Isn't that kinda the point of testers, to see if they have certain traits like this? If they are testers then it seems a little unreasonable to say there's no way it could've happened, that it has to be grower error. Even if it was, in my experience, and from everything I've been told or read, it shouldn't have happened if the strain truly was stable.
That's my 2 cents that I probably should've just kept to myself.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Ive only popped six beans. Four broke the soil, one of them was a runt and the other three were males. One of the males turned out to be the heavy Hashberry leaner and was used to pollinate the Purple Trainwreck and 707 Headband from HSO. All the offspring turned out to be herm prone and Im not talking about some sacks at the bottom side of the plant in the shade but nanners poking out of main colas. PTxDH cross didn't produce any seeds where 707xDH produced some, main colas again. Decided to ditch the project and move on.

But you already know all of this @G gnome

G gnome

G gnome

Ive only popped six beans. Four broke the soil, one of them was a runt and the other three were males. One of the males turned out to be the heavy Hashberry leaner and was used to pollinate the Purple Trainwreck and 707 Headband from HSO. All the offspring turned out to be herm prone and Im not talking about some sacks at the bottom side of the plant in the shade but nanners poking out of main colas. PTxDH cross didn't produce any seeds where 707xDH produced some, main colas again. Decided to ditch the project and move on.

But you already know all of this @G gnome
I appreciate your input Toast.
In ur opinion was it the dirty harry side that made ur crosses herm prone and wud u recommend the dirty harry?

Toaster79

Toaster79

Well purple trainwreck and 707 didn't show any herm traits when grown under extreme conditions so I can only assume it was the Dirty Harry that was herm prone. Might give it another chance just to be sure.

Would I recommend it? If you're a personal grower with a few plants like me, you probably won't care about a seed here and there. If you commercial and make a living out of growing, I'd suggest you avoid this cross. It's just not stable.

G gnome

G gnome

Well purple trainwreck and 707 didn't show any herm traits when grown under extreme conditions so I can only assume it was the Dirty Harry that was herm prone. Might give it another chance just to be sure.

Would I recommend it? If you're a personal grower with a few plants like me, you probably won't care about a seed here and there. If you commercial and make a living out of growing, I'd suggest you avoid this cross. It's just not stable.

Lemme know if ya end up popping some more o those dh.
I must admit im surprised to hear u say that tho

Toaster79

Toaster79

Lemme know if ya end up popping some more o those dh.
I must admit im surprised to hear u say that tho

I just don't feel comfortable with saying a cross is unstable/herm prone when I haven't grown a single female plant. Just not how i play the game. So will have to pop another 15-20 seeds to confirm it or bash it IF I get a female or two.

Top Bottom