DIY Aeroponic Cloner near ready

• Thread starter ninjadip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ninjadip

ninjadip

Almost done setting up my cloner, just tested it last night and realize I need to make a water seal around the lid and tote because of water leaks due to its design.

Nonetheless I want to post what I got so far, and it will be up as soon as I can get to hardware store.

I got the hortipots manifold and matching pump for cheap. It's so funny how the replacement parts, really the heart of it, cost so little but inside of a tote they want $100s

I'm going to start with cloneX solution and most likely find a cheaper alternative after I see what works and what doesn't. Not sure what to set cyclic timer to, I was thinking one minute on, five off.

Open to suggestions

Diy aeroponic cloner near ready
Diy aeroponic cloner near ready 2
Diy aeroponic cloner near ready 3
Diy aeroponic cloner near ready 4
Diy aeroponic cloner near ready 5
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Looking awesome, you'll be cranking out clones in no time!

I run mine 24/7 when I am making clones. One thing, from that drawing, you will want to get a piece of tubing to get that sprayer higher so you can get more water in there, you won't need a lot but just get it up a few inches, then you can bring your water to just below that sprayer head.

Lots of ways folks are doing clones that seem to work.

I ph my water to 5.8, then add small amounts of Part A and B and Golden Tree from Humboldts Secret nutrient line.....ppms around 250-300. I've had 100% success rate, but I've only made about 8 or 10 clones in my cannabis tenure.

ninjadip

ninjadip

That's good advice to raise the manifold, I'll look for something when I go the store this weekend.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Nice build! Cutting the net cup to hold the cloning plug .... that's brilliant.

With an aero-cloner everything roots. It pretty much is 100% successful. The ones that don't make it are the ones that you decided not to keep.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
That's what I can't wait for! That unstoppable aeroponic cloning power!!! 🧙‍♂️🔫🚿🌴🌴😁😆

True wizard power is finally within reach lol
Hey, I love the DIY stuff. I built a bubbler last year It cost me around $100 for parts...it worked and with a bit more tweeking I could get it to be as good as I get just sticking them in dirt with Clonex I got about 60% of my cuttings rooted in the bubbler. I just got 100% of my cuttings rooted in the dirt only. .....These things work but are they really needed?.....Proper care of the cutting is all that's really needed.

ninjadip

ninjadip

My plans have been delayed... No matter what I do, I can't get this thing water tight. I've tried weather stripping and it's just a design of the tote...

I have to go get another tote and start over with the holes, but at least now I know what to look for. Just a shame, because that tote was an almost perfect 2x2 to fit my tent

steamroller

steamroller

I used a plastic tote like this

p_1001057072.jpg

The hole saw fit perfect in the diamonds and they add strength to the top which becomes much weaker in most builds after all the holes.
Also the lid sits inside the box, not above it so helps with leaks.

freezeland2

freezeland2

p_1001057072.jpg

The hole saw fit perfect in the diamonds and they add strength to the top which becomes much weaker in most builds after all the holes.
I remembered that build and was going to tag you here to chime in. The indented lid design you used certainly would address the OP’s current problem in his build.

ninjadip

ninjadip

This is where the water leaks, all around the lid. I'm not sure if this zip tying will work all the way around, but I'm going to try it and silicone any gaps, before I start over.

PXL 20230107 130628012
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

My plans have been delayed... No matter what I do, I can't get this thing water tight. I've tried weather stripping and it's just a design of the tote...

I have to go get another tote and start over with the holes, but at least now I know what to look for. Just a shame, because that tote was an almost perfect 2x2 to fit my tent
My aero-cloner, purchased at a brick and mortar store is not water-tight. What is different is the lid rests inside the lip of the bottom reservoir part of the container so that any water that reaches the rim of the container is funneled back into the reservoir. See if you can find a suitable container that recesses the lid inside instead of pressing down and over the bottom part of the container. If you can find a container where the lid recesses like shown in the pic: it won't need to be water-tight.

Aerocloner

ninjadip

ninjadip

p_1001057072.jpg

The recessed lid is perfect, if I can't fix what I got, I will def look for a design like this. Thanks

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

p_1001057072.jpg

I use those same totes in my fogponics setup. I poured liquid rubber on the lid to make it smooth first so holes can be drilled anywhere, and when you drop the net cups in you get a good seal regardless where you do it.

fa65f841-2e77-4486-8c8f-f70fe62348eb-jpeg.1286234

Flex seal

No leaks anywhere, and the added thickness of the rubber helps to prevent light leaks into the root zone too.

ninjadip

ninjadip

@Moe.Red man you must have used two cans of that stuff to get it to fill all the way in! I thought the one can would be enough, it's expensive shit. Oh well. This is good for me, I really wanted to use it for the extra light blockage 👍

PXL 20230107 183939264
Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
@Moe.Red man you must have used two cans of that stuff to get it to fill all the way in! I thought the one can would be enough, it's expensive shit. Oh well. This is good for me, I really wanted to use it for the extra light blockage 👍
How’s that BD? Wouldn’t mind a super heavy in my mix. I got some trade worthies let’s me know ninja

Top Bottom